Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 089728B3-8356-4670-903D-27CDD9AD1C89.jpeg
    089728B3-8356-4670-903D-27CDD9AD1C89.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 15

October 25, 2022
WTVQ News Desk
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WTVQ) — Evidence found last week in connection to the Crystal Rogers case is being sent to the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia.

Rogers was last seen alive in Nelson County in 2015.

The FBI officially took over the case in 2020. Much of their focus last week was on the Houck family farm in Bardstown.

Brooks Houck, Rogers’s boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, is the prime suspect but he has never been arrested or charged.

While the FBI did not say what evidence was found, they did say: “We hope that the evidence collected will move our investigation one step closer to holding accountable the individual or individuals responsible for Crystal Rogers’s disappearance.”

Nov. 1, 2022

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- The only suspect named in the disappearance of Crystal Rogers is trying to open a day care in Bardstown.

Documents show Brooks Houck filed for a permit application on Aug. 17 with Nelson County Planning and Zoning on the former People's Church building he owns at 114 Wildcat Lane. He wants to change the building's use from church to day care.

However, the location sits across the street from the storage business owned by Rogers' mother, Sherry Ballard. She calls the day care plans "absurd and unusual" and believes it is no coincidence.

Nov. 1, 2022

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- The only suspect named in the disappearance of Crystal Rogers is trying to open a day care in Bardstown.

Documents show Brooks Houck filed for a permit application on Aug. 17 with Nelson County Planning and Zoning on the former People's Church building he owns at 114 Wildcat Lane. He wants to change the building's use from church to day care.

However, the location sits across the street from the storage business owned by Rogers' mother, Sherry Ballard. She calls the day care plans "absurd and unusual" and believes it is no coincidence.
A brazen intimidation tactic IMO. I worry for Sherry’s well being and safety. Surely no locals would send their kids to a business owned by Brooks. He has no class and can’t even pretend he does.

Nov. 1, 2022

Right across the street from Sherry Ballard's business?!? That is not a coincidence. He is sadistic and needs to be stopped.

DEC 5, 2022

Crystal Rogers

crystal_rogers.jpg

Crystal Rogers, a 35-year-old mother of five, was last seen on July 3, 2015, at the Bardstown, Kentucky home she shared with her boyfriend, Brooks Houck, and the couple's young son. Two days later, her unlocked Chevy Impala was found along Kentucky's Bluegrass Parkway with a flat tire and her belongings still inside. In October 2015, the Nelson County Sheriff officially named Brooks Houck a suspect in Crystal’s disappearance. Houck's brother, who worked as a Bardstown police officer, was terminated from the department after officials say he interfered with the investigation into the case. Danny L. Singleton, a longtime employee of Houck, was charged with 38 counts of perjury for lying to investigators under oath in December of 2015. No charges have been filed in connection with Crystal’s disappearance, but officials have said they believe Crystal is dead. In August 2020, the FBI took over as the lead agency in the investigation. More than 150 state and federal law enforcement officers arrived in Bardstown and executed new search warrants at several properties connected to Brooks Houck. In the summer of 2021, FBI agents began excavation efforts at a home in a subdivision built by Houck in Bardstown. In September 2021, the FBI announced in a tweet that it concluded those search efforts. According to the statement, several “items of interest” were sent to the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Virginia, but the FBI has remained silent on the details of their findings. In October 2022, FBI Louisville announced in a tweet that they were "conducting judicially authorized activity” at an address in Bardstown “in relation to the federal investigation into the disappearance of Crystal Rogers." They did not reveal what was uncovered during that investigation. The FBI urges those who may have information about the case to come forward. The FBI's Crystal Rogers Task Force website was created so people can share information regarding the case. There is a $25,000 reward for information that leads to Crystal’s whereabouts. If you have any information regarding Crystal’s case, please contact the FBI tip line at 1-800-CALL-FBI, CrystalRogersTaskForce.com/tips or visit www.crystalrogerstaskforce.com.

Nov. 1, 2022

Who would be (whatever) enough to leave their child in his care? Just, wow! He's got some nerve. I'll give him that.

"Kathy and Samantha Netherland, the mother and daughter tortured and killed in their Nelson County home, were not mentioned in the letter. When asked why not, the Attorney General's Office said they were not asked to intervene in the Netherlands case."

I suppose I'm being picky but I do find it interesting the Netherlands were not asked to be included?
Most of the locals, including myself, have never thought the Netherland case was involved with these cases.

Most of the locals, including myself, have never thought the Netherland case was involved with these cases.

I agree that the Netherland murders don't include the same basic common denominator (so to speak) as the other cases, so based on that I guess it's understandable.

I wonder if the new evidence that was recovered was being tested out of state by FBI. KY state crime lab only allows for 10 items to be processed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3