KY KY - Crittenden, 50 Ft From Kenton Co Line, WhtFem 13-15, UP6711, Found Nude On Menefee Road, Long, Light Brown Hair, Apr'76

Same thing's the case a few months after your post...

But I've been going over the KSP website looking for and did find a "possibly related" cold case murder from the same year and a bit north of where this girl was found.

The girl was obviously identified, because they say they aren't naming her due to the "nature of assault." I'd only seen that term used for surviving rape victims and the like. Not murder victims. A name would kind of be helpful when you're trying to solve a long unsolved murder.
Her case went well beyond rape - to murder.
But at least the story of her murder is documented somewhere.

COLD CASE ON MURDER OF ANOTHER JUVENILE
Kentucky State Police
(website)
Odd the parents named her..
Carol Sue Klaber

Last edited by a moderator:
So she left home at 1:00 and came back at 3:00 with a guy her parents didn't know...
That was a Friday and I guess they were out of school for the summer. They're doing "year-round" school around here now, which really just means a shorter summer vacation and a few more couple-week breaks throughout the school year.

I wonder who the guy with the shoulder-length hair was. Someone she went to school with? Someone she had a first date with that night? It sounds like it was a "casual" acquaintance if anything since her parents didn't seem to really know him. And I seriously doubt her parents expected for this BS to happen to her. So if they're still around, looking through old yearbooks might not be helpful if they had no reason to really study the guy before she left with him.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but kids just "matured" differently back then. Hell, they did when I was in high school (late 90's). I feel so OLD.
Despite kids being so much more connected (social media, cellphones, etc) they're "babied" more now. I remember kids that were 10 or so babysitting littler kids without parents being concerned. It seems like many kids are "babysat" until they're old enough to drive these days. So there probably wasn't much of a reason for her parents to be concerned about her date (or ride or whoever the boy was).

Odd the parents named her..
Carol Sue Klaber
Thanks so much for posting that "Murder Walls" link. I had that bookmarked on my old computer, which basically "died" last year. So I don't have any bookmarks (or music or videos or anything else) that I had saved on my old computer.

And about the parents naming her... KSP's website (where I found what turned out to be Ms Klaber) isn't very "detailed," if that's even the right word.
I just started a thread on a UID found in a county bordering mine that I found there. I wonder why I bothered because there were basically NO details. A date and a county. That's it. No gender/race/age or basically anything. Just a "wooded area" in Marion County. I live in BFE Central Kentucky... EVERYWHERE's basically "a wooded area."
But it's not on DoeNet or NamUS or anywhere else that I could find, so I guess that's why there wasn't already a thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Case is now listed under 2019 Closed Cases - Located & Identified Persons

930UFKY, discovered on April 17, 1976 in Grant County, Kentucky, has been identified per NamUs in 2016. No further information is available.

I think detectives tentatively identified this UID as Lori Jean Lloyd in 2016 based on dental records but couldn’t confirm via DNA because she is buried in a potter’s grave. There is a group on FB where her sister explains the circumstances in detail. She states the match was missed for such a long time because of the incorrect age estimate listed for the UID. The match was made shortly after the death of Lori’s mother ❤️

Last edited:
In 2016, detectives tentatively identified this UID as Lori Jean Lloyd based on dental records but couldn’t confirm via DNA because she is buried in a potter’s grave. There is a group on FB where her sister explains the circumstances in detail. She states the match was missed for such a long time because of the incorrect age estimate listed for the UID. The match was made shortly after the death of Lori’s mother ❤️

Here’s the link to the post her sister made at the time. Thanks to @Gourami Watcher who first spotted this in 2016:

Joni Spencer

Lori's MP profiles are up at both DoeNetwork and Charley. Are we sure this is Lori? Or are they just being slow to update her case?

Missing Person / NamUs #MP5412
Lori Jean Lloyd, Female, White / Caucasian

Lori Jean Lloyd
Missing 2/11/1976
The Charley Project

Lori Jean Lloyd
Went Missing In Kettering Ohio in February 1976
National Missing Person Directory

2116DFOH - Lori Jean Lloyd
The Doe Network

These websites are still available. All four of them.
That (especially the NamUS one) leads me to believe that this UID has been identified - only not as Lori.

