Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police in Kansas are asking for assistance in locating a missing woman who was on her way to Birmingham.

Marilane Carter, 36, was last seen leaving her home in Overland Park, Kan. on her way to visit family in Birmingham Aug. 1. Her last known telephone contact with her family places her in Memphis on Aug. 2, according to police.

Carter is described as being 5-foot-8 and weighing 130 pounds with long brown hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing a green shirt and black yoga pants. She was driving a gray 2011 GMC Acadia with Kansas plate, “194LFY.”

JEFCOED-3.jpg

Authorities searching for missing Overland Park woman who was traveling to Birmingham

FB page "Find Marilane" is an approved group run by a family member of Marilane.

ADMIN NOTE: "FIND MARILANE CARTER" is a closed group and is NOT an approved source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Find Marilane
50m ·
We are launching this page to share info, tips, leads, etc. to help find Marilane Carter!

If you have any contact, tips, or leads, please call 9-1-1.

For media questions, please contact 205-390-1003.

We are praying for Marilane to be found safely and quickly!

Updates will be posted as they are made available. Please share this page and follow. God bless.

I wonder if she could have already been admitted to a facility? With privacy laws any disclosure to her family would be forbidden without her written consent.

Sending prayers that she is found safe very soon.

I wonder if she could have already been admitted to a facility? With privacy laws any disclosure to her family would be forbidden without her written consent.

Sending prayers that she is found safe very soon.
I sure hope that you are right & that is the case! I also am hoping & praying for a safe outcome.

The family said she stayed overnight in West Plains, Missouri, according to her bank statement. On Sunday, they spoke with her for the last time. They said she seemed confused and disoriented.

Since then, she was seen at a gas station in West Memphis, Arkansas, on Sunday and on Monday at another gas station in Southhaven, Mississippi. Officer John Lacy with the Overland Park Police Department said they’re waiting for more information.

“It’s my understanding there’s a person that assisted her, that she needed gas in that area and aided her in giving her about $10-20 of gasoline, and she proceeded,” Lacy said. “What we’re doing is working with the local law enforcement in Mississippi and Tennessee to see if we can locate Mrs. Carter.”

All of the departments across three states, along with the FBI, are working together to find her.

“She could be lost. I don’t know if she’s familiar with Mississippi or she’s been there before,” Lacy said. “Where she is going, her ultimate destination, and where she is is contradicting so that causes a concern.”

Carter’s husband drove down to the Memphis area to help with the search.

Since Sunday her phone stopped pinging, and there is no activity on her cards. The family hopes someone will help them find Marilane and make sure she’s safe.

Multi-state search for missing Overland Park mom continues as family fears for her safety | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Kansas woman who disappeared on her way to Alabama was going to see sister's newborn baby

A mother of three from Kansas was on her way to Birmingham to help with her sister's birth and seek therapy for a sleeping problem before she disappeared, according to her family.

The search for Marlene Carter is now focused on the mid-south.

But her mother says Marilane's phone went dead in this area in west Memphis off Bridgeport road under the I-55 bridge at a walking trail.

Marlene Mesler: "We don't have any record of her leaving this area. So this is the last known spot that we know she was ."

Marilane's mother, father, husband and siblings have desperately been searching in this area for two days. law enforcement from west Memphis and Crittenden county have helped in the search and Memphis has helped as well.

Her mother says her daughter was not only coming to visit and be there when her sister's baby is born, but also to get some counseling in Birmingham because she had been having trouble sleeping.

Her family says she told them on the trip that she was getting lost which they found puzzling.

Marlene Mesler: "She's driven the route several times so she knew the way."

More @ link WS/TOS

Kansas woman who disappeared on her way to Alabama was going to see sister's newborn baby

A mother of three from Kansas was on her way to Birmingham to help with her sister's birth and seek therapy for a sleeping problem before she disappeared, according to her family.

But her mother says Marilane's phone went dead in this area in west Memphis off Bridgeport road under the I-55 bridge at a walking trail.

Marlene Mesler: "We don't have any record of her leaving this area. So this is the last known spot that we know she was ."

Marilane's mother, father, husband and siblings have desperately been searching in this area for two days. law enforcement from west Memphis and Crittenden county have helped in the search and Memphis has helped as well.

Her mother says her daughter was not only coming to visit and be there when her sister's baby is born, but also to get some counseling in Birmingham because she had been having trouble sleeping.

Her family says she told them on the trip that she was getting lost which they found puzzling.

More @ link WS/TOS
Finally someone gives some details which make sense of the purpose for Marilane's trip!! The previous details made it sound so nefarious.
We all know what lack of sleep does to our body and mental state, so the confusion could be related?

Where are you Marilane, so many people need you to be found safe!

More @ link WS/TOS

I think it would be very stressful to be driving to help with your sisters newborn's birth and having sleep issues. When my sister gave birth we were exhausted after helping her the first few weeks, can't imagine going into the event with issues. If she were already suffering from a sleep issue and driving a long distance alone - sounds like a train wreck getting ready to happen. I hope she's found safe and soon, but I'm concerned about her well being more than ever now.

https://www.arkansasbaptist.org/post/kansas-pastor-s-wife-goes-missing-on-drive-to-alabama

Associate pastor Jason Franklin told Baptist Press the church is struggling with feelings of having failed the 36-year-old mother of three children, although he said her reported mental health struggles were not common knowledge among the congregation of about 100 worshipers.

Shortly after noon today (Aug. 6), a Find Marilane post indicated that the Crittenden County (Arkansas) Sheriff’s Department has intensified a search for Marilane in West Memphis, Ark., about 10 miles west of Memphis, Tenn., on the other side of the Mississippi River.

“The Crittenden County Sheriff’s Department is now conducting searches with 4-wheelers by ground and drones by air within the area last pinged on Marilane’s cell phone,” the post reads. The sheriff’s department posted on its page, “Missing person possibly last known whereabouts Crittenden County, Arkansas, near the Big River crossing near I-55 and the Old Bridge.”

Law enforcement agencies from at least four states are involved in the search, as well as volunteers. The National Center For Missing and Endangered, Inc., has posted a widely shared press release from Overland Park police announcing Marilane’s disappearance.

According to the Find Marilane page, she checked into the Quality Inn hotel at 3:37 a.m. on Sunday morning and checked back out at 6:08 a.m. That’s based on the hotel’s surveillance footage and time stamps. She wasn’t at the hotel but 2-1/2 hours, not enough time for even a decent nap after driving. I took a screenshot of the info and hope that it is allowed. If not, please delete and advise. This is very concerning to me. That’s her walking into the hotel in the photo.

Attachments

• 7E8B8692-B0DB-48D5-968E-2DA66C36D260.png
    7E8B8692-B0DB-48D5-968E-2DA66C36D260.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 245
Time line I've put together so far:

Sat Aug 1 8:15 pm left Kansas City

Sun 8-2/3:37am Checked into Quality Inn, West Plains, Mo
6:08am Checked out
8:02 pm Phone GPS Pinged I-55 entering Memphis & phone contact w/family

Reported sightings: Sunday - West Memphis, Ark gas station
Monday - South Haven, Miss gas station

No credit card activity or phone activity

I'm worried for Marilane. This doesn't sound good as it's been almost a week now w/ no communication or card use. Apparently she'd made the drive before and was familiar with the route, so getting lost makes me think she possibly was sleepy and made a wrong turn or took a wrong exit....but what happened then? Where are you, Marilane? Praying here, for her and her family.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member