GUILTY KY - Kayla Williams, 17, Kortney, 14, & Ethan Frensley, 5, murdered, Roaring Springs, 15 Oct 2008

SuziQ,

I like that user name.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that LE has a lot more undisclosed evidence. I am just going off of the evidence that was reportedly told to the Judge, who is up for re-election, in the hearing where he, the Judge, sent this case to a Grand Jury.

I also have a hard time believing that any 18 year old man(child), could have knocked on the door and not heard any sounds related to the violent attack taking place inside.

I also have a hard time with that same witness taking note of even a portion of a license plate number. Which, from what I have been able to find out, is the same three letters that virtually every vehicle in that county has on it's license plate. It is my understanding that those reported letters identify which county a vehicle is registered in.

Hey SuziQ, I appreciate your opinions.

Thank You

Trace

From your comments it appears you are local? Remember, the grand jury handed down the indictement, not the judge. And it's unlikely that same judge will sit at the murder trial. About that vehicle. Not many have a bloody door handle, seatbelt and match the make and model involved.

There are sadly numerous violent crimes where no one sees or hears anything. The Harvey family from Virginia is one. A friend even brought one of the Harvey daughters home during a home invasion. Mrs Harvey answered the door, let her daughter in and never said anything to her friend, while the rest of her family was being bound and tortured in the basement.

I just re-read some earlier posts and I would also like to add that several on-line reports state the the perpetrator, after the rape, asked the mother what time her children would get home. To me, this would rule out him being "caught in the act"

Trace

Trace, are you referring to my previous comment that IMO, Dunlap was all but caught in the act"? I never said he was caught in the act. No one has, because he wasn't. I said he was "all but" caught in the act.

Hey SuziQ,

I would like to take this down a notch or two, I am not attacking you, as I tried to indicate in my posts. I truly value and respect your opinions.

I think the grand jury is not scheduled to meet until the middle of November, they haven't had any participation in this case, as of yet.

Everything I have read states that the investigators found traces of what might have been blood on the door handle and seatbelt of the suspects vehicle. I have never read, except in your post, that the door handle and seatbelt were covered in blood.

I also want to say that I am not defending this man, if he did it there is not a punishment, in this mortal world, that would be suitable for him. He will get that later.

Trace

If we keep this up I might catch up to your number of posts sooner rather than later.

Trace

Hey SuziQ,

I would like to take this down a notch or two, I am not attacking you, as I tried to indicate in my posts. I truly value and respect your opinions.

I think the grand jury is not scheduled to meet until the middle of November, they haven't had any participation in this case, as of yet.

Everything I have read states that the investigators found traces of what might have been blood on the door handle and seatbelt of the suspects vehicle. I have never read, except in your post, that the door handle and seatbelt were covered in blood.

I also want to say that I am not defending this man, if he did it there is not a punishment, in this mortal world, that would be suitable for him. He will get that later.

Trace

Until the comment about the number of posts I have, I didn't feel like you were attacking me. Their are TOS rules and one is attack the post, not the poster. And I never stated that anything was covered in blood.

Hey Suzi,

I have read several accounts that stated that the children interrupted the attack on the mother, and I misinterpreted what you had posted, I thought that your opinion was leaning towards this also.

Trace

Would it matter if I was local, or not?

Trace

Not at all. I was merely making an observation based on your knowledge of the judge. That's something someone local would know and be interested in. Locals are always interesting to talk to.

ETA: somewhere along the line, you and I got on the wrong track. Therefore, I'm backing out of this debate. Have a great day Trace. And where are my manners? Welcome to WS.

I will freely admit when I am wrong. You stated that the vehicle had a bloody door handle and seatbelt. It was wrong of me to mis-quote you.

My comment about your post count was meant to be a respectful acknowledgment (i love spell check), of the fact that I know I am "the new kid on the block" and you are a seasoned veteran of this board.

