Found Safe KS - Mianne Sell, 52, Kansas City, 8 Jun 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Police looking for missing Leawood runner

Police are looking for a Leawood woman who went out for a run Friday morning and hasn’t been heard from since.
81DA7D01-A019-4E22-B797-E4064C97CD55.jpeg
Mianne Sell, 52, left her house near 143rd and Roe around 8 a.m., leaving a note that she was going out for a run.

Her husband became concerned when she hadn’t returned by 10:30 a.m. and alerted police.

Sell is described as a white woman, 5-feet tall, weighing 90 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes. She may have been wearing black running shorts and gray shoes.

If you see Sell, contact the Leawood Police Department at (913) 642-7700.

Last edited:
Leawood woman goes on morning run and never returns home. Police seek public's help
KC Star

Maybe she left something in the note that alarmed her husband. Does it seem strange that police got right on it?

It doesn't seem odd to me at all that he was panicked after 2.5 hours - if my husband was gone for 2.5 hours and wasn't replying to texts or phone calls I would worry very much, because we have a habit of always being in touch. Heck, if one of my parents were gone and out of touch for more than an *hour* the other one would be terrified. It depends on the family/couple and how they kept track of each other. BTW - This is a very nice part of the Kansas City area - new, wealthy suburbia.

It doesn't seem odd to me at all that he was panicked after 2.5 hours - if my husband was gone for 2.5 hours and wasn't replying to texts or phone calls I would worry very much, because we have a habit of always being in touch. Heck, if one of my parents were gone and out of touch for more than an *hour* the other one would be terrified. It depends on the family/couple and how they kept track of each other. BTW - This is a very nice part of the Kansas City area - new, wealthy suburbia.
When looking at Google Earth, there appeared to be construction on 143rd just a short way from Roe, but when I went down to street level it wasn't there. Are you familiar with the area?

Leawood, indeed an affluent Kansas City suburb, is on the Kansas side. Therefore, the thread title is incorrect. She is missing from Leawood KS.

When looking at Google Earth, there appeared to be construction on 143rd just a short way from Roe, but when I went down to street level it wasn't there. Are you familiar with the area?
I am very familiar but live in a different neighborhood and haven't been near that specific area for a few weeks.

People in the neighborhood posted on Next Door a few days ago about seeing an unfamiliar man while they were walking their dogs and he talked to them and acted strangely.

Leawood woman who went missing Friday after a morning run is reunited with family
KC Star
-
The woman, who is 52 years old, was found about 8 p.m.

"She has been reunited with family members and is talking to investigators," wrote Capt. Brad Robbins with Leawood police in a statement.
-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back