KY KY- Krista Garrett, 33, Prestonsburg, 30 Aug 2019

nerosleuth

Reaction score
WYMT-TV is reporting that a Floyd County family is still searching for a family member who has been missing for almost a year.

Krista Garrett was last seen on August 30, 2019 at the Marathon gas station on KY Route 114 in Prestonsburg, Kentucky.

A family member said that Krista was last seen walking alone and she was last seen wearing blue jeans, orange-red T-shirt, and white Nike running shoes.

Krista Garrett has strawberry blonde hair, her height is 4 feet 11 inches tall, and her weight is 95 pounds.

She also has 3 tattoos. She has a tattoo with the name Charlie on her neck, a frog tattoo on her left foot, and a butterfly tattoo on her right shoulder.

Krista Garrett had contacted her family by phone in October 2019 where she told her family that she was going a rehab facility and she made no further contact with her family afterwards.

She has not been located in any rehab facilities or jails since was was last seen at the Marathon gas station in Prestonsburg.

The Kentucky State Police is investigating the case.

Anyone who has any information concerning the whereabouts of Krista Garrett is urged to contact the Kentucky State Police Post 9 Pikeville at 606-433-7711.

Sources:

Floyd County Family Still Searching For Missing Woman

Https://www.wymt.com/2020/07/21/floyd-county-family-still-searching-for-missing-woman

Family Needs Your Help Finding A Missing Person

Https://www.wymt.com/content/news/KSP-needs-your-help-finding-a-missing-person-568967721.html

Last edited:
https://www.wymt.com/2020/07/21/floyd-county-family-still-searching-for-missing-woman/
BZMSYYGPRRFVFBHH5RC757TIMA.jpg
FGBBX3DPONBTZAQQZNQFNFZGCY.jpg

This is a scary one--missing for this long, how much did LE do in the beginning? They prob just thought she was a drug addict on a binge, who lied about going to rehab. But she could be with some very dangerous people doing very dangerous things.
**Caveat : A young lady I taught in preschool, only 35 yo, just died yesterday of drug OD and her organs had been failing for months :( (Due to long-term drug use)

The family of a missing Floyd Co woman is offering a reward for information in the woman's disappearance. According to information, Krista Nicole Garrett was last seen on Aug. 30, 2019 at the Marathon gas station on Ky. 114 in Prestonsburg. Investigators said Garrett has not been seen, nor heard from since. Officials say Garrett is 33 years of age, 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighing approximately 95 pounds. She has blonde or strawberry blonde hair with green eyes, and she has a scar on the left side of her forehead. She's said to have the name "Charlie" tattooed on the left side of her neck, and she also has tattoos of a frog on her left foot and a butterfly on her right shoulder. Garrett was last seen wearing blue jeans, an orange or red shirt and white Nike running shoes. The Kentucky State Police is investigating Garrett's disappearance and they encourage anyone who might have information on Garrett's disappearance or whereabouts to please contact KSP Post 9 in Pikeville at (606) 433-7711.

Family offering reward in missing woman's disappearance - Mountain Top Media

You can google her name with her legal name and "mugshot" to pull up the records (they are numerous) but it looks like her arrests and jail time all end in 2019. Nothing for 2020.

Family of missing Floyd County woman offers $1,000 reward for information
  • 33-year-old
  • 4'11"
  • 95 pounds
  • strawberry blonde hair
  • green eyes
  • three tattoos: the name Charlie on her neck, a frog tattoo on her left foot, and a butterfly on her right shoulder
Family offering reward in missing woman's disappearance - Mountain Top Media
Info added:
  • 33-year-old
  • 4' 11"
  • 95 pounds
  • blonde or strawberry blonde hair
  • scar on the left side of her forehead
  • green eyes
  • name "Charlie" tattooed on the left side of her neck, and she also has tattoos of a frog on her left foot and a butterfly on her right shoulder
  • an introvert - shy and quiet

Awww, this breaks my heart. And it's so true. Too often we see cases that get too little attention, if any at all. Krista sounds like a sweet soul. I hope they find her and that she gets the help she needs. Unfortunately though, statistics show it's likely that won't be the case after all this time. :(

Nearing one year since Krista Garrett went missing, family finally talks
Krista, an introvert, did not have any friends. Her family was all she needed. Lowe describes her personality as shy and quiet. Although Garrett has run into trouble before, she wants her to know she is not the sum of her past.

“She has had a history of drug abuse and she kind of always been wayward, but she’s still a human, she still has a heart, she still has a soul and we she deserves to be found and we deserve to know where she is,” she said.

Snip

Yet through it all she wants Krista to know, “That I love her and that we want her home, and we are not going to give up, the detectives are not going to give up, we are not going to give up until we have answers.”

And the saying is true with this family, " Love knows know reason, no boundaries, no distance”.

This is a scary one--missing for this long, how much did LE do in the beginning? They prob just thought she was a drug addict on a binge, who lied about going to rehab. But she could be with some very dangerous people doing very dangerous things.
**Caveat : A young lady I taught in preschool, only 35 yo, just died yesterday of drug OD and her organs had been failing for months :( (Due to long-term drug use)

You make a very valid point, imo. She could very well be in a dangerous situation. I hope they get some traction under this story.

**Sorry to hear about your former student. My condolences to you and her loved ones.

‘As long as it takes. We’re not gonna give up’: Floyd County family continues search for missing woman

Krista Garrett’s family has been searching for answers for more than one year.

The 33-year-old Floyd County woman disappeared in October 2019 after telling her brother and sister-in-law about her plans to seek treatment for addiction.

Kentucky State Police opened an investigation earlier this year. But more than one year after her disappearance, there are more questions than answers.

Garrett’s aunt Garnet Lowe said the family increased its reward to $2,000 for anyone who can provide information leading to her whereabouts.

“We have to be her voice. We have to talk because she can’t talk for herself right now,” said Lowe. “We would just want her to know that we love her. And we want her home. And we’re not gonna give up. We’ll keep looking until- as long as it takes. We’re not gonna give up.”

Bring Krista Home
25 Jun 2021
30,577 people have seen this page and we still have no answers. It’s frustrating and sad. Krista’s family deserves answers. Her 4 sweet children have to lay down every night wondering where their mom is. How does a person just disappear? It doesn’t happen. Someone knows where Krista is, if she’s alive and what happened to her. No matter if it takes 20 more years to find Krista, we will not give up. The reward is actually up to $2000.
With that being said, we appreciate all of the prayers. Keep sharing this page so we can bring Krista home!

206655947_128405442751721_8729569319759301517_n.jpg

What worries me as she had an ongoing history of offenses in Floyd County (can search using the state Judicial system website, but you have to pay for particulars so they will not be mentioned). Whatever troubles she may have had in her younger years, her history just STOPPED just weeks after her last arrest of May 2019. One could say she was laying low due to charges but no Mom I know would do so and not contact their children. I hope LE Is being diligent in looking at those she may have been keeping company with at the time of her disappearance, they could well be related.

I'm kind of confused about the last FB page Krista Garrett She was last seen by family on August 30, 2019. On the FB page it looks like she was still posting until October 2019. Could it be that her fiance had access to her FB page, but she also comments after her missing date. Altogether a bit strange.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back