I'm not so sure about the third link since I haven't frequented that site very much, but I figured that someone would've alerted Meaghan (Charley Project) or DoeNetwork by now of a certain match. And NamUS seems to delete profiles the very second they hear of a match. But Lori's still on all four...

The UID is no longer on NamUS. If someone had MP/UID profiles there, wouldn't both definitely be deleted once an official match is made?

Last edited:
Identified!

The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Identified...Identified...Identified

Unidentified Female
  • Date of Discovery: April 17, 1976
  • Location of Discovery: Grant County, Kentucky
  • Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
  • State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
  • Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 20-30 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Hair Color: Light brown, long.
  • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Small breasted.

• Dentals: Available. Filling or crown present.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: Found near the body - a pair of shorts fastened with a safety pin.

• Jewelry: Unknown

• Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History
The victim's nude body was found lying on the ground at Menefee Road outside of Crittenden 50 feet from the Kenton County Line.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

• Agency Name: Grant County Coroner's Office
  • Agency Contact Person: Amy Burrows-Beckham
  • Agency Phone Number: 859-823-1881 or 502-852-5587

• Agency Case Number: OC-42-76
  • NCIC Case Number: N/A
  • Former Hot Case Number: 2061
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)

If she's still up on all of the previously noted websites, especially a working Nam Us page, it's more than more than likely that the girl in Grant County wasn't Lori Jean Lloyd. NamUs takes things down for ages just to change a height/weight....

ID'ed (as Lori) in 2016 with a NamUs profile (along with Charley Project and Doe Network ones) still accessible three years later????

Doenetwork confirms the remains were identified, so that's definite. But no name given, and it seems like it might not have been Lori. Might she have been matched to a different Kentucky case?

This appears to be the most recent information we have, posted by Lori's sister in 2016: Joni Spencer

Her post sounds like it was the Kentucky officials who were reluctant to confirm the identification.

Doenetwork confirms the remains were identified, so that's definite. But no name given, and it seems like it might not have been Lori. Might she have been matched to a different Kentucky case?

This appears to be the most recent information we have, posted by Lori's sister in 2016: Joni Spencer

Her post sounds like it was the Kentucky officials who were reluctant to confirm the identification.

Thanks Carbuff, that explains it. It seems like LE refuses to make the ID official without a DNA confirmation. But at the same time they don't know where she is buried in a field full of 70 UID so no attempt was even made to try to get DNA. That's just disgraceful IMHO that there are so many unidentified and not even their grave locations were marked with numbers/general coordinates. If only it was affordable to unearth ALL of the unidentified and take DNA for every single one. So many more missing cases might be solved. MOO. :(

Thanks Carbuff, that explains it. It seems like LE refuses to make the ID official without a DNA confirmation. But at the same time they don't know where she is buried in a field full of 70 UID so no attempt was even made to try to get DNA. That's just disgraceful IMHO that there are so many unidentified and not even their grave locations were marked with numbers/general coordinates. If only it was affordable to unearth ALL of the unidentified and take DNA for every single one. So many more missing cases might be solved. MOO. :(

Yeah, but it was the Kentucky LE who were initially unwilling to make it official--but the UID has been marked as identified from the Kentucky side. It's Lori's investigators who appearently still have her case alive.

It doesn't quite make sense.

Yeah, but it was the Kentucky LE who were initially unwilling to make it official--but the UID has been marked as identified from the Kentucky side. It's Lori's investigators who appearently still have her case alive.

It doesn't quite make sense.

I see what you are saying. But since Kentucky LE were the ones who were either unable to locate the remains or unwilling to even attempt an exhumation, it makes sense to me that Kentucky would rather declare it as solved than leave it up. If they keep the UID profile open they have to keep answering future inquiries for an UID that they cannot locate. So much easier for them to just declare it solved and sweep her under the rug. :mad::(

IMO Lori's family deserves to have her remains so they can have a proper memorial of her in the location of their choice (they want to bury her with her mom). But I'm not sure how any resolution could ever be reached if KY really can't locate the remains. It's all around frustrating and sad.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back