KY - Amber Spradlin, 39, stabbed 11 times, Prestonsburg, June 17 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Nancy19XX

Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted yet and my cousin who lives in the area brought it to my attention. They asked to help get the word out, so let's help get justice for Amber!

As of today, August 27th, 2923, it does not appear an arrest has been made.

Unsolved murder of Kentucky woman stabbed 11 times leaves family shaken

(WHAS) - FLOYD COUNTY, Ky. — Family, attorneys and community members from the small community of Prestonsburg, Kentucky, gathered on the courthouse steps Thursday to expose what they know about a brutal killing, now going 10 days unsolved.

According to Kentucky State Police, 38-year-old Amber Spradlin was found dead in a home on Arkansas Creek, on June 18. The incident that led to her death is believed to have happened overnight, on June 17.

There’s a monster out there’: Family focused on finding justice for Floyd County murder victim

PRESTONSBURG, Ky. (WYMT) - When looking into the 9-1-1 calls Amber Spradlin is believed to have placed on the night of her death, her cousin Debbie Hall is left wondering who dropped the call.
Hall said it may not have been a murder investigation if emergency response services were sufficient.

Williams said, between around 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., there are no police officers to respond to calls in the county.

I appreciate the articles and @Nancy19XX for posting them however there seems to be little about this murder or the victim and a whole bunch about what a mess that she has to depend on. I live in a small SC county that has had shortages in police/fire but always made sure it was covered. It really says that thru the middle of the night “THERE ARE NO COPS”. There just has to be a sheriff, county super, or somebody to answer for this.

We're in that general neck of the woods, and sometime back the county next to us went without deputies at all for a period of time. Meigs on verge of becoming one-cop county This is the only article I could find quickly about it- in the end the sheriff told residents that they would have to arm themselves as there was no one to do more than come and take a report. Where I'm going with that- in Appalachia it isn't at all unheard of to be without deputies, or to only have a very few on duty for a huge area, especially overnight. I'm honestly not surprised that emergency services dropped the ball, they likely truly didn't have enough bodies to work. I know it sounds absurd in the year of our Lord 2023, but here we are.

During the first 911 call, the lawsuit says Dr. Michael McKinney Senior got on the call to ensure that no emergency response was going to be sent to his house.

"They decided he said it was ok we don't need to go, so we think there is a little bit of unfairness there that he got some special treatment," Hall said .

A few hours later first responders went to the house and found Amber. She was pronounced dead at the scene.”

In the letter the Judge sent to the Office of State Prosecutions of the Attorney General's Office requesting a Spec Prosecutor, he stated five or more people were in the house.

1. Amber 2. Dr McKinney 3. Roy Kidd 4. MK McKinney [dentist's son who was also with the trio at the last stop which the McKinney's owned, The Seasons Inn] 5. ______
I can't find out what time the 1st 911 call was made but Dr. McKinney didn't call 911 to report Amber's death until 10am Sunday morning.

Floyd judge-exec requests special prosecutor in Amber Spradlin case - Mountain Top Media

Depositions in the civil case should prove to be interesting.
"The lawsuit asks for a trial by jury, financial compensation and any other relief to which the plaintiffs may be entitled."
Lawsuit filed in Amber Spradlin murder case

Her cousin, Dr. Debbie Hall, says 'time' has not helped heal her heart.

"It has not helped anything here - it has made it all worse," said Hall. "I think once we get some arrests we can start to heal and feel a little bit better."

For now, Kentucky State Police has not named anyone as a suspect. The family says they're waiting on DNA results.

Hall is still confident the person or persons responsible will be charged.

As LEX 18 has reported, there was a 911 call made from the home around 5:30 the morning of June 18th last year - before Spradlin's family believes she was killed. Hall says the call was about someone else injured and intoxicated at the home and that the owner told dispatchers the situation was under control. Police didn't respond.

Hall believes that was a fatal decision.

"I think it would have changed the course of events because we think Amber was still alive at the time of the call and was murdered not too long after that," said Hall in an interview with LEX 18 Tuesday.

Her cousin, Dr. Debbie Hall, says 'time' has not helped heal her heart.

"It has not helped anything here - it has made it all worse," said Hall. "I think once we get some arrests we can start to heal and feel a little bit better."

For now, Kentucky State Police has not named anyone as a suspect. The family says they're waiting on DNA results.

Hall is still confident the person or persons responsible will be charged.

As LEX 18 has reported, there was a 911 call made from the home around 5:30 the morning of June 18th last year - before Spradlin's family believes she was killed. Hall says the call was about someone else injured and intoxicated at the home and that the owner told dispatchers the situation was under control. Police didn't respond.

Hall believes that was a fatal decision.

"I think it would have changed the course of events because we think Amber was still alive at the time of the call and was murdered not too long after that," said Hall in an interview with LEX 18 Tuesday.
Thank you for posting this update for Amber.

About the 911 call made at 5:30am, I'm puzzled why Amber would still be at her boss's home at 5:30 in the morning and even later. When did she intend to go home and how? There were four people together at their last pub crawl: Amber, her boss, Dr. Mike McKinney, his son and Roy Kidd. They all went to the boss's home when the pub closed around 2am, right? Did everyone keep drinking alcohol for the next 3.5 hours or longer? What else were they doing all of that time and up until Amber was reported to 911?

Also, about her injuries, Amber suffered being stabbed eleven times in the head, neck, and throat. Does it sound like someone was standing over her while she was seated in order to stab her in the head when the attack began?

AUG 30, 2023
Spradlin’s cousin Dr. Debbie Hall has been able to listen to that 9-1-1 call.

"The phone call was not about Amber and it was not made by Amber,” Hall said. “But it was still information in the phone call that I feel like had it been anywhere else, there would have been a response, someone would have at least made a welfare check."

Hall said that the call was about a man in the home who was drunk and was bleeding profusely, perhaps from a fall. < >, someone else can be heard taking the phone and saying that they had the situation under control. < >

“She fought,” Hall said. “She fought. This was not something that was just seconds and done. She fought.”

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back