KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
wibw.com

101910trialbackto2-22-11.jpg

Just saw the trial has been delayed (on tv news)...'cause attorney has been too busy with other cases'???? so sorry to hear this...

Same info, from Atchison Globe:

Roger Hollister, 58, rural Sabetha, is poised to have a jury proclaim his guilt or innocence during a trial beginning Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011, in Atchison County District Court.
---
http://atchisonglobeonline.com/index.asp

Well, good thing he's poised; cells are small spaces.

Same info, from Atchison Globe:

Roger Hollister, 58, rural Sabetha, is poised to have a jury proclaim his guilt or innocence during a trial beginning Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011, in Atchison County District Court.
---
http://atchisonglobeonline.com/index.asp

Well, good thing he's poised; cells are small spaces.

At first glance, I read that as "poisoned!" Which would actually be true, but I took it literally (and gleefully!). Ah well, justice delayed. Par for the course with Pat's case it seems.

Prayers to the family.

Trial delayed! It is frustrating for me and I can only imagine how Rita and the rest of family are feeling.

Here is an article from the Hiawatha World that is a little more in depth.

http://www.hiawathaworldonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=21&ArticleID=5056

Thank you for this new article, Mr. Kimmi.

It says in the article that the original trial date (November 30th) will be used to address pre-trial motions, so I will be sure to keep the date marked on my calendar.

~~~~Snipped (Bolded by me)

Judge Asher reserved a two-week block for the trial in February. He advised the attorneys that the initial trial date would instead accommodate additional pre-trial motions. He also said he was aware that both parties were well involved in the case before the charges were filed in June. He indicated that the new date should allow all to get locked in. He advised the attorneys not to let any problems linger.

God bless all of the Kimmi family as we approach yet another holiday season without their beloved Pat in their midst. While she may not be there in person, she will surely be there in spirit.

She would be so proud of all of you for the grace, dignity and strength that you have shown throughout this horrific ordeal. You watched her, you listened to her, you learned from her, and you live your lives as you believe she would want. No greater gift could be given to a mother - love and goodness personified.

I know that all of these delays must be so difficult for all of you. I will continue to keep you all in my daily prayers.

I have been deeply touched by all of you as you have walked this frightening and heart-wrenchingly sad path that was laid at your feet. Along with all the people who know you personally, break bread with you regularly, greet you at the grocery store, or pass you on the street, there are many, many people you have never met who truly and deeply care about you. I hope that you know that we are all right beside you as we await justice to be doled out on Pat's behalf.

In a nutshell, you are not alone, Kimmi family.

This article is wrong. He must serve 48 hours before he is eligible for the work release. He will then be on work release for the remainder of the 90 days that he has to serve. Unless he is not the angel his lawyer tried to make him out to be, and he would happen to fall off the wagon while on "work" release or be late returning to jail.

so we must watch for "fallen angels"??? LOL. I'd like to step up to the bar and buy him his first .... glass of tea??????

I hope so too. Maybe the judge will take into account that if EK doesn't show up, he must not want it that badly. Hope your judge sees through the BS.

Also, I had a weird thought. Has anyone heard how EK is being treated in the community? Since he hasn't been charged, i'm thinking a good, old fashioned shunning is in order, in the very least. People should me making it very hard for him to get along if he's not in jail. (maybe i'm just hateful, but if i was a business person, i would definitely use my "we reserve the right to refuse service" policy in his case.)

Hmmm, never thought of that angle...can not the bartenders refuse to serve and then.....call the cops...or serve him and call the cops?

Just saw the trial has been delayed (on tv news)...'cause attorney has been too busy with other cases'???? so sorry to hear this...

I wanted to post a "thanks" to this, but it seemed inappropriate! Maybe E should get a new lawyer who really cares enough to do his job.....or....maybe not! LOL LOL

Many Prayers. Hang in there.
I know the waiting is hard. I do.
Dsn

(((((((((Kimmi Family!)))))))))))))

well, well, well..... Ro~freaking~Ho will start his trial 2 days before my birthday.
((and I know now what I want for my birthday gift!))

Let's bump this up to the top. Kimmi family, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Hmmm, never thought of that angle...can not the bartenders refuse to serve and then.....call the cops...or serve him and call the cops?

Any business owner can refuse service to whomever they like. and they can call the cops if he is drunk and driving and they are concerned. however, the bar could get in trouble for over-serving him if they do that. better for it to be another patron to call the law.

Praying for justice & peace for the Kimmi family this morning.

Bump!!!

Surely we're not going through another week with no new developments.

Just wanting to check in. I am sad to see that there is no news; but I am heartened by everyone's kind comments. I, too, check on Pat's thread often. I pray for her family every day. Just waiting for justice to be carried out.

The family of Pat Kimmi would like to invite family, friends, and the community to join us for a short prayer service on the one year anniversary of her abduction. We will meet in the field at 1595 326th Rd., Saturday, November 6, 2010, at 1:00 pm. We will walk west from there to the area where she was last seen. We would like to again say to all of you THANK YOU and may GOD BLESS YOU ALL for your prayers and support.

The family of Pat Kimmi would like to invite family, friends, and the community to join us for a short prayer service on the one year anniversary of her abduction. We will meet in the field at 1595 326th Rd., Saturday, November 6, 2010, at 1:00 pm. We will walk west from there to the area where she was last seen. We would like to again say to all of you THANK YOU and may GOD BLESS YOU ALL for your prayers and support.

And thank you for all you have given us; you will continue to be in our prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member