KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the article, all the supposed sightings of her have turned up nothing.

And another article says that her family recently checked the storage locker that she rented and nothing was gone.

according to her family, the only indication that Andrea could still be alive is the K9 hit in south Indiana.

wdrb.com is where I found the 2nd article

I completely missed your post while I was copy/pasting.

I wonder how they know nothing was missing from her storage unit unless someone was in there taking inventory and going through it the day she disappeared? That just strikes me as odd.

Or someone attempted to withdraw money from her account.

Jmo
It’s not a simple thing to withdraw money early from ones 401k account. There are a bunch of forms to fill out plus it triggers a 10% automatic penalty by the IRS so the company in charge of the account makes one jump thru hoops to make said early withdrawal. I’m not saying it’s impossible but it doesn’t seem likely.

Women who are 36 are rarely sex trafficked. 11 to 14 years old is the average age range for the trafficked.

That is untrue. Especially if she knew some shady ppl and called for help to one of those ppl.
I know of several cases especially if you are in the circle of drugs. Cartels and gangs buy you. It's very known in the Louisville area. They don't care about age. If you want drugs well you have to pay up somehow.
Not saying that happened to Andrea but quite the possibility.

The story about the two people in an auto stalking Andrea sounds fishy and comes late to public disclosure.

An attempt or success in accessing Andrea's 401K suggests someone that knows Andrea has tried to access her money; or more hopefully Andrea is alive, needs money, and is laying low, not wanting family contact.

What was the 401k activity? An attempted withdrawal? Capital gains? Employer match? Automatic rebalance? Without more info, “401k activity” seems kind of insignificant to me. I handle my small company’s payroll and 401k, so I only know what I know. But I’m not sure what kind of 401k activity can’t be immediately figured out.

unfortunately, I don’t think Andrea is still alive. I give props to the PI for continuing to look into Andreas case, but I feel like a lot of things could be very easily answered. The info they’ve chose to withhold and then later release doesn’t sit well with me.

Perhaps the sister she was living with could fill in some blanks?

What was the 401k activity? An attempted withdrawal? Capital gains? Employer match? Automatic rebalance? Without more info, “401k activity” seems kind of insignificant to me. I handle my small company’s payroll and 401k, so I only know what I know. But I’m not sure what kind of 401k activity can’t be immediately figured out.

unfortunately, I don’t think Andrea is still alive. I give props to the PI for continuing to look into Andreas case, but I feel like a lot of things could be very easily answered. The info they’ve chose to withhold and then later release doesn’t sit well with me.

Perhaps the sister she was living with could fill in some blanks?

TL commented that he didn't think it was her trying to get to her 401k but more of a phishing attempt by someone that knows she's missing.

The story about the two people in an auto stalking Andrea sounds fishy and comes late to public disclosure.

An attempt or success in accessing Andrea's 401K suggests someone that knows Andrea has tried to access her money; or more hopefully Andrea is alive, needs money, and is laying low, not wanting family contact.

The car stalking incident just happened this past Wednesday...2 days ago.

TL commented that he didn't think it was her trying to get to her 401k but more of a phishing attempt by someone that knows she's missing.

IME they’d have to know at the very least, what institution her 401k was with. If not her actual account info. Who knows someone’s 401k info unless they are very, very close to the person?

What if statements from that account were mailed to Andrea? What if someone had that information plus her social security number and knew her birthdate.

You can access a lot of things with the correct birthdate and SS#.

Mailed statements would be a way to help gain access to the account info. Where were her statements being mailed to? This is easy info to uncover, which is why I am skeptical of the info the PI/family choose to release. Unless they are just trying to subtly put pressure on people that tried to access her 401k and have had access to her mailed statements.

Mailed statements would be a way to help gain access to the account info. Where were her statements being mailed to? This is easy info to uncover, which is why I am skeptical of the info the PI/family choose to release. Unless they are just trying to subtly put pressure on people that tried to access her 401k and have had access to her mailed statements.
Beneficiary?

IME they’d have to know at the very least, what institution her 401k was with. If not her actual account info. Who knows someone’s 401k info unless they are very, very close to the person?

True, but also everyone knows she worked at Humana and any other employment info can be found. If it was a phishing attempt by a hacker it wouldn't take very long to figure out that info.

Beneficiary?

The beneficiaries to my IRA don’t even know they are the beneficiaries, forget about knowing the institution. My husband obviously knows he’s the beneficiary to my 401k, but I don’t get mailed statements, and it’s not so simple to figure out where a 401k is held, especially if it’s from a former employer.

If a beneficiary tried to access her account, I think it’d be very easy to find out. Imo I think the 401k thing is yet another red herring.

True, but also everyone knows she worked at Humana and any other employment info can be found. If it was a phishing attempt by a hacker it wouldn't take very long to figure out that info.

you can know where I work, but not where my 401k is held. It’s not like her 401k was with the Bank of Humana.

I just think it would be very easy to figure out who tried to access her accounts, if anyone in fact did. I don’t see why anyone would try to hack into a 401k given the tax issues that come with withdrawing funds. It’s not like a checking account where you can withdraw money fraudulently if you have enough info and luck. Retirement accounts are a whole other ball game.

you can know where I work, but not where my 401k is held. It’s not like her 401k was with the Bank of Humana.

I just think it would be very easy to figure out who tried to access her accounts, if anyone in fact did. I don’t see why anyone would try to hack into a 401k given the tax issues that come with withdrawing funds. It’s not like a checking account where you can withdraw money fraudulently if you have enough info and luck. Retirement accounts are a whole other ball game.

I just looked it up.. Humana uses Charles Schwab.

You can obtain it fraudulently from someone’s account. And you might not keep up with the amount if you don’t get statements or know you can’t get it out for many years except for the six hardship reasons.
But a year or two later - the owner or recipient of that 401(k) account gets a nice letter from the Irs that tax money is owed for a withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike