Found Deceased KY - Justin Johnson, 28, Lewis County, 23 March 2017 *Arrests*

If anyone local ---Are any of the places or things (!) distance wise near any of this :

[FONT=&quot]Covington

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Kenton County jail

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5thStreet and Scott Boulevard

[/FONT]
East Fork State Park

park is about a 40 minute drive from Covington and just a few minutes more from Florence

If anyone local ---Are any of the places or things (!) distance wise near any of this :

[FONT=&quot]Covington

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Kenton County jail

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5thStreet and Scott Boulevard

[/FONT]
East Fork State Park

park is about a 40 minute drive from Covington and just a few minutes more from Florence
Here it is:
Shared route
From Town Branch Rd to Lower Twin Branch via KY-10 E.

20 min (12*mi)
20 min in current traffic

1. Head east on State Hwy 1149 toward Alum Rock Ridge Rd
2. Turn left onto KY-10 E/KY-9 S/State Hwy 1149
3. Continue straight onto KY-10 E
4. Turn right onto State Hwy 1306
5. Turn left onto McDowells Creek Rd
6. Turn left onto Lower Twin Branch
7. Arrive at location: Lower Twin Branch

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/mJtBGtfGK3H2

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Isn' this something

[FONT=&amp]LEWIS COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) - The search for a missing Lewis County man has been called off.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Authorities say the disappearance of Justin Johnson, 28, is now being investigated as a criminal matter by the sheriff's office.

THey have to know a lot imo to do this??

[/FONT]
have GPS locations where his phone pinged.[FONT=&amp]

http://www.lex18.com/story/35012877/search-for-missing-lewis-county-man-called-off
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"We know who he was supposed to meet," --[/FONT] new evidence discovered Monday t[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
now a possible abduction

a skilled woodsman.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]...., he's kind of reserved, doesn't talk a whole lot.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The K-9s keep taking us out of the area,

[/FONT]
http://www.maysville-online.com/news/local/missing-person-case-now-a-criminal-investigation/article_c22cbf55-fcb2-52ba-b6c7-5ec0aa78946c.html[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
58dab3a4c6776.image.jpg

[FONT=&amp]"If you look at the tire tracks, you can tell that no one tried to pull the truck out of the location," Bivens said. "I'm not sure if we was actually in that area."

[/FONT]
following up several leads

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Was just coming to post this CARIIS !

I think they killed him in a place far away and placed the truck there to throw them off. But the dogs are confusing, but seeing where the truck is in that picture , you could not announce a truck being there --- its on a hill - saying see me!

I think they killed him in a place far away and placed the truck there to throw them off. But the dogs are confusing, but seeing where the truck is in that picture , you could not announce a truck being there --- its on a hill - saying see me!
But why?!

This is close. Covington / Kenton county is where I live. The road there is mostly back roads not interstate highways, unless they go the long way. This would be closer to Maysville or Augusta. It Is right along the Ohio river to West Virginia. Covington and Florence are pretty urban for the most part. Only 15/20 minutes to downtown Cincinnati. If you are around 5th street in Covington, you are only 1 block from the bridge to Cincinnatti. I hope that helps. The name of Rt. 9 is none locally as the AA.

HA gonna sound funny are there bears in that area!!!!!

Run out of gas?

Medical deal - he would be found passed out somewhere in the area (not hidden ?)

Trying to come up with something other than murder - ain't feeling it tho !!! But they turned it criminal so they had to find something?

Cell phone logs and known drug dealers?

Is it a real "hunter" place? Maybe someone Cheney ed him by accident!!

I wonder if truck was wiped clean in terms of interior? Seems like that would be real telling moo

Am still hung up on why the fiance seems not to have stated why he left in the first place. I think stayed "together"

It just strikes me as bizarre for someone to stand up and exit a place of residence without saying I am going to .........................Especially in a relationship.

Throw in this day and age (internet) not to have heard from him is strange no? Seems like a norm now is kinda like an airplane landing (!) they report their location to one another all the time. Her statements sound like he just left ???

Or am I reading it wrong - do we have any idea of where he was going??

Would any of you just get up and get in your car without saying anything to your sign other

In this day and age , (I don't have cell despise em) wouldn't each of you let each other know what's happening? Just strikes me like she may have known he was going for drugs and obviously cant say that -- just speculating but .....

No bears around these parts. There are an overwhelming amount of coyotes though. lol. In the area around Vanceburg is pretty boring. Not sure why anyone other than locals would want to go there. It is a lot of little river towns. Maysville would be the largest. There is a lot of meth and heroin in that area. Here too, but there is a very well known area for drug use and sales. One thought is, because rt. 9 or AA is a road straight to Cincinnati and I-275 for drug running. Because of the rural area and then in 45 minutes you are at the interstate crossroads. I-275 loops Cincinnati and has access to I 71 which in another hour and a half you can be in Columbus. Also joins I75 which going north would take you all the way past Dayton, Oh and going south on 75, 100 miles would put you in Louisville. So if someone really wanted to get out of an area, you could go 40 miles rural and then you could interstate to several states. Once you left Vanceburg where authorities are looking you could go pretty unnoticed in this area.

Sounds like a drug deal gone bad. Maybe that's why the fiancée doesn't say where he went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"UPDATE: CREEK THE NEXT FOCUS IN SEARCH FOR MISSING VANCEBURG MAN"

"Family members and volunteers are scheduled to search a creek in Lewis County on Wednesday for a Vanceburg man whose been missing since March 23, 2017.

