Found Safe KY - Amber Renae Wagers, 15, Berea, 25 Apr 2018

why does mr. Reed sound so nonchalant about this or is it just me? Yes she's a kid. With someone no one seems to know possibly out of state by now. But we'll just ask her some questions when we find her. No biggie. Aacckk! The world is s dangerous place for young women imo and i am very anxious about her safety. There was a case here last year about a young girl that went to meet a young man as soon as her parents went on a trip. Next thing we knew, his mother helped him take her across state lines. Luckily she got home safe but it is just too scary. And I'm sorry but human trafficking is very real and happens everywhere. Ok. I'll stop now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

No one knows more than a 15 year old girl. No one...sigh!

Could they use the message the friend received as a backdoor in to Amber's phone?

I know this girl's family very well and this small town is where I actually live. If you all have any questions about the town, surrounding area, Berea Community School (its setup is a little different from most schools in that there aren't walled classrooms), or the general culture and feel of the town then I can probably answer them.

I know this girl's family very well and this small town is where I actually live. If you all have any questions about the town, surrounding area, Berea Community School (its setup is a little different from most schools in that there aren't walled classrooms), or the general culture and feel of the town then I can probably answer them.

Thanks, mtnlites for your kind offer to help us.

I get the feeling from the link by Gardener1850 that local LE do not sound as worried as the situation would appear to warrant. I agree with tlorik about that. Lt. Reed comes across as very nonchalant.

I wonder if he's just holding his cards close to the vest to keep the perp off-guard, or whether it is an indication they really are very close to locating Amber.

From the link too that Gardener1850 provided, the girl's mother said she thought Amber had known this guy for several years. That article also states her friends were still receiving texts and snapchats from her number this morning. It doesn't indicate the nature of those later texts though, except that they didn't know if they were actually coming from Amber.

If you feel comfortable sharing your opinion, I would be very interested in your take on all this. If you don't feel like you can share it though, ( because you can't source your information ) then that would be understandable.

Any information you can share though would be very appreciated...

( By the way, good to 'see' you again! )

JMO

I get the feeling from the link by Gardener1850 that local LE do not sound as worried as the situation would appear to warrant. I agree with tlorik about that. Lt. Reed comes across as very nonchalant.

I wonder if he's just holding his cards close to the vest to keep the perp off-guard, or whether it is an indication they really are very close to locating Amber.

From the link too that Gardener1850 provided, the girl's mother said she thought Amber had known this guy for several years. That article also states her friends were still receiving texts and snapchats from her number this morning. It doesn't indicate the nature of those later texts though, except that they didn't know if they were actually coming from Amber.

If you feel comfortable sharing your opinion, I would be very interested in your take on all this. If you don't feel like you can share it though, ( because you can't source your information ) then that would be understandable.

JMO

It's hard to say. Local gossip is saying that LE is playing it close to the vest, as you said. However, many people (MANY people) are frustrated with the lack of urgency that LE seems to have. This is, after all, the same town in which Brookelyn Farthing disappeared (also after texting a friend that she was scared) and that story has been all but dropped, even though she was undoubtedly murdered and most people have a good idea as to who did it. (You don't need to be local to figure out who was at least partly responsible.)

The people who work at Berea Community that I know are pretty overwrought and they feel guilty. We have LOTS of things in place for protecting our little ones at school. I pick up my daughter from school and they'll only bring the kids out two at a time. Doors are fitted with alarms and front doors remain locked at all times. You have to be "buzzed" in to get inside and then you can't get any further than the front office unless you were invited there or have official business. Nobody is allowed to pick up your child unless they're on your approved list. If you need to change this at the last minute, and have someone NOT on the list pick up your child, then you have to do it in writing. You can't just call the school and say, "Fred's getting Amy today."

All of these safety things were issued after the Newtown shooting. That's for our elementary schools. VERY few things in place for the older students. That she was able to go right out the door and get into a car with someone nobody knew is not surprising.

I just woke up and haven't had a lot of time to make my rounds just yet. I'll see what I can find out, see if I can bring anyone over here. It's a weird situation though-kind of a combination of "oh no, this is terrible, she's in great danger and she MUST be found" and "eh, it will be fine."

It's hard to say. Local gossip is saying that LE is playing it close to the vest, as you said. However, many people (MANY people) are frustrated with the lack of urgency that LE seems to have. This is, after all, the same town in which Brookelyn Farthing disappeared (also after texting a friend that she was scared) and that story has been all but dropped, even though she was undoubtedly murdered and most people have a good idea as to who did it. (You don't need to be local to figure out who was at least partly responsible.)

The people who work at Berea Community that I know are pretty overwrought and they feel guilty. We have LOTS of things in place for protecting our little ones at school. I pick up my daughter from school and they'll only bring the kids out two at a time. Doors are fitted with alarms and front doors remain locked at all times. You have to be "buzzed" in to get inside and then you can't get any further than the front office unless you were invited there or have official business. Nobody is allowed to pick up your child unless they're on your approved list. If you need to change this at the last minute, and have someone NOT on the list pick up your child, then you have to do it in writing. You can't just call the school and say, "Fred's getting Amy today."

All of these safety things were issued after the Newtown shooting. That's for our elementary schools. VERY few things in place for the older students. That she was able to go right out the door and get into a car with someone nobody knew is not surprising.

I just woke up and haven't had a lot of time to make my rounds just yet. I'll see what I can find out, see if I can bring anyone over here. It's a weird situation though-kind of a combination of "oh no, this is terrible, she's in great danger and she MUST be found" and "eh, it will be fine."

Thank you so much for this! Very enlightening. I really appreciate you filling us in on the local talk, as well as the school situation. So the restrictions are only for the elementary children?

Wonder if that will change? Hard to imagine any parent being okay with their children leaving school without being made aware of that fact, regardless of their age.

I'm hopeful Amber told at least one friend something about this guy before he took her. This is so frightening. Really concerned and praying for her safe return!

Thanks again for keeping your ear to the ground there...

JMO

JMO

If this is true (which I dearly hope it is) then that means that LE *IS* tracking the phone and know where they are headed. They may even know who she is with. As soon as they reach their destination, then LE will move in.

Thank goodness!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

thank goodness! So grateful for good news.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

http://www.lex18.com/story/38056472/berea-teen-found-safe-in-louisville

This link has a bit more information, but seems to create more questions instead of answers.

Paraphrasing, the family is relieved she's been found, but say they've not yet been allowed to see her.

The article also states her phone pinged in Michigan, but she was found walking down a street in Louisville. Also her mom said she was taken to a hospital to be checked, and is now being questioned by the FBI.

According to the police, Amber is okay but they aren't releasing any more details.

Sounds like this situation isn't simple at all, but more complex with several layers to be peeled back and sorted through...

JMO

http://www.lex18.com/story/38056472/berea-teen-found-safe-in-louisville

This link has a bit more information, but seems to create more questions instead of answers.

Paraphrasing, the family is relieved she's been found, but say they've not yet been allowed to see her.

The article also states her phone pinged in Michigan, but she was found walking down a street in Louisville. Also her mom said she was taken to a hospital to be checked, and is now being questioned by the FBI.

According to the police, Amber is okay but they aren't releasing any more details.

Sounds like this situation isn't simple at all, but more complex with several layers to be peeled back and sorted through...

JMO
Agree. The mom seemed detached and unaware of her actions IMO. If the girl was in touch with some unknown male for 3-4 years then 11 years old?
Mom also lists her status as engaged.
So where is the family unit?
Another disassociated situation IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads