Still Missing KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #4 *arrest in 2023*

Oh, Steve Lawson got a call from his son, Joseph Lawson, on the night that Crystal "disappeared." His son, who had been driving Crystal's car on the Parkway -- for what reason Steve Lawson has no idea (oh, right) -- when he suddenly got a flat tire. What a coincidence. So Steve Lawson went out to the Parkway and picked up his son, Joseph. B.S.

Steve Lawson looks about as full of it as one can possibly look. A good "yes" man and an able co-conspirator, for sure.

Steve Lawson's attorney, Theodore Lavit, in a recent interview with WDRB News, said Lawson "expected to be arrested." Lavit also stated that Lawson was verbally offered immunity in the murder of Crystal. As interrogation progressed down through the last month, they were backing off of their agreement to give him immunity.

"He knows nothing about her death," Lavit said. "At no times has he indicated he harmed that girl."

His bond has been set at $500,000 cash. Lawson is scheduled to be arraigned on Dec. 21.

"I think it's an attempt by the commonwealth to screw in more pressure on my client, more pressure than what they've exerted this year, some of it in my presence, lot of pressure, lot of heat, lot of interrogation, heavy duty interrogating," he said. "I think this is an attempt to do even more."

That's my kinda'/sorta' summation of the report (with as much quoting as I could manage). I hope it's within 10% ;)

Thank you! Perfect! :)

brooks.jpg

Shay McAlister​

It appears Brooks Houck has been moved to the Oldham County Detention Center, booked in around 2 this afternoon. New mug shot below. No new charges listed. The Oldham County facility takes in inmates arrested by Kentucky State Police, FBI agents or the Oldham County Sheriff’s Department.

From the article:

"'My client, Steve Lawson, did what any father would do when his son called and said he had a flat tire, he went out there and picked him up.'"
"Lavit said he didn’t know why Joseph Lawson was driving the car or where he was taking it when it got the flat tire."

Not buying it.

From the article:

"'My client, Steve Lawson, did what any father would do when his son called and said he had a flat tire, he went out there and picked him up.'"
"Lavit said he didn’t know why Joseph Lawson was driving the car or where he was taking it when it got the flat tire."

Not buying it.
Agree, you're going to pick up your son in a remote area, driving someone else's car on the BRP, with a 'flat' and not ask one question? Oh, I don't know maybe "Son what are you doing driving Crystal's car? Why are you on the BRP? Where is Crystal? How'd you get the keys?"

Just to name a few. It seems idiotic to me that SL expects anyone to believe he didn't ask one question.

MOO

View attachment 467926

Shay McAlister​

It appears Brooks Houck has been moved to the Oldham County Detention Center, booked in around 2 this afternoon. New mug shot below. No new charges listed. The Oldham County facility takes in inmates arrested by Kentucky State Police, FBI agents or the Oldham County Sheriff’s Department.
That jailhouse canteen food has really packed the weight on BH, wow I barely recognized him.

MOO

Thursday, December 21st:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am ET) - KY – Crystal M. Rogers (35) (reported missing July 3, 2015; car (with flat tire) was found (July 5, 2015) on Bluegrass Parkway near mile marker 14 with keys in ignition & her belongings (phone & purse) in car, Bardstown). *Steven Eugene Lawson (48 @ time of crime/53) indicted, arrested & charged (12/7/23) with conspiracy to commit murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K Cash bond. He's currently incarcerated in Harrison County, IN.
Special prosecutor Shane Young. Defense attorney Theodore Lavit.
12/7/23 Update: Lawson was actually indicted on tampering with physical evidence in May, 2023, but the case was sealed, according to court records. Both the murder & tampering indictments were unsealed on Friday, 12/7/23. Lawson talked with Houck by phone the night after the disappearance of Crystal. Lawson was indicted, arrested & charged with conspiracy to commit murder, tampering with physical evidence & aiding or abetting one or more people in the facilitation of the crime. In jail in Harrison County, Indiana. Arraignment hearing on 12/21/23.
12/12/23 Update: Attorney Theodore Lavit for Steve Lawson claims Joseph Lawson drove Crystal Rogers’ car to the Bluegrass Parkway & fot a flat tire & his father Steve Lawson picked him up from there. The attorney for Steve Lawson said Lawson was verbally offered immunity by federal investigators.
*Brooks William Houck (33 @ time of crime/41) arrested & indicted (9/27/23) with felony murder & tampering with physical evidence. Pretrial hearing on 2/8/24.
*Joseph Stephen Lee Allen Lawson (24 @ time of crime/32) - Pretrial hearing on 1/5/24.

Dec. 21, 2023

The third suspect arrested in connection to the disappearance of Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers made his first appearance in Nelson County Circuit Court Thursday and pleaded not guilty.

Steven Eugene Lawson, 53, of Chaplin, joined Joseph Lawson and Brooks Houck as the three suspects connected to Rogers’ death. Houck was the boyfriend of Rogers when she went missing and is the father to one of her children.

During the morning arraignment, Lawson’s attorney, Ted Lavit, entered a not guilty plea on his client’s behalf. Steven Lawson appeared over Zoom from the Nelson County Detention Center.

Lavit requested a bond reduction for his client, which was set on Dec. 20. Lawson’s bond is $500,000 full-cash. Nelson Circuit Judge Charles Simms III opted to keep the bond the same, but a formal bond hearing is expected to take place Jan. 4.

If anyone has ever deserved to win a lawsuit against a Defendant, it's SB. The loss she has suffered is beyond words, a loving daughter, a caring husband, the responsibility and financial costs of caring for CR children (even though I'm sure she loves them dearly). I say take this Murderer to the bank and clean out every last penny she can possibly get.

It will never bring back her husband and Crystal back, but it sure can help somewhat ease the financial burden this monster created. The sad thing is she'll probably never see a dime in reality. I'm sure BH and his family have made sure he has no assets that they can get to. :(

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back