Trace

I hadn't seen the below interesting comments made by Dunlap before:

http://www.kentucky.com/471/story/563992.html

(snip)
A former Army soldier accused of raping and killing an Iraqi teen and slaying her family was a "chatterbox" after his arrest, voluntarily making nearly two dozen statements while in custody, prosecutors said in court documents filed Wednesday.
Pfc. Steven D. Green, 22, told FBI agents that "George Bush and Dick Cheney ought to be the ones that are arrested," according to court documents. He also said "You probably think I'm a monster" and "Guess I'm looking at spending the rest of my life in jail," the documents said.
He never specifically addressed the allegations against him.
Federal Public Defender Scott Wendelsdorf has said a judge should throw out Green's statements because he asked for an attorney.
But prosecutors said Green made the statements voluntarily and was not questioned after asking for an attorney.
"The fact of the matter is that Steven Green was a chatterbox during his transportation," prosecutors said.

When I read the article, I thought Steven Green made those comments.

I also think WKYT got it wrong, I have read in several other articles that police found a paring knife in the trash, WKYT is the only source that is claiming it was covered in blood.

Trace

I have wondered about that because it would have been stupid to leave a knife covered in blood just laying around. Wouldn't his wife have asked about that. I probably wouldn't notice shoes but I know I would have noticed a bloody knife. I figured there was blood under the handle of the paring knife.

Suzi,

I just read that you were not going to post any more. That is odd because I was thinking that I was going to do the exact same thing.

Please continue to post because I have enjoyed the mild repartee. I believe that knowledge, personal growth, and enlightenment, rely heavily on conversations like what we have been having here.

I should be very careful because I am probably dangerously close to getting away from the subject of this thread.

I am just trying to point out some things that raise questions in my mind. And I think these things should at least make all of us stop and think for a minute, instead of automatically condemning this man.

I am sorry that we got off on the wrong track, I hope you will continue to post in this thread.

Trace

Suzi,

I just read that you were not going to post any more. That is odd because I was thinking that I was going to do the exact same thing.

Please continue to post because I have enjoyed the mild repartee. I believe that knowledge, personal growth, and enlightenment, rely heavily on conversations like what we have been having here.

I should be very careful because I am probably dangerously close to getting away from the subject of this thread.

I am just trying to point out some things that raise questions in my mind. And I think these things should at least make all of us stop and think for a minute, instead of automatically condemning this man.

I am sorry that we got off on the wrong track, I hope you will continue to post in this thread.

Trace

It's all cool E10! :blowkiss:

I have wondered about that because it would have been stupid to leave a knife covered in blood just laying around. Wouldn't his wife have asked about that. I probably wouldn't notice shoes but I know I would have noticed a bloody knife. I figured there was blood under the handle of the paring knife.

That is a good point.

Trace

When I read the article, I thought Steven Green made those comments.

I thought the same thing. Did I miss something? :confused:
Help me someone! LOL.

SuziQ,

I like that user name.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that LE has a lot more undisclosed evidence. I am just going off of the evidence that was reportedly told to the Judge, who is up for re-election, in the hearing where he, the Judge, sent this case to a Grand Jury.

I also have a hard time believing that any 18 year old man(child), could have knocked on the door and not heard any sounds related to the violent attack taking place inside.

I also have a hard time with that same witness taking note of even a portion of a license plate number. Which, from what I have been able to find out, is the same three letters that virtually every vehicle in that county has on it's license plate. It is my understanding that those reported letters identify which county a vehicle is registered in.

Hey SuziQ, I appreciate your opinions.

Thank You

Trace

I thought the exact same thing when i heard this. Why in the world would he have noticed the license plate unless he thought there was something suspicious, and if he thought there was a reason to look at the license plate then he would have taken down the whole #, right? And then after listening to the hearing, I could not understand why the lead detective could not answer any more questions than what he did. He kinda acted like he didnt know alot, but being the lead detective, he wouldve known more. I believe that Kevin Dunlap committed this crime because there is evidence, but some things are just not making a lot of sense at this time. I still have a hard time believing that this family did not know him, for a lot of reasons, but mainly because of how violent he was toward those kids, knowing that he has kids of his own. I know I am running a lot of things together, but I have a lot of things on my mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn
Back