KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #7, New Arrest 3/12/13

I believe it began at 3:00 PM.

I've been thinking about Pat's family all day.

Here's the Hiawatha World story:

Hollister Gets Life For Murder of Pat Kimmi

Roger Hollister will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Patricia Kimmi.

Hollister, 59, of rural Sabetha, was sentenced to the mandatory sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole Monday afternoon in Atchison County District Court. A jury found him guilty of capital murder on March 1 after just a little more than three hours of deliberation, following six days of courtroom action in the trial.
---
thre rest at link above

Not that the sentence was a suprise to me but I felt myself let out a big breath of relief. Well we are half way there. EKs turn. God Bless Kimmie's!!!

Kimmi family,

I understand that it is no victory, that it is hollow, empty...

Justice?

I know it does not bring her back...

I know there are still others who may be prosecuted...

I'm sorry it's still so unresolved and not done, the criminal part/justice part over with so that it is done, just done...and over with, not to keep being reopened...the hurt...

More charges, hopefully convictions, bring... more pain, more emptiness.

I feel it. I am so sorry for your pain.

Empathy.

Hugs.

Peace and prayers,
Dsn

Very good article on Capital-Journal site this evening:

Kimmi family speaks at Hollister sentencing
---
"Let me speak to the evil that lives in you," [Rita] Boller said as she began reading a prepared statement.

Boller told Hollister that he ended Kimmi's life Nov. 6, 2009, but Kimmi didn't go down without a fight.

"In that same evening, she ruined all of your plans," Boller said. "She fought back."

Boller remained calm until Hollister appeared to avoid her gaze.

"She's in heaven and you have one foot in hell," Boller said with a raised voice as she pointed her finger at Hollister. "Can you hear me?"
---

the whole thing's well worth reading, much more at link above: great job Rita & Gene, and Pat's friend Sharon, and Pat's brother Michael

Very good article on Capital-Journal site this evening:

Kimmi family speaks at Hollister sentencing

the whole thing's well worth reading, much more at link above: great job Rita & Gene, and Pat's friend Sharon, and Pat's brother Michael

God bless your sweet souls, Rita and Gene. I'm sincerely so, so sorry for your loss and for the fact that you all have had to go through this. There is NO doubt in my mind that your Mother would be so very proud of all of you.

NEXT!!! I hope EK is shaking in his miserable boots!

I have to say, it REALLY angers me that he was allowed to take out his hearing aids.

Kimmi family~ I am so glad you were finally able to speak out against this monster. I have admired your composure and restraint and patience and I bet it felt good to finally say what you were thinking/feeling at the sentencing. Continued prayers for justice to come and peace for all of you.

I don't know how Rita and Gene kept from going across the courtroom and punching RoHo in the mouth!
What a piece of work he is!! He should have been forced or required to wear his glasses AND hearing aids! What a CHICKEN-SH#T of a man he is to not have the guts to listen to the family! :loser::maddening::puke:

Rita, Gene, family and friends -- My prayers continue to be with you. Your strength is amazing. :praying:

From the Hiawatha World:

Hollister Pleads Out of Attempted Murder Charge (w/video)
---
[Brown County Attorney Kevin] Hill said he was willing to offer the plea agreement because law enforcement investigating the case and the Kimmi family supported the terms of the agreement.

Additionally, Hill said Rebecca Hollister had become increasingly uncooperative and said her attorney had indicated that Rebecca would invoke the fifth amendment if called to testify.

"I've never had a less cooperative victim in the month leading up to the trial," Hill said.
---
Who's surprised. Jeesh. Speaks volumes.

I agree!! The judge should have ordered him to put them in!

Indeed. WTH is the value of an impact statement if the person responsible for the impact CAN'T HEAR IT???

Jeez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back