Found Deceased KS - Tanya Eshbaugh, 37, Cawker City, 26 Nov 2018 *missing during Blizzard*

flute4peace

Reaction score
Kansas woman missing since car got stuck in blizzard

CAWKER CITY, Kan. (KAKE) -

Authorities in northern Kansas are asking for the public's help in finding a 37-year-old woman who's been missing since her car got stuck in a weekend blizzard.

The Mitchell County Sheriff's Office posted a flyer to its Facebook page just after midnight Tuesday. It says Tanya Eshbaugh went missing from Cawker City on Sunday. Her car was found Monday on Highway 24 at mile post 204 in Mitchell County.

The flyer says Eshbaugh was supposed to report for work on Monday but called in to say she wasn't going to make it due to the weather. She said she was turning around to go home.

"It is believed that after getting her vehicle stuck in the ditch due to blizzard conditions that she exited the vehicle and her direction of travel is unknown," the flyer from Kansas Missing & Unsolved says.

Eshbaugh is white, stands 5-foot-3 and weighs 170 pounds. She has red and purple hair and blue eyes. She may be wearing a red, black and white Nebraska Cornhuskers jacket.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Mitchell County Sheriff's Office at (785) 738-3523.

46920213_2315868185325410_2963318844858302464_n.jpg

The sheriff's office says she was supported to report to work but did not show up. Her job said she called on Sunday, around 5 a.m. to say she was not going to make it in that morning due to the weather and was turning around to go home.

The sheriff's office says it's believed that after getting her vehicle stuck in the ditch due to blizzard conditions, Eshbaugh left her vehicle. It's unknown where she went from there.
UPDATE: Kansas woman missing in Sunday's blizzard found dead

She must have had a cellphone, since it says she called work at 5 am and said she wasn't coming in, that she was going to turn around and go home. Then she got stuck in the snow. Maybe at that ime in the morning, she didn't have anyone to call to come pick her up, or maybe knew a place that was close enough she thought she could walk to.

I wonder if she'd tried calling 911 to let someone know she was stuck. I wish she had stayed in her vehicle. That's the advice you hear from survival experts. Even if she'd run out of gas, she would've been protected from the elements. I believe 2Hope4 is correct that Tanya thought she was near somewhere safe and thought she could make it. Unfortunately, people underestimate the power of the snow, cold and wind. I recall two teenagers several years ago who were stranded a mile from their home (or the school bus stop?) in a snowstorm and never made it. I don't remember their names; I believe it was in Idaho or Montana. All very sad. May Tanya Rest in Peace and be with the angels now.:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back