Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Why in the world would they discontinue the search? I just don’t get their reasoning for it.

We don't get it, but I'll guarantee they have a very purposeful reason for it. If they have any hope that he in fact wandered off they will continue to use every resource available to them and move heaven and earth to locate him

Unfortunately I think this case may have a very tragic outcome and one thats become all too familiar

JMO

Last edited:
Why in the world would they discontinue the search? I just don’t get their reasoning for it.

IMO because LE received information that leads them to believe that he will not be found in that area. There are still people searching today, but it's been scaled back dramatically and none of the state people have been called in.

Usually they seem to run search parties at the same time as investigating family, friends, relatives, locals etc. Even when it turns out to be foul play there will often be ongoing official searches for a week or more, because they're looking at all eventualities and the searchers have to go out even if they're looking for a body.

But to call off the official search so soon suggests to me that search dogs can't find a trace of a trail outside the home/garden for Kenneth so they really don't believe he has wandered off and that they suspect something else has happened...whatever that may be.

Kenneth isn't yet two years old...even if LE got an odd feeling from the parents, they can't just call off a search for a baby who might be wandering in the woods! They know that and it wouldn't imho be normal procedure unless they are 100% certain he never wandered away from the house.

From the video:
Official search ended last night.
Kentucky State Police are now in charge of the investigation.
A KSP detective is at the home.
Reporter spoke of Kenneth in past tense, “road where Kenneth lived”.

Live video posted 17 min ago
Update on search for missing toddler in Magoffin County

Right on day 1 there was a neighbor or something interviewed and every word he spoke about Kenneth was in the past tense. I thought that was odd.

just my speculation, but the manner of which Officials have communicated in Local news interviews almost leads me to believe they may be starting to suspect foul play

maybe I'm reading to much into it

but I'm just starting to get an uneasy feeling
Maybe the search team has found some places that need to be searched using certain equipment that needs to be brought into the area -- a tunnel, a large or deep thicket area, small areas where only a little person could get into and then not be able to turn around and get out, a dried-up gasoline or kerosene tank, a tobacco-curing fuel tank or storage area, an upset cistern, collapsed sheds, etc. Let's hope.

Usually they seem to run search parties at the same time as investigating family, friends, relatives, locals etc. Even when it turns out to be foul play there will often be ongoing official searches for a week or more, because they're looking at all eventualities and the searchers have to go out even if they're looking for a body.

But to call off the official search so soon suggests to me that search dogs can't find a trace of a trail outside the home/garden for Kenneth so they really don't believe he has wandered off and that they suspect something else has happened...whatever that may be.

Kenneth isn't yet two years old...even if LE got an odd feeling from the parents, they can't just call off a search for a baby who might be wandering in the woods! They know that and it wouldn't imho be normal procedure unless they are 100% certain he never wandered away from the house.

Agreed, I'm absolutely certain that Investigators know for a fact that he didn't just wander off

JMO

IMO if he is truly lost in the woods, they need to expand the search area. He has grown up in this area, looks like a very active little guy, and is probably used to the more rugged terrain. Because of the dense foliage, it is harder for the searchers to maneuver, but a little guy can move under the lower growth and probably loves to climb. Climbing up hill, he would be very low to the ground, unlike the searchers. I know when my kids were that age they were climbing everything and could easily climb steep terrain much faster and the rest of us.

All of that being said, it is beginning to sound like there is more going on than simply a toddler missing in the woods.

I wanted so much for this little man to be found safe yesterday that I wanted to throw my hinky meter in the back of our kitchen junk drawer and ignore it's constant buzzing. As of today, I can hear it from every room in the house and outside as well. I hope we're all wrong and our hinky meters are malfunctioning :(

Maybe the search team has found some places that need to be searched using certain equipment that needs to be brought into the area -- a tunnel, a large or deep thicket area, small areas where only a little person could get into and then not be able to turn around and get out, a dried-up gasoline or kerosene tank, a tobacco-curing fuel tank or storage area, an upset cistern, collapsed sheds, etc. Let's hope.

Yah IDK but based on local news on scene reporting there is absolutely very little activity at the location other than investigators up at the property conducting interviews.

no searching etc

JMO

From the video:
Official search ended last night.
Kentucky State Police are now in charge of the investigation.
A KSP detective is at the home.
Reporter spoke of Kenneth in past tense, “road where Kenneth lived”.

Live video posted 17 min ago
Update on search for missing toddler in Magoffin County

@osu I was debating whether to post KSP had detectives at the house, I didn’t know msm had reported it.
Tick tock........

Oh no! Please don't let this be another murdered baby! What kind of circumstances in a child wandering off case would LE want to keep under wraps? o_O
Did LE do a thorough search of the house? With a missing child, the 1st thing done is to make sure the child is not hiding or asleep in cabinets, drawers, under furniture, in the washer or dryer, pantry, trash cans, clothes hamper, in a cellar, etc., etc. He certainly would have awakened by now unless he got into somewhere he couldn't get out and couldn't breathe. It happens.

Did LE do a thorough search of the house? With a missing child, the 1st thing done is to make sure the child is not hiding or asleep in cabinets, drawers, under furniture, in the washer or dryer, pantry, trash cans, clothes hamper, in a cellar, etc., etc. He certainly would have awakened by now unless he got into somewhere he couldn't get out and couldn't breathe. It happens.

I'm sure they have searched every square inch of that house and immediate property

JMO

I wonder how many people actually live in the buildings at the end of the road. Is it just Kenneth and his parents or are there other extended family members living on the property? I can’t tell from aerials how many actual houses there are.

How many people were involved in the actual search before LE was called?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back