ú

KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by CatFancier, Jun 24, 2013.

1. JenniferTx

JenniferTx Well-Known Member

I would have thought someone would have come forward by now. Someone out there knows something and must be too scared to talk. One thing about people who murder others is that they can't keep their mouths shut and they always seem to share their bad deed(s) with at least one person.

2. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

Ive read lots of rummors about who everyone suspects but without evidence I guess they're at a standstill.

JenniferTx and Tarika like this.
  3. hawkeyefan51

hawkeyefan51 Well-Known Member

Agree completely..so sad..those involved have went on to live their lives, apparently without enough guilt to say something :mad::mad:

misgrn, JenniferTx, mks762 and 2 others like this.
  4. mtnlites

mtnlites Mystery Machine Driver

ID channel is doing a special on Brooke next week. I hope it helps. This is the case that brought me back to WS. I came here for the Jamison family and never thought I'd be on here for someone I knew. Since then, I've known several from the area who's been featured on WS. Brooke's is personal, though. She may have been 18 when she "disappeared" (let's cut to the chase, we know she's gone), but she'll always look like the little girl I knew her as. I worked with her in an after school setting and hadn't seen her in years when she disappeared. Because our farm was so close to one of the last places she was seen, though, it had to be checked. It still gets checked from time to time. I have dreamed about finding her throughout the years. I keep hoping someone will crack and talk. I honestly don't think they will until someone gets arrested for something else and tries to get a deal out of it.

ID To Air Special On Brookelyn Farthing Case Next Week

5. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I watched the documentary and I honestly can't understand how there is any mystery. The man obviously woke up, came out , raped and killed her and then burned the couch to destroy forensic evidence.

Can cadaver dogs smell a scent that has been burned?

Is he still living in the area? Does he have a prior record?

misgrn, mks762 and mtnlites like this.
  6. mtnlites

mtnlites Mystery Machine Driver

It hasn't been a mystery to any of us since it happened. It's pretty clear what happened. Everyone still lives here in the area.

Now that you've watched the special, it might become clearer why I have been so against the idea that Brookelyn's case and Savannah Spurlock's are connected. They're not. We know what happened to Brookelyn. The question is whether or not there will ever be an arrest.

Dogs were used, but I've never heard if they smelled anything. That couch sat outside in the elements before anything was tested on it. Cadaver dogs are great, but that may be beyond their level.

BlueLine, misgrn, Tarika and 4 others like this.
  7. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

UK based here. Just wanted you guys to know that I picked up a reference to Brooke on another thread and it took me to this one. Absolutely shocking that no charges were brought and this beast runs free, no doubt laughing all the way. Please keep referencing elsewhere to bring others on board, maybe we can somehow raise the profile and even apply pressure to have the case reopened.