KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish I could be there this weekend! Thinking of you (((Kimmis))))!!!

Thinking of Pat and her friends & family who love her so much. :rose:

1 Year Later: Kimmi Family Remembers
---
Saturday, family and friends remembered the life of a woman believed to be the target of a contract killing.

Pat Kimmi's four children, and more than a dozen grandchildren, walked from Kimmi's home outside Horton, half a mile down the road, to the place she is believed to have died.
---

a bit more at
http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext-news/?nxd_id=171477

Continued prayers for Pat's family & friends...

bless all of you Kimmi's...

I hope the vigil went well and gave you all some well deserved peace.

Just quietly waiting for more to come, as it surely must ... and a quick bump up for our Pat.

Bumping for Pat and hoping Rita and Gene will find time to share details of Pat's vigil last weekend.

Bumping for Pat and hoping Rita and Gene will find time to share details of Pat's vigil last weekend.

We were very pleased with how it turned out. Tony had cleaned up and cut the grass along the road and we placed a large wooden cross there.

We all met at Mom's house and started our walk from there. All of us kids and our spouses carried a red rose and the grandchildren carried white roses. There were around 75 - 100 others who came to join us on the 1 year anniversary of Mom's abduction. They followed behind us as we walked down the road to the last place Mom was seen. The place where she put up such a fight and left the clues needed to solve this case.

When we all arrived at the cross by the side of the road, each family placed their roses in a vase at the base of the cross, followed by other family and friends who had brought flowers. Our priest, Father Earl, then had a short prayer service and had the grandchildren help spread Holy Water to bless the ground around the cross. Rita then read a poem and help the grandchildren read a few bible verses.

We closed by having the grandchildren release balloons to Ninny in Heaven.

Seeing all the people there and thinking of all the people who have helped in so many ways throughout this, leaves me amazed and overwhelmed. But when I think of Mom and the person she was, it is understandable. It is truly a testament to who she was.

This walk is something I have wanted to do for several months now. I will continue to make this walk every year wishing that I could have been with her on that night.

Here are a couple pictures of the cross and flowers.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 41
We were very pleased with how it turned out. Tony had cleaned up and cut the grass along the road and we placed a large wooden cross there.

We all met at Mom's house and started our walk from there. All of us kids and our spouses carried a red rose and the grandchildren carried white roses. There were around 75 - 100 others who came to join us on the 1 year anniversary of Mom's abduction. They followed behind us as we walked down the road to the last place Mom was seen. The place where she put up such a fight and left the clues needed to solve this case.

When we all arrived at the cross by the side of the road, each family placed their roses in a vase at the base of the cross, followed by other family and friends who had brought flowers. Our priest, Father Earl, then had a short prayer service and had the grandchildren help spread Holy Water to bless the ground around the cross. Rita then read a poem and help the grandchildren read a few bible verses.

We closed by having the grandchildren release balloons to Ninny in Heaven.

Seeing all the people there and thinking of all the people who have helped in so many ways throughout this, leaves me amazed and overwhelmed. But when I think of Mom and the person she was, it is understandable. It is truly a testament to who she was.

This walk is something I have wanted to do for several months now. I will continue to make this walk every year wishing that I could have been with her on that night.

Thank you so much, Gene. It sounds lovely and I hope it brought some measure of peace to your family. I'm sure many of us wish we could have been there with you all in person. We were there in spirit!

Take care and stay strong!

Bumping up for Ms. Patricia Kimmi & family. Hoping for more news soon.

doing the bump thang for Ms Pat and her family.

Thinking of you guys today and EVERY day.

Thinking of Patricia today, her family, her killer.

Knowing there is justice waiting.

Big bump. My very best to all of you this tough time of the year as families gather for the holidays.

happy Thanksgiving to the Kimmi family. You are always in my thoughts and prayers and I know that the holidays can be tough.... just know that you have so many prayers and loving thoughts surrounding you and lifting you up.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((kimmi's))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow