Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if the men & women of the West Mempis LE are the same people that were on the WM3 case? I didn't follow that, so I'm just curious.

If I recall correctly most were either promoted or remained in their positions (I think Gitchell and Burnett were promoted to higher positions, but willing to be wrong). That PI guy who remained on the side of innocence (Colin Firth's character in Devil's Knot) passed away a few years ago and I recently learned John Mark Byers passed away not too long ago - like, this year during pandemic lockdown.

I've had male colleagues that kept backing in and just couldn't do it and kept using two parking spaces. I asked them why they kept doing it if they just couldn't do it.

And I've asked men in parking lots if it was really that hard to park a SUV when they were taking two spots. I'm a woman and they didn't like it.

But I'm curious. How many women here prefer backing in to nose first?

I always back in because I drive a large truck (2500) and it’s easier to take the time to back in upon arrival and pull straight out when leaving.

What needs to be understood is what happened between when Marilane checked out of her hotel and when her phone last pinged.

It might not be just her phone that needs to be checked. LE should check others who may have been in touch with her. Not just numbers but the locations from which calls may have been placed.

This story breaks my heart ❤

Death and dying is very personal, intimate and private act.

As a terminal, or palliative, patient gets closer to death they close the circle of friends and family around them. The circle gets smaller and smaller. Privacy becomes more important. Many times a palliative person will wait to pass when family has gone home and left for the day. They want to be alone.

Quite often when a person decides to take their own life they disappear and find a place that is right for them. There is privacy and solitude. They don’t want to be found. Or at the very least, they do not want family to find them. It is a protective measure.

The only person who can make sense of what happened is Marilane. We can guess all we want but it is fruitless to try to make sense, or understand, what Marilane was thinking or comprehend her choices. If we were in her shoes maybe we could understand.

As odd as it seems, Marilane found a place that worked for her. If it was an accident it is tragic. If it was purposeful it is still tragic.

Just some things to think about.

MOO

As a terminal, or palliative, patient gets closer to death they close the circle of friends and family around them. The circle gets smaller and smaller. Privacy becomes more important. Many times a palliative person will wait to pass when family has gone home and left for the day. They want to be alone.

Quite often when a person decides to take their own life they disappear and find a place that is right for them. There is privacy and solitude. They don’t want to be found. Or at the very least, they do not want family to find them. It is a protective measure.

The only person who can make sense of what happened is Marilane. We can guess all we want but it is fruitless to try to make sense, or understand, what Marilane was thinking or comprehend her choices. If we were in her shoes maybe we could understand.

As odd as it seems, Marilane found a place that worked for her. If it was an accident it is tragic. If it was purposeful it is still tragic.

MOO
A simple "like" was not enough. That was truthfully and beautifully stated.
Thank you for taking the time to explain that.

MOO

Yes. Agreed!

https://www.findmarilane.com/?fbclid=IwAR1h-MCqCnYiTP5AvmGXTpBGNQ5gHlKH7TJamshqK_mO9EmVcZhtN44hbTo

words from Marilane’s mother about her son-in-law. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Thank you for posting this.

“In the last weeks, I’ve witnessed a man in great pain relentlessly searching for his wife. It was Adam who okayed putting our search on social media knowing full well that he would be targeted by those wanting to draw attention to themselves. He didn’t care. He simply wanted to find his wife because he loves her.”

https://www.findmarilane.com/?fbclid=IwAR1h-MCqCnYiTP5AvmGXTpBGNQ5gHlKH7TJamshqK_mO9EmVcZhtN44hbTo

True story, but off topic...

My brother and I used to stealth camp our way across the country on road trips, and one night after driving by Graceland at like midnight just to say we saw it from the outside we camped along the Arkansas side of the river less than 5 miles from where Marilane was found. For whatever reason it was by far the spookiest place I've ever stealth camped in my life. We joked the next morning that we were glad we woke up in one piece. But early the next morning we had our first ever Waffle House experience nearby in West Memphis and it made it all worth it. I've been chasing that first time Waffle House experience ever since, but it's just not the same. This was in 1995, so only 2 years after the West Memphis Three case, although we didn't know about it at the time. We used to do this all the time, but that was the only place that really gave me bad vibes.

I was in Memphis a few years ago and it was easily the most depressing city I’ve ever visited. I was honestly too spooked to even be out in the evening because huge portions of the city are just like... abandoned? Empty? I don’t even know how to describe it. I would never go back there.

I was in Memphis a few years ago and it was easily the most depressing city I’ve ever visited. I was honestly too spooked to even be out in the evening because huge portions of the city are just like... abandoned? Empty? I don’t even know how to describe it. I would never go back there.

I have lived in Baltimore and DC, so barren urban areas don't phase me as much as depressed rural ones.

What needs to be understood is what happened between when Marilane checked out of her hotel and when her phone last pinged.

It might not be just her phone that needs to be checked. LE should check others who may have been in touch with her. Not just numbers but the locations from which calls may have been placed.

This story breaks my heart ❤

Why do LE need to ‘check’ all this? There are no suspicious circumstances around her death......do they have valuable working time to waste checking on phones of whom exactly?

Why do LE need to ‘check’ all this? There are no suspicious circumstances around her death......do they have valuable working time to waste checking on phones of whom exactly?

LE may say that no foul play is suspected, but IMO, that is not a statement I would be comfortable making in the 5-6 hours between Marilane being found and when the preliminary COD being released.

To me, there are just too many things that do not make sense. Timing, short hotel stay, backing in to a container, not the greatest police. It just seems to me that the prelimimary cause of her death was easily arrived at... and I hope it's not a situation where the authorities are not just lured into seeing what they want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23