GUILTY KY - Boni Frederick, 67, slain during child abduction, Henderson, 16 Oct 2006

Texana said:
That makes a lot more sense than sending out a grandma-aged woman with a baby, to a couple who've lost custody of their child!
I always thought these visits were in a nuetral place as well.
I mean certainly they were not getting unsupervised visits when they were about to lose parental rights!

No, police say that the everloving crap was beaten out of this poor woman. She died of massive head injuries.

It sounds as if the social worker was hit in the head with something that also caused lacerations. Hammer? hatchet? It's as likely that the mother hit her as it is the boyfriend. I agree that he's a "loser". Unfortunately, both the mother and the boyfriend sound as if they're in the society category of "loser".

Developmentally disabled and evil are not synonymous, and I would say this so-called mother (baby machine) and her boyfriend fall in both categories. Sounds like this poor child has had very little good happen to him in his short lifetime.

The mother, who is most likely developmentally disabled (mentally retarded), has probably been taken advantage of sexually for most of her adult life. The boyfriend, who is also most likely developmentally disabled, has probably also had very little good happen to him in his short lfetime. I think they are more desperate than evil.

The possibility of the baby being adopted and/or placed in a loving home for the remainder of his life is very slim.

A sad and losing proposition, all around.

LovelyPigeon said:
....The mother, who is most likely developmentally disabled (mentally retarded), has probably been taken advantage of sexually for most of her adult life. The boyfriend, who is also most likely developmentally disabled, has probably also had very little good happen to him in his short lfetime. I think they are more desperate than evil.

The possibility of the baby being adopted and/or placed in a loving home for the remainder of his life is very slim.

A sad and losing proposition, all around....
Terrific post. I agree 100%.

a couple who've lost custody of their child!

It's very unlikely that the current boyfriend is the father of Saige, since Lutrell was in prison from 2004 until June 2006.

Terrell would have been targeted by social services to lose her newborn to foster care, because of her developmentally disabled condition and her history of being unable to adequately care for a baby or child. That's how it should be IMO, since developmentally disabled mothers are not able to take care of a baby or raise a child without constant supervision and input from a capable, normal adult.

It's a tragic situation, made more tragic in this case by the violence that's killed an innocent social worker, but it's hardly an isolated or rare situation.

It was said on a news report that the reason the visit was done that way was because there are many rural areas in that state and it's just the way it's done. Not very safe at all.

LovelyPigeon said:

A sad and losing proposition, all around.

Apparently the mother had been told a few days before this happened that the baby would be adopted (I assume by the foster parents who have cared for him since he was a newborn).

From what I've been able to read, the mother was told that the baby would be put up for adoption. I can't assume that the foster parents were going to adopt, but only that the mother lost permanent custody to the state and the adoption process would be applied to Saige.

It's to be expected that disabled babies and children aren't likely to be sucessfully adopted. Sad, but true.

LE said on Greta that the social worker, 67 yo, was beaten with a blunt objected and stabbed with something sharp.

SewingDeb said:
A trace of the credit card used by the man showed it, too, belongs to the victim.
Hi SewingDeb,
It was said that a card being used is not one belonging to the victim.Authorities know who the card is issued to.
The card usage is being traced.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

LovelyPigeon said:
It's to be expected that disabled babies and children aren't likely to be sucessfully adopted. Sad, but true.
At this point it is more likely than finding him alive b/c every minute that goes by the more of a burden he will come. I feel if he isn't found soon they will kill him. I wonder if the foster family wanted to adopt him.

PITTSBURGH A Kentucky was social worker killed and the baby she was caring for was kidnapped.

KDKA has learned that the social worker was originally from Pittsburgh.

Barb Heinz watched in horror this week as the story of a Kentucky social worker slain after taking a boy into state custody for a visit to his mother's house.

Heinz realized that the murdered woman was her long-time friend - 67-year-old Bonnie Frederick.

Investigators now believe the mother - Rene Terrell - and her boyfriend - Christopher Latrell - were both at the house during the attack and are now on the run with the 10-month-old son.

Surveillance video shows the man getting out of Frederick's car and using her credit card.

“I want them caught and I want them punished somehow,” Heinz said.

The search continues at this hour for the mother, boyfriend and the little boy.

Police warn the couple is considered armed and dangerous.

I feel if he isn't found soon they will kill him.

I don't think they'll intentionally kill Saige, but he could die from neglect and/or maltreatment.

Becba said:
LE said on Greta that the social worker, 67 yo, was beaten with a blunt objected and stabbed with something sharp.
Just sickens me........
Hate to say if the Le doesn't catch these guys the baby will be mistreated...imo

Last spotted in Illinois...
Have to do some shopping today, I'll keep my eyes peeled.....
Anyone have the plate number handy?
675 is the number? Can't remember....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,222422,00.html
"Terrell has a history of abuse charges against children, including charges of assault and endangering the welfare of a minor, police said. The child had been taken from his mother when he was 13 days old because of neglect."

This horrible excuse for a mother need to be found soon. For Saige's safety and Boni Fredricks family deserves justice.

http://www.weht.com/Global/story.asp?S=5558603

From Channel 25 News, Evansville IN-Henderson-Ky about this story.

Both Baird and Allen say they fear for baby Saige's life.

"She said she would kill her baby and kill herself before they would take her baby," Baird said.

"If anybody takes that kid she will snap, she's that violent. She don't care who she hurts," Allen said.

It also says this woman has already had 4 children removed from her care and adopted by other families. Talk about a case of where mandatory sterilization is needed.

They haven't cuaght these two yet????

I am sorry but they are both of minimal intelligence are the police in Kentucky the same?

This baby was going to be adopted my guess is most likely by the foster parents who have had him for 10 months.

For them it must feel like their child has been abducted.
They must be worried out of their minds.
Its sad in a case like this that those parents are not treated like real parents.
I hope they have a good support system in place while they wait for the baby to be found.

Pharlap said:
Just sickens me........
Hate to say if the Le doesn't catch these guys the baby will be mistreated...imo

Last spotted in Illinois...
Have to do some shopping today, I'll keep my eyes peeled.....
Anyone have the plate number handy?
675 is the number? Can't remember....

It was described as a 2000 white Daewoo Nubira station wagon with Kentucky license plate 675-DRV.

Amraann said:
They haven't cuaght these two yet????

I am sorry but they are both of minimal intelligence are the police in Kentucky the same?

This baby was going to be adopted my guess is most likely by the foster parents who have had him for 10 months.

For them it must feel like their child has been abducted.
They must be worried out of their minds.
Its sad in a case like this that those parents are not treated like real parents.
I hope they have a good support system in place while they wait for the baby to be found.

I think they are traveling the back roads rather than the major highways (gas station was off the beaten path). They could be anywhere by now.

That one article said the foster parents are devastated. My heart goes out to them...they have raised him since birth.

Yeah, i guess having your 4th child taken away b/c you are a piece of poo is enough to sent you over the edge. YOU DON NOT DESERVE TO HAVE KIDS RENEE, GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL, YOU HAVE HAD 5 KIDS AND NONE OF THEM ARE IN YOUR CUSTODY THAT MEANS YOU ARE UNFIT. JEEZ
imo, the neighbors in the article should be charged as accesories since they knew they were planning this and never told authorities, if this child dies it is on their heads too along with Boni's death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back