KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my dad died, my brother, sister and I were taking photos of the outside of the house. In the diamond shaped window of the front door, is an image of my dad's face. Dad was 5'10", the window is at 6' ft.

After my mom died, I had a quilt of hers hanging on the wall and every grandchild from age 6 to the new ones, would stare at it and lean in to touch it.

Rita: Your mom is always with you.
Letting all the grandkids pick out a special memory of Ninny was a wonderful gift to them.

Good morning friends. We had an Easter egg for the kids Easter Sunday at Ninny's house. It was beautiful weather and they had a lot of fun. Then it sort of turned into, well...we need to start going thru things...we need to decide what to do with this...what to do with that...

We let all the kids pick "special" things from Ninny's house. "Special" ranged from a weathered old lantern and junk jewelry to her many rosaries, prayer books, and horse stuff. I think they all were really happy to get to pick those things and feel closer to her.

Very tough to pick up the clothes that she wore last and touch her much-loved, much-worn Crocs w/ the ACCHS tiger paws on them. It's so hard to let any of it go, even though I don't know what we'll do with it all. Her can of Fresca is still sitting on her desk where she left it. Why would you keep something like that? But still I don't want to throw it away. I am SO thankful that she loved taking pictures...there are thousands of them.

So twelve kids run in, out, and about while we box and sort and organize...still thinking, "is this REALLY real?" I swear I could smell her perfume the last two mornings when I woke up.[/QUOTE]

BBM - Honey, you did.

The cost can never be measured nor can the experience that LE and other searchers have gathered be properly valued in this case or any other missing person case. No "drill" organized by any LE or emergency agency can ever teach as much as a real event. The numerous agencies involved in this have gained rare 'in the field' experience, they have learned how to better work together, they have improved their investigative techniques, they have become aware of places and connections that can provide information in future cases. All of this is happening in small counties that, fortunately, do no get a lot of criminal cases, but that still need skilled investigators when they do occur. All the local residents (IMO) should view this not as just a benefit to Pat and her family, but one that may/will apply to incidents that directly affect them in the future. If I were them, I would be thankful to know that my local LE was willing to put in long hours and months of attention to determine who had harmed one of their own.

jmoo

TRUE and hopefully, the bad guys of the world have learned that no matter how smart they think they are, they will get caught and hell really IS coming.

Good morning friends. We had an Easter egg for the kids Easter Sunday at Ninny's house. It was beautiful weather and they had a lot of fun. Then it sort of turned into, well...we need to start going thru things...we need to decide what to do with this...what to do with that...

We let all the kids pick "special" things from Ninny's house. "Special" ranged from a weathered old lantern and junk jewelry to her many rosaries, prayer books, and horse stuff. I think they all were really happy to get to pick those things and feel closer to her.

Very tough to pick up the clothes that she wore last and touch her much-loved, much-worn Crocs w/ the ACCHS tiger paws on them. It's so hard to let any of it go, even though I don't know what we'll do with it all. Her can of Fresca is still sitting on her desk where she left it. Why would you keep something like that? But still I don't want to throw it away. I am SO thankful that she loved taking pictures...there are thousands of them.

So twelve kids run in, out, and about while we box and sort and organize...still thinking, "is this REALLY real?" I swear I could smell her perfume the last two mornings when I woke up.

She is still your mom, Rita, and how could she not check in from time to time to give you some comfort? As my sister posted, we would smell our mom's cigarette smoke. There were times after her death that I would be so upset and driving in my car alone or with someone and smell it... and that is odd because my husband and I don't smoke and no one smokes in my car (not even my mom). After she was gone, I remember wishing so hard there was a way to have ONE phone call to heaven... and her... just one. (but I know it would NEVER be enough even if we had 1000000000000 calls). Even if you believe they are in Heaven and have said everything there is to say and they KNOW how much you love them and you know how much they love you... letting go is still hard.

KNZA (local radio) announcement ...all Kansas courts will be closed this Friday due to state budget...

My great grandmother, who few of us great grandkids got to know, had a silver heart locket she wore with my picture in it. As a wee one I would climb into her lap and open the locket and show her I was in there. She promised I could have it when I was old enough, and sure enough she gave it to me shortly before she passed. We younger ones need those mementos. You did a wonderful thing for the kids, Rita. Huge hugs!

Sending up more prayers for Pat and her babies and grandbabies. Please let there be answers soon!

After my mother died... we could smell cigarette smoke - very strong at times although no one around smoked or was around anyone who did.

The strangest thing that happened though - the very next day (she died suddenly at 11:30 pm on a Monday night) the next day all of us kids were at my house. We were in the diningroom when suddenly a light like a reflection was shining on the wall. The wall was opposite the East window and it was morning so it really wasn't so wired. But it was Big and Shaped like a Heart!! So we all noticed it and we commented on it. Then we went over and put our hands in front of it to see what direction the reflection was coming from. (you know what I mean - when you "block" it with your hand you can kind of guess which direction it is coming from?) We never ever could block it. We pulled the curtians -- it stayed. We just took it as a sign from mom. I have a pic of it I will post on here sometime.

Here is the picture
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1124&pictureid=10014

Re: 'special things'
My cousins & I got to choose an item from our grandparents home.
I picked my grandma's rocking chair (which belonged to her mother) which would be my great grandmother.
Now..(35 years later)..I have sat in that chair with my grandchildren.

That is very cool!

When my mother passed away, we split up her things between her children and grandchildren. I got her robe. After I took it home, I didn't wash it for a while because it still smelled like her. Almost three years later, I still wear it some almost every day. I have washed a few times since then though. :)

There were other things of hers that I clung onto at the time. Not because they were important to me really, just because I couldn't stand to see them thrown away or donated even. Gradually, I have let go of a lot of that stuff.

Long, long ago, one of my friends's grandmothers, when she was young, was very ill and her family, one cold night, gathered in her house to pray. Her fever broke toward dawn and, on the windowpane in the back door, frost had formed the perfect image of a small lamb - it was the Lamb of God, they said. Except it didn't melt with the warming of the day; it stayed there, perfect and whole, for more than fifty years. My friend showed it to me after his grandmother had died and there it was, the Lamb.

Long, long ago, one of my friends's grandmothers, when she was young, was very ill and her family, one cold night, gathered in her house to pray. Her fever broke toward dawn and, on the windowpane in the back door, frost had formed the perfect image of a small lamb - it was the Lamb of God, they said. Except it didn't melt with the warming of the day; it stayed there, perfect and whole, for more than fifty years. My friend showed it to me after his grandmother had died and there it was, the Lamb.

oh my goodness!!! WOW!!

oh my goodness!!! WOW!!

It was one of those "if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I'd never have believed it" things. My pal had told me about it years before and I was, like, "Yeah, right, whatever," but when we went over to the old house, yes, there it was! His family later sold the house but took the door and windowpane. It was stored in their garage for years and finally was destroyed when a tornado hit my hometown. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla