Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Anyone able to find there exactly this is on a map?
It's in Eastern KY about a hundred miles SE of Lexington on the Licking River in Magoffin County. According to the United States Census Bureau, the population was estimated to be approximately 1,800 as of 2016. This article has a photo of and location of the home. Area is dense with trees and hills it was reported. Missing toddler in Gunlock | Salyersville Independent

Hmm.. very heavily wooded area from the looks of it. I hope they find him soon if he did just simply run off. Sunset was about 8:30, an hour after reportedly last seen from what I read. I do not think a toddler could have made his way too far from the home within an hour.I am hoping also he is close by. Once it got dark I think the little boy would have stayed put where ever he wandered off to.

A little one like this rarely stays put for long. I hope the searchers backtrack over and over. I can’t imagine he would get too far. So many places to look for him I’m sure. Keep searching.. And listen to crying..

No sign of 22-month-old Eastern Kentucky boy who went missing Sunday night, search crew says
UPDATED 12 MINUTES AGO

(Video at link)

Ritt Mortimer, acting Magoffin Rescue Squad public information officer, says so far search crews have found no sign of the missing 22-month-old toddler.

Crews in Magoffin County have found no sign of the 22-month-old boy who went missing Sunday night, according to the rescue squad leading the search.

Kenneth Howard was last seen by his father around 7:30 p.m., Carter Conley, chief of the Magoffin County Rescue Squad, said early Monday.

The boy’s dad was sitting on the front porch of the home and Kenneth got out through the back door, said Robert Prater, director of Magoffin County Emergency Management and a friend of the family.

As of 1:30 p.m., around 18 hours after Kenneth went missing, crews had found no sign of the boy, said Ritt Mortimer, public information officer for the rescue squad.

“It’s a bad situation. It really is,” Prater said. “For a child that size to be gone this long, it’s rough.”

The South Magoffin Fire Department was called directly by Kenneth’s family after he went missing, Mortimer said. The fire department searched for about 30 minutes without finding the boy. A call was then made to emergency dispatch and that alerted the rescue squad, Magoffin County Sheriff’s Department and Kentucky State Police, Mortimer said.

The search has been concentrated in the southern end of Magoffin County about one mile from the Floyd County border, Conley said.

The rescue squad used a drone with thermal imaging from Pike County Emergency Management Sunday night, according to Conley. Search dogs arrived Monday morning, he said.

Two helicopters have also been used in the search, said Mortimer.

The search from the rescue squad was called off around 7 a.m. so crews could regroup and get more help. Their search resumed around 11 a.m. Monday, Conley said. He is not asking the public’s help searching for Kenneth.

“We have experienced people right now and that’s what we are relying on. We are using our trained resources,” Conley said.

Vicky Wireman Howard, Kenneth’s aunt, said hundreds of volunteers were doing ground searches.

Prater said there has been an outpouring of friends and family trying to help. Kenneth’s family is tore up, he said.

“Not knowing where he’s at, not knowing what happened ... everyone is trying to be optimistic,”

No sign of 22-month-old Eastern Kentucky boy who went missing Sunday night, search crew says

I live in this area. It is a 4:55p.m here and 60 degrees right now. It's supposed to be down to 46 tonight. Last night it got down to about 50-55. Overcast and cool all day. I don't know what he was wearing, but I sure am worried for him. There are swollen creeks all over the area of Magoffin and Floyd County (where I live) right now. There has been a lot of rain.

I live in this area. It is a 4:55p.m here and 60 degrees right now. It's supposed to be down to 46 tonight. Last night it got down to about 50-55. Overcast and cool all day. I don't know what he was wearing, but I sure am worried for him. There are swollen creeks all over the area of Magoffin and Floyd County (where I live) right now. There has been a lot of rain.
He has to be crying..He's so little, how fast can he move and how long without getting tired. Hungry too and cold...poor little guy. Please find him.

Here we go again. First the dad said the child was playing in the yard, dad went inside, came back and child was gone. Then dad said he was on the front porch and the child went out the back door. I feel sick for this baby.
I do too. But I'm waiting to see if the dad changed his story or if it was reported incorrectly one way or the other.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back