Boats and search members on horseback will be used on Kinniconick Creek in Lewis County looking for 28-year old Justin Johnson, according to Lewis County Emergency Management.

Lewis County Sheriff Johnny Bivens brought in a helicopter Tuesday afternoon during a break in the weather to search the area where Johnson’s pickup truck was found abandoned on Lower Twin Branch off McDowell Creek Road, south of Garrison, on March 24, 2017.

Investigators say there was no new information gathered from the aerial search.
Teams returned Monday, March 27, and expanded the area of concentration using information collected from Johnson’s cell phone records, according to investigators.

Volunteers also searched the area on foot and on horseback, but weren’t able to collect any information that indicated Johnson had been there.

Sheriff Bivens says he and his deputies have been questioning Johnson’s friends and acquaintances and collecting as much information as they can in an effort to find out what happened to Johnson." (BBM)
http://www.wtvq.com/2017/03/28/update-creek-next-focus-search-missing-vanceburg-man/

So perhaps they either received a tip (whether in interviewing Justin's friends and acquaintances or via the tip-line) that led to the decision to search Kinniconick Creek, or maybe information from his cell phone indicates that Justin (or at least his phone) was there ...?

I just keep thinking about his poor mom ... :( ..., and I think Justin is a dad, too ... I really, really want him to be OK ....

No bears around these parts. There are an overwhelming amount of coyotes though. lol. In the area around Vanceburg is pretty boring. Not sure why anyone other than locals would want to go there. It is a lot of little river towns. Maysville would be the largest. There is a lot of meth and heroin in that area. Here too, but there is a very well known area for drug use and sales. One thought is, because rt. 9 or AA is a road straight to Cincinnati and I-275 for drug running. Because of the rural area and then in 45 minutes you are at the interstate crossroads. I-275 loops Cincinnati and has access to I 71 which in another hour and a half you can be in Columbus. Also joins I75 which going north would take you all the way past Dayton, Oh and going south on 75, 100 miles would put you in Louisville. So if someone really wanted to get out of an area, you could go 40 miles rural and then you could interstate to several states. Once you left Vanceburg where authorities are looking you could go pretty unnoticed in this area.

Eastern Ky is full of bear. We have a bear season.

CLAY COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - Detectives with Kentucky State Police are investigating after a body was found in Clay County.

The body was found in a wooded area off Whites Branch Road Sunday.

The remains were sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Frankfort for an autopsy.

Officials are not releasing the identity, cause or time of death until after the autopsy.

Maybe not related.......

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Police-investigating-after-body-found-in-Clay-County-417447083.html

Well, that was the vaguest news story I have ever seen! He has not been missing that long- I would think, if if is him ID is not hard, jmo

CLAY COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - Detectives with Kentucky State Police are investigating after a body was found in Clay County.

The body was found in a wooded area off Whites Branch Road Sunday.

The remains were sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Frankfort for an autopsy.

Officials are not releasing the identity, cause or time of death until after the autopsy.

Maybe not related.......

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Police-investigating-after-body-found-in-Clay-County-417447083.html

I just noticed this ?

How far away is this wooded area off Whites Branch Road from vehicle?

Eastern Ky is full of bear. We have a bear season.
We just have large hills, you guys have the thick forest and mountains. Lol. At least none I know of. Yikes scary thought!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well, that was the vaguest news story I have ever seen! He has not been missing that long- I would think, if if is him ID is not hard, jmo
But would they continue the search if they knew the body was Johnson's? And it was discovered on Sunday evening. Police and volunteers did a whole lot of searching Monday, Tuesday and today they're looking at the creek.

I just noticed this ?

How far away is this wooded area off Whites Branch Road from vehicle?
From Vanceburg:

Shared route
From Whites Branch Rd to Vanceburg via I-75 N.

3 hr 4 min (162*mi)
3 hr 6 min in current traffic

1. Head west on Whites Branch Rd toward Vaughn Cemetery Rd
2. Turn left onto Elisha Feltner Rd
3. Turn left onto KY-80 W
4. Turn right onto Sallys Branch Rd
5. Turn left onto Bert Reams Rd
6. Turn left onto Lorene Jones Rd/Rebecca Ln
7. Turn left toward Hal Rogers Pkwy
8. Turn right onto Hal Rogers Pkwy
9. Turn right onto the I-75 N ramp to Lexington
10. Take exit 95 for KY-627 toward Winchester/Boonesborough
11. Turn right onto KY-627 N/Boonesborough Rd
12. Turn left onto S Maple St
13. Turn right onto the I-64 E ramp to Ashland/Bert T. Combs Mountain Pkwy
14. Take exit 110 for US-460/KY-11 toward Flemingsburg/Mt Sterling
15. Turn left onto KY-11 N/US-460 W/Maysville Rd
16. Continue straight onto KY-11 N/Maysville Rd
17. Continue straight onto Mt Sterling Ave
18. Turn left onto E Main St
19. At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto N Main Cross St/Mt Carmel Ave
20. Exit the traffic circle onto N Main Cross St/Mt Carmel Ave
21. Turn right onto KY-57 N
22. Turn right onto KY-9 S
23. Turn left onto Old Ky 10 Rd/Shelton Ln
24. Turn left onto KY-59
25. Arrive at location: Vanceburg

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/CDMx797EvMM2

The name of the person has not been released. But he was found with his vehicle.

So this would not be Justin.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz