KY KY - Boone Co, OH River, WhtFem 25-40, UP6710, Scar on Left Knee, Upper Dentures, Gold Ring W/Stones, May'80

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/931ufky.html

The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: May 26, 1980
Location of Discovery: Boone County, Kentucky
Estimated Date of Death: 1980
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 123 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown to black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: 3/4" horizontally-oriented scar on left knee.
Dentals: Complete set of upper dentures with twelve teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: None located.
Jewelry: White gold ring with three white stones across the top and one stone on the bottom worn on the left ring finger.
Additional Personal Items: None located.
Case History

Boater found the victim in the Ohio River near the 490 mile marker.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Boone County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Amy Burrows-Beckham
Agency Phone Number: 859-525-1150 or 502-852-5587

Agency Case Number: OC-60-80
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #6710
Former Hot Case Number: 2014
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6710
Female, White / Caucasian

Date Body Found: May 26, 1980
Location Found: Boone County, Kentucky
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40;
25-40
Estimated PMI: Days
Measured Height: 5' 2"
Measured Weight: 123 lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown/Black
Eye Color: Brown
Scar/mark:
3/4" horizontally-oriented scar on left knee
Clothing: Body was nude
Jewelry: Ring on the ring finger of the left hand.
"White gold with three white stones across the top and one stone on the bottom."

Circumstances of Recovery: Body found at 490 mile marker by boaters in the area.

1 Missing Person Exclusions

MP8385 Nadine Timm 11/16/1965 Will IL (removed from NamUs)

Brenda seems like a better possibility....especially given the date of disappearance, “sometime in...”. I’m always suspicious of those cases where the missing person’s vehicle was found at an airport. It almost seems like a red flag that points to a staged incident and either the person left willingly or someone responsible wanted to lead people to believe that were the case. JMO

Any thoughts on the ring? I’m having a hard time visualizing it, but could the description be unique?

Young to middle-aged woman, measured height, measured weight, not in the water long, complete set of upper dentures (12 teeth), dark hair & nude. Yet, she was wearing, presumably, a wedding ring.

I was just looking more into some of these, and I noticed our Doe was found close to an airport. Judith has the mystery airport element to her disappearance! Although still not much information and no mention of her wearing dentures. The more I look at her case though, the more I find she’s the better possibility over Brenda. (Also... is it me or does Brenda remind you of Walker County Jane Doe?!) And it looks like Judith has hair that’s closer to dark/black than Brenda’s.

Sorry, it sometimes takes me awhile to catch on to the obvious details lol

img

The Cincinnati Enquirer (Cincinnati, Ohio) - May 27, 1980

img

The Cincinnati Enquirer (Cincinnati, Ohio) - June 8, 1980

Perhaps Boone County Jane Doe is Connie Faye Gregory, missing from Hudson, Kentucky since January 23, 1980?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jane Doe is estimated at 5'2" and 123 lbs, while Connie Gregory is estimated at 5'0" and 120 lbs.

NamUs states that Connie Gregory was 30 years old at the time of her disappearance, while the Charley Project states that she was 21 years old. Jane Doe's age is estimated to be anywhere between 25-40 years old.

Jane Doe was found in the Ohio River in Boone County, Kentucky, while Connie Gregory disappeared from Hudson, Kentucky (though her vehicle was found in the parking lot of her workplace in Leitchfield, Kentucky). The drive from Leitchfield, KY, to the area where Jane Doe's body was discovered is about 2.5 - 3.5 hours.

Both Jane Doe and Connie Gregory have brown eyes and brown hair.

There's about a 4-month-long gap between Connie Gregory's disappearance and Jane Doe's discovery.

Perhaps Boone County Jane Doe is Connie Faye Gregory, missing from Hudson, Kentucky since January 23, 1980?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jane Doe is estimated at 5'2" and 123 lbs, while Connie Gregory is estimated at 5'0" and 120 lbs.

NamUs states that Connie Gregory was 30 years old at the time of her disappearance, while the Charley Project states that she was 21 years old. Jane Doe's age is estimated to be anywhere between 25-40 years old.

Jane Doe was found in the Ohio River in Boone County, Kentucky, while Connie Gregory disappeared from Hudson, Kentucky (though her vehicle was found in the parking lot of her workplace in Leitchfield, Kentucky). The drive from Leitchfield, KY, to the area where Jane Doe's body was discovered is about 2.5 - 3.5 hours.

Both Jane Doe and Connie Gregory have brown eyes and brown hair.

There's about a 4-month-long gap between Connie Gregory's disappearance and Jane Doe's discovery.
Very good possibility! I think it would be an easy ruleout or match based on the dentures. Definitely worth submitting! I’ll add her to the sheet (although I’m not sure anyone sees those possible matches :confused:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back