KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there were more details as well; most notably, how much time passed between her last sighting and her being reported missing? 25 minutes is disturbingly fast.

My husband is the public address announcer at High School Football games and I work in the press box with him as a spotter. In smaller towns, kids are just allowed to roam around with their friends at most of these events. Parents have a real sense of safety because kids usually are pretty visible. Unfortunately, its not safe at all.

If it's anything like my son's football games, the kids of all ages are running around in groups. The children are not sitting with the parents fr the most part. I'm glad our season is over, because I would be a wreck next Friday worrying about what could happen.

Heartbreaking. Is anywhere safe ?

My guess is teenager with sociopath tendency.

Small towns give people a false sense of security. People still need to watch their children every minute no matter where they live. 7 year old children need protection from many things, including creeps and killers. 25 minutes does sound like a very short time, but I bet to this little girl it seemed like an eternity. RIP Gabriella Doolin

Nope not me. My kids are all older now. But you would have never caught my 7 year old running around at a game by herself. Yes there is a false sense of security in small towns. There was a time when you would have been safe but the world is a different place these days. Ask my youngest and she will tell you she has the most paranoid mother in the world.

My twin girls are 24, almost 25. I actually let them go one street over from our house to main street by themselves when they were 10. I can't believe I did that. But even 15 years ago, things were different. I felt that as long as they were together (and everyone in our small town knew them) then it would be ok. I wouldn't dream of doing that now....

Oh...and the girls had cell phones. But still...

I think mabey they have some idea of who did this. It's way to quite ....I hope so.

I need more. Was she wandering around. Who were they there too watch. Who was sitting next to them. And how long and when did mom part ways with her.

The story could have given a little more details. Like the girl went to the restroom and never came back or something while watching her brothers football game.

Was she cheerleading at the halftime or something or was she just there with mom. Idk. I guess we will find out.

I too want to know the details of the circumstances that she disappeared under. Like you, I wonder if she went to the restroom alone or maybe to buy a snack at the concession stand alone. I highly doubt somebody snatched her from the stands while she was sitting next to her mom. Not blaming the mom/parents or whoever was there with her, I am just curious as to what the circumstances were that gave whoever took her the opportunity.

If this was an ordinary rec or high school football game during the day, she was probably off playing with the other younger siblings at the game. It's what bored little kids do at games.

If this was an ordinary rec or high school football game during the day, she was probably off playing with the other younger siblings at the game. It's what bored little kids do at games.

She was reported missing at 7:40pm.

Oops, I misread. For some reason I was thinking the game was noonish.

Is this a small town or city? Seven is on the young side, but she could have been hanging with a group of siblings, still. Our rural HS just has ordinary bleachers on one side. There's lots of areas visible during games for kids to hang and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford