KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #7, New Arrest 3/12/13

Hollister Trial: Guilty
The verdict is in.

After just a week of courtroom action, and only two and a half hours of deliberation, the jury entered a guilty verdict in the Atchison County murder case of Roger Hollister, charged with the Nov. 2009 murder of Patricia Kimmi, of rural Horton.

Jurors took very little time to side with the prosecution's position that Hollister was responsible for Kimmi's death, despite the fact that both sides invoked suspicion of her ex-husband Eugene Kimmi throughout the trial. In his closing argument, Atchison County Attorney tacitly mentioned Eugene Kimmi's possible involvement in the crime, saying, "his day is coming; it's not today." Notably, Eugene Kimmi has not been charged with any crime in connection with his ex-wife's disappearance.

more here:
http://www.hiawathaworldonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=21&ArticleID=5701&TM=62124.32

kq2lourin: Hollister guilty of capital murder. #fb
half a minute ago via TweetDeck

YAY!!!

The beginning of Justice for Pat.

Now, on to the other party involved in this horrendous crime!

I wrote the following back in June:

In testimony given at the attempted murder hearing, a statement indicated that RoHo "wore a wire" presumably in an effort to obtain evidence incriminating a co-conspirator and possibly be rewarded with a lesser charge. It appears he was unsuccessful and as a result the prosecution has no proof of a contract other than RoHo admitting to being hired. This established RoHo's motive for the prosecution but the burden of proof was then on RoHo to prove that a conspiracy was in place. The word of a suspected killer looking to avoid the death penalty is poor evidence at trial. As a result, it appears that the prosecution can use this admitted motive against RoHo but they so far lack any additional evidence against co-conspirators.

We'll see how this unfolds at trial, but it looks like law enforcement provided RoHo with enough rope to hang several people but he ended up only hanging himself.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5263454&postcount=68"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5263454&postcount=68[/ame]

So, the capital murder conviction must reflect this evidence that was likely introduced at some point during the trial (and that I missed). I think my statement still holds true that the prosecution has no evidence for what I called "co-conspirators" at the time. They need more evidence to support even an arrest warrant for EK. RoHo's conviction does not add to that evidence.

Exhaling a breath I didn't know I was holding. Wow. Thank you Jury. May he spend the rest of his natural life deprived of any creature comforts and locked with his memories of his part of the loss of a wonderful innnocent woman to keep him company.

NEXT!

Exhaling a breath I didn't know I was holding. Wow. Thank you Jury. NEXT!

I know just what you mean pony, I feel like a balloon who's air was released flying all over the room making all kinds of noise. I wasn't expecting such a strong reaction. I'm still new to this faith thing so I wasn't sure this day would ever come.

If there's anything I've learned the past year and a half is Faith goes a long way. It's an important lesson and one I can thank Pat and her kids for teaching me.
:great: :skip:

I believe there was testimony somewhere deep within the extensive Herald blog coverage that no large sums were transferred from EK to RoHo and the only large sum transferred from RoHo to a third party was confirmed to be the purchase of a tractor.

While that Sabetha Herald blog coverage was superior to any other new reporting, it was hard work to read!

Yes, "son" I agree that it was hard reading, but I could get the jist if I used my imagination with words!
So glad that the verdict is guilty for RoHo, but I still have questions about the CD. If it was cashed, literally, there could be a cream can full of bills somewhere.

Just saw Rita on the local news...All I can say is What a classy lady she is...Her momma would be so proud!!!

I read where he traded the dually off but then he bought it back. Was asking for $10k for the truck per DJ but was there $10k removed from any accounts to cover that? I would not be surprised of these guys having some large amounts of cash stashed away for a rainy day. Hard to track money changing hands when it does not leave an account.

Edit I just went to AmandaReckonwith's photobuckets and seen where the dealership says they undid the deal in the trade. But Didn't ReHo state she seen him in the Silver Truck with the red truck in the ditch?

I remember seeing a dirty silver-looking truck being loaded on a large truck at the Hollister farm during one of the searches there last winter -- 2009 or early 2010(snow on the ground.) Maybe the dealer still sold the silver truck to him -- or maybe he had another truck at home that was silver.

I know just what you mean pony, I feel like a balloon who's air was released flying all over the room making all kinds of noise. I wasn't expecting such a strong reaction. I'm still new to this faith thing so I wasn't sure this day would ever come.

If there's anything I've learned the past year and a half is Faith goes a long way. It's an important lesson and one I can thank Pat and her kids for teaching me.
:great: :skip:

lynejo:

Sometimes....Faith is all one has. You just have to believe and hold on to it. :seeya:

Blessings to you and the Kimmi Family,

I'm sending prayers to the Kimmi kids and families also. I'm hoping that you all feel a great weight has been lifted from you. I also know that Pat's case is not over, so continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

I wrote the following back in June:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5263454&postcount=68

So, the capital murder conviction must reflect this evidence that was likely introduced at some point during the trial (and that I missed). I think my statement still holds true that the prosecution has no evidence for what I called "co-conspirators" at the time. They need more evidence to support even an arrest warrant for EK. RoHo's conviction does not add to that evidence.

This has me totally befuddled! Now that the evidence against Hollister has been revealed, I just cannot imagine what more they would need to arrest EK. He's been found guilty of capital murder, which implies there was a conspiracy, yes? With whom do they suppose he conspired if not EK? Surely they don't believe he took it upon himself to rid EK of his "burden" and settle up after the fact?

I hope they test that glove they found at the sawmill now. If it's not too late.

Sending the Kimmi family lots of :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss: tonight. One down, one to go!

One Word - How can ONE WORD make such a difference!!!??? I will never forget as long as I live - how I felt when I got this one word text this afternoon from my sister:

GUILTY

Tears of Joy, Relief, Amazement that Wow! It really worked out how it was supposed to! PTL!! Thank You Jesus!

God Bless your families Rita, Gene, Tony, and David. And your extended family, dear friends, law enforcement who worked so hard for these many long months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back