Identified! KY - 5 Bodies Found in Submerged Car, Jan 2008 - Johnson family

I just now saw this story on a site called nyk/ the enquirer and looked here on Websleuths to see if it was here.

I was deeply saddened by this and the photo of the family looked so sweet and loving.

Then I read on and I felt it was so unnecessary for the article to mention the dad had been in jail before and the mom was once a topless dancer. Why did they have to put that in there? I was bothered by that.

Poor little family all lost their lives together. I feel in reporting the story they could have left those comments out.

I think they should be remembered for things like this:

A couple of days before the break, Glenn Johnson asked Kelly (his son Sevin's teacher) if there were any children who couldn't afford to bring a gift for the school's gift exchange.
Glenn Johnson, his wife and their two girls brought gifts for the five students whose parents couldn't afford it - and food.
"He showed up with two giant pizzas," Kelly said. "It was so much we couldn't eat it all. We ended up giving one to another classroom."

"The couple dreamed of setting up a catering business or maybe a restaurant"

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008801200340

i never did understand either,, what happens the moment someone in a car plunges into the water. does the shock of it just paralyze you?? i would imagine so,, and especially if the water were ice cold. and, ironically.. i bet having your seat belt on is what actually kills you.

This article says that "the car was traveling at a slow speed when it went into the creek, but the front windshield still shattered.
... it is likely that the car instantly flooded with ice-cold water"

I think they should be remembered for things like this:

A couple of days before the break, Glenn Johnson asked Kelly (his son Sevin's teacher) if there were any children who couldn't afford to bring a gift for the school's gift exchange.
Glenn Johnson, his wife and their two girls brought gifts for the five students whose parents couldn't afford it - and food.
"He showed up with two giant pizzas," Kelly said. "It was so much we couldn't eat it all. We ended up giving one to another classroom."

"The couple dreamed of setting up a catering business or maybe a restaurant"

Thanks for posting the link to this story.

That this happened to them is so sad and tragic. It's just heartbreaking.

so infinitely sad. why does this always have to happen to the good ones.....???

and WHY were there NO GUARDRAILS on the edge of the road, right at the spot where a BEND in the road goes straight into a deep river.....?????
and it's a STATE highway. just a perfect example of how bankrupt our country is becoming. gotta spend BILLIONS on a stupid war..... but we're letting our own infastructure go to h*ll in a handbasket. A simple guardrail and some reflectors or a CAUTION sign or SOMETHING would have saved this family.
(my apologies if there WAS a guardrail that got broken off by the car.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back