KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to look up 'arraignment' ..I think it means appear before the judge ...enter a plea...and then judge would set date for the next court appearance...?
Had to look up 'DUI felony' (Kansas) ...I think that DUI #1 & DUI #2 are misdemeanors but DUI #3 is a felony..?

Yes to all that.

OK, we're back to things taking place on Friday? Maybe Nursebeme needs another hair cut?

Will be with you tomorrow, will you be attending the arraignment? Take care and let us know the results.

Hugs and Love from
TEXAS

A haircut for Nursebeeme would be most welcome! We're not going to the arraignment, but will let you know as soon as we hear anything. Hugs and love back to you!!!!!!

I did my usual Friday morning WalMart jaunt so as not to jinx anything, thinking all the while that an arraignment would be a good time for an arrest on another matter.

wfgdot... :)

Jury trial set for EK on felony DUI for August 30 in Brown County.

Didn't catch the whole story but there was something on WIBW @ 5:00 (re: EK in court).

WIBW video archives (7-9-2010 news @ 10:00) said EK will have pretrial hearing July 30th.

Jury trial? For DUI? Wow! I guess because it's a felony DUI - why is that?

I've heard of a jury trial on a DUI but can't recall why it went to a jury. In this day, nothing surprises me. We can just hope that EK will be found guilty and will be incarcerated! Then he will be handy for the next charge!

Prayers continue for Pat's children, grand-children and friends. What torture they have been through over the last 8 months! May the Lord continue to hold each and every one of you in his loving arms.

Prayers for the Kimmi family this morning...

I've heard of a jury trial on a DUI but can't recall why it went to a jury. In this day, nothing surprises me. We can just hope that EK will be found guilty and will be incarcerated! Then he will be handy for the next charge!

Prayers continue for Pat's children, grand-children and friends. What torture they have been through over the last 8 months! May the Lord continue to hold each and every one of you in his loving arms.

In the US legal system, you're entitled to a jury trial whenever you're accused of a felony. It's one of the rights of being an American.

In the US legal system, you're entitled to a jury trial whenever you're accused of a felony. It's one of the rights of being an American.

I think we all understand that, carbuff. It's just that you don't often see that with DUI/DWI charges. Also wondering what constitutes a "felony DUI" in the absence of an accident or injury to another.

Ah well. If our intuition is on target with EK, this will be the least of his problems!

Prayers for accurate work by legal authorities.

Continued prayers for Pat's family and friends.

The Lord is there, we just have to open up and let him help.

I think we all understand that, carbuff. It's just that you don't often see that with DUI/DWI charges. Also wondering what constitutes a "felony DUI" in the absence of an accident or injury to another.

Ah well. If our intuition is on target with EK, this will be the least of his problems!
All we can do is hope and pray that this will just be the beginnings of his problems. By the way, carbuff, love your tag! Can I quote you? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23