KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to say this, but based on my experience as an addict in recovery her actions that night plus her appearance on the still shot of John Lordan's video scream meth user to me. I promise you I was able to hide my addiction from the people I loved (until it was so out of control I couldn't). Maybe this is a new addiction or not something she has gone full force into yet, but the erratic behavior and mainly her face are things I see working with people still in active addiction. I am hoping for her families sake she is in treatment somewhere. I know I had a mental breakdown at the end of my addiction and ended up in a crisis center for 7 days. No one knew where I was except my mom and husband and if she is having a mental crisis she may not want anyone knowing where she is.

MOO

It definitely sounded like she had come over still upset from earlier. Erin had mentioned not wanting to get in the middle but it sounded like she was still upset when she left. She had said something about telling her she should go home and get some sleep. She was pretty adamant about not arguing with her or kicking her out of her house that night. She was also pretty adamant about not wanting to be in the middle between the two of them bc she thought it would all blow over like most arguments do.

I don’t rly need to know what the argument was about, but I’m curious to know how heated it got. It sounds like Sarah knew that Andrea didn’t have a key to the house bc Erin mentioned calling over there so they’d let Andrea inside the house. I’m also curious to know if she actually spoke to anyone when she attempted to call them about Andrea coming back home.
I have never seen where Erin called Chickadee for them to let Sarah in. Is that in an article somewhere or a facebook post?

So, Erin is answering some questions in one of the SM groups. Someone on here asked a good question the other day about the timeline. It had been mentioned that Andrea had gone to Erin’s and been turned away that night. If you look at the timeline, it states that she was at Erin’s from 12a-138a. That’s a long time spent at Erin’s if she had just been turned away, as stated by the user on here who brought it up. Earlier, Erin said that Andrea came over that night and did come and hang inside with her for a while. Erin said she had to work the next morning and her kids were asleep so Andrea left to go back home. She also said she didn’t lock or kick her out of her house that night.
Then why not let her sleep on the sofa or something? Not tell her to walk back to a possibly locked house at 2am upset?

I'm not sure any of this information coming out from Erin actually clears things up. It kinda seems like TL's version and Erin's version don't really jive. If Andrea was still riled up when she left Erin's, then I have a hard time believing they just had a nice little chat. I'm guessing Erin wasn't too keen on her showing up and trying to get her involved or to side with her, especially at midnight with work the next morning. My guess is this wasn't the first argument between Andrea and Sarah and Erin was getting thrown into the mess whether she wanted to be or not. I don't fault Erin at all if she was fed up at that point and just wanted to go to bed and said as much.

I still want to know what kind of argument this was. I could totally see two sisters living together driving each other insane and getting into an argument over something petty that escalates into a formal grievance against the other over every single annoyance and aggravation in the recent and not so recent past. If Andrea was leaning on her family for assistance, it could have been causing some strain and that was the tipping point.
But Sarah and her bf were living in that house temporarily while doing a renovation - wonder if it was exterior or interior. And how long had they been living there. I would think a permit would be pulled for the work to be legal.
Andrea wasn’t working, perhaps she wanted to help with the renovation work to get some money?

From what Erin said Sarah did not see Andrea after she was taken to hospital. She was in bed when Andrea came back to the house. Doesn't sound like andrea being locked out was intentional.

why didn’t Andrea have a key? If she didn’t have a key, it’s likely her sister knew that, so why would she lock the door and go to bed, knowing her sister wasn’t home yet and had no way to get in the house? I find it hard to believe that Andrea being locked out was unintentional. Jmo

Then why not let her sleep on the sofa or something? Not tell her to walk back to a possibly locked house at 2am upset?

I agree. My sister and I are super close, but our relationship can also be tumultuous. Regardless of the state of our relationship at the time, if she showed up at my house in the middle of the night and very clearly upset, I would tell her to stfu and go to bed in a guest room or on the couch if I couldn’t stay up and talk to her.

I am sorry to say this, but based on my experience as an addict in recovery her actions that night plus her appearance on the still shot of John Lordan's video scream meth user to me. I promise you I was able to hide my addiction from the people I loved (until it was so out of control I couldn't). Maybe this is a new addiction or not something she has gone full force into yet, but the erratic behavior and mainly her face are things I see working with people still in active addiction. I am hoping for her families sake she is in treatment somewhere. I know I had a mental breakdown at the end of my addiction and ended up in a crisis center for 7 days. No one knew where I was except my mom and husband and if she is having a mental crisis she may not want anyone knowing where she is.

MOO

Legally though, since there’s a MP report, the facility would have to confirm to LE that she’s there. LE would notify the family but wouldn’t have to disclose her location or anything like that if she didn’t want them to. If she were in a facility somewhere, it would most likely show up if she used insurance. There aren’t a lot of rehabs in the state that don’t require payment and identification verification.

From what Erin said Sarah did not see Andrea after she was taken to hospital. She was in bed when Andrea came back to the house. Doesn't sound like andrea being locked out was intentional.
So Sarah’s bf takes Andrea to the hospital. Did Andrea come back in the house after being brought home by the Lyft driver?
Going to the hospital that time of night is odd too unless it was a recent injury? IDK

I thought Andrea and Sarah argued after she got back from the hospital? I’m having trouble keeping the facts straight.

So Sarah’s bf takes Andrea to the hospital. Did Andrea come back in the house after being brought home by the Lyft driver?
Going to the hospital that time of night is odd too unless it was a recent injury? IDK

I thought Andrea and Sarah argued after she got back from the hospital? I’m having trouble keeping the facts straight.

BBM. You and everyone else following this case lol

I’m sure everyone that interacted with her that night was frustrated, and also probably very much regrets some of their decisions and interactions with her, as it most likely added to her intense mood and her decisions that night... what a nightmare for everyone involved. I too wonder if she had a downward spiral for some time and turned to substances as her relationships got harder and seemed to disintegrate along with so many other things going on. Please don’t read this as victim blaming whatsoever- I just get the feeling that she was somewhat out of control and desperate and in pain... putting her in an extremely vulnerable state. I’m very worried about her and also feeling like this case is slowing down.. I’m hopeful we can get locate her alive in the very near future! Sigh
Also, quick shoutout to @jULIA_bEE for being here constantly and consistently :D

I’m sure everyone that interacted with her that night was frustrated, and also probably very much regrets some of their decisions and interactions with her, as it most likely added to her intense mood and her decisions that night... what a nightmare for everyone involved. I too wonder if she had a downward spiral for some time and turned to substances as her relationships got harder and seemed to disintegrate along with so many other things going on. Please don’t read this as victim blaming whatsoever- I just get the feeling that she was somewhat out of control and desperate and in pain... putting her in an extremely vulnerable state. I’m very worried about her and also feeling like this case is slowing down.. I’m hopeful we can get locate her alive in the very near future! Sigh
Also, quick shoutout to @jULIA_bEE for being here constantly and consistently :D

Lol since I decided to go back to school, I stopped working full time so I have way too much free time. Honestly though- Andrea’s situation is rly sad to me for some reason. The ideal ending to this whole thing would be for her to be laying low somewhere.

A few of the last MP’s around Louisville were issued as operation return home alerts.
Given Andrea’s disposition that night, I wonder why they weren’t able to classify her disappearance as one.

I thought they argued after the hospital too, but now I'm wondering if they argued before the hospital and that's why Sarah's bf took her to the hospital instead. It doesn't explain why Andrea was still riled up hours later though or why she returned to mom's house after the hospital instead of going straight to Erin's. Was she locked out after the hospital visit and they wouldn't let her in? Was it normal for Andrea to be home every night at a certain hour or was it common for her to stay out late or be gone?

I agree. My sister and I are super close, but our relationship can also be tumultuous. Regardless of the state of our relationship at the time, if she showed up at my house in the middle of the night and very clearly upset, I would tell her to stfu and go to bed in a guest room or on the couch if I couldn’t stay up and talk to her.

This is what I don't understand. Erin could say nosy neighbors or sleeping kids, but Andrea had already been there 90 minutes that night, presumably without issue based on Erin saying there was no disagreement at her house. I don't understand why she couldn't say she had to go to bed for work, but let Andrea crash somewhere in the house. I think there's far more to the story around the time she was at Erin's, but I have a feeling it's not really relevant and would benefit no one to be upfront about it. But I also thought in the beginning, Erin was the one who implied there was an argument between the two and that's why she left at 1:30. I think I need to go reread everything from the beginning.

I thought they argued after the hospital too, but now I'm wondering if they argued before the hospital and that's why Sarah's bf took her to the hospital instead. It doesn't explain why Andrea was still riled up hours later though or why she returned to mom's house after the hospital instead of going straight to Erin's. Was she locked out after the hospital visit and they wouldn't let her in? Was it normal for Andrea to be home every night at a certain hour or was it common for her to stay out late or be gone?

According to Sarah’s account that Tracy Leonard gave on his vid, Sarah had not seen Andrea since before she went to the hospital. So, it sounds like the argument was prior. According to some comments Erin made last night, while Andrea was at her house, she called over to the house to ask them to let Andrea in. Whether anyone answered when she called- I don’t know. I’ve been wondering if maybe Ethan took her to mcd’s and the hospital, just to try and give them space from each other to cool off.

She made it sound like some things were said that definitely hurt her feelings. She also said that she loves both of her sisters and was trying not to take sides, especially since she thought it would all blow over. I get the feeling that Erin was trying to talk Andrea down and may have even been a little dismissive- she may not have even realized she was.

The family has stated that the hospital visit wasn’t caused by the argument between the sisters, but I’m not sure that’s something they would disclose even if it was. They maintain that it was for some type of infection on her face.

I don’t think Erin ever thought her sister was actually not going to let her back in the house. Andrea was probably mad too and it doesn’t sound like she tried to get a hold of Erin after she walked back to the moms. Instead, it sounds like she just tried to sleep in the broke down car at her moms. That’s rly sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member