KY KY - Melanie Flynn, 24, Lexington, 25 Jan 1977

Hope this search leads to something. If anyone learns of anything, please post it here. I wonder if anyone owns the property in Mercer County that is being checked or is it owned by the county or the commonwealth? I noted the possible involvement of the Lexington Metro Police in this. Does that agency still remain under a cloud as we have come to read about in connection with this case?

You might check out the PVA in those counties. I intend to when I have the time but wonder if that land now has a new owner. PVA sites vary as to the owner-sell-buy history.

Researching & such... be aware of happenings at Merrick Place on Tate’s Creek Rd. Lots went on there including unrelated events that may or may not have involved some of these BGC people.

Here's a thought iirc, if The triad was called that because the location was where three counties met on the bluffs along the Kentucky River it makes sense to search there. Woodford, Madison and Jessamine? Those bluffs are 200 feet high or more in places. Known as the Palisades.

Here's a thought iirc, if The triad was called that because the location was where three counties met on the bluffs along the Kentucky River it makes sense to search there. Woodford, Madison and Jessamine? Those bluffs are 200 feet high or more in places. Known as the Palisades.

Don’t know. I need to re-read the book. Thornton was precise about things, makes me think he may have had a reason for the name other than what you mentioned but can’t remember. Those counties & the cliffs there makes sense though. Sooooooooo many questions, and such an intertwined ‘thing’ this entire BGC is.

They had planes. All they had to do was encase her in concrete and drop her in a body of water. Done. Awful to think but practical. But would she float is the question. This was 1977 when The Company was just getting their legs.

They had planes. All they had to do was encase her in concrete and drop her in a body of water. Done. Awful to think but practical. But would she float is the question. This was 1977 when The Company was just getting their legs.

Planes were leased. Seems more than once they were put on auto pilot to crash miles away from where they were jumped from. I do think Thornton had a landing strip on Triad but not sure. As I said earlier, I need to read the book again. Lambert is still living, not sure where he now lives but years ago he opened The Castle stores (jewelry) in Lexington, maybe others out of town (?).

Planes were leased. Seems more than once they were put on auto pilot to crash miles away from where they were jumped from. I do think Thornton had a landing strip on Triad but not sure. As I said earlier, I need to read the book again. Lambert is still living, not sure where he now lives but years ago he opened The Castle stores (jewelry) in Lexington, maybe others out of town (?).
I'm pretty sure they did have a landing strip there. I go to a pub where some guys who used to party at the Library Lounge. They know the cast of characters from there. I hope they find her for the family's sake. They seem like decent people. I saw on the news her brother said he'd searched Murphy's Landing except for one place that had a heavy metal lid over something and he couldn't get it off. Seems like that would be the first place to look. Maybe with the current police force there will be more co operation.

Hey Kudzuu... I may be wrong about planes BUT not all. Small planes were leased AFAIK. Someone in The Company, not sure who or how many of them together, may have owned a DC-4. <modsnip> YES, a landing strip was discussed in the book... can’t remember if in speculation or as fact but I’d there was one, NOT for landing a big plane though.

OMG, so you hung out at The Library—so did we! It was disco time there but none of us disco danced, LOL. Lambert & a partner owned that then his partner had the Big Daddy Liquor store next door, and couple of others. I’m still going thru the doc on that link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, fred&edna, for posting the video above. That’s Melanie’s brother, Bradley, when he searched some sites they thought her remains might be. That was somewhere around 2012-13 or so. It’s where they thought, & still suspect she may be—it’s just inside a cave close to the river IIRC, in a type of well that was/is covered with a heavy metal or iron top.

Aircraft these guys used.... in reference to the DC-4, in the linked doc in fred&edna’s prior post, I found this:
I Among the alleged activities of I ‘he “Bradley Bryant group” was the jpurchase of an old government DCf4 airplane for transporting marijuana from South America. i

I’ll paraphrase the next doc log (easier for me!):
Jan 11, 1979, per a federal indictment, “the 10-ton cargo plane was flown to Lexington’s Blue Grass Field”, marijuana was unloaded there. Then, “The DC-4 was taken to Louisville’s Bowman Field and abandoned.”. “Federal prosecutors accused Thornton of flying the plane from South America to Kentucky.”

The book states how Thornton & his buddies had become involved with 2 brothers from South America who were big time in the drug biz. I remember it went on to state that those in The Company, mainly Thornton, were now (at that time) dealing with people he/they really should NOT be involved with—very dangerous.

Taking in all involved AND just how VAST it was... as it’s been said, IF anyone in The Company suspected OR actually knew Melanie was privy to any goings-on, let alone people they were involved with.... not good for her PERIOD. They were transporting drugs, all sorts of military weapons and in question were what authorities termed “vendetta deaths” directly related to events in which Thornton was involved.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m wondering the same. It’s just inside that cave opening—showed that in the interview with brother Bradley a few yrs ago. Since they’re doing what they are, I can’t imagine them not looking in there. And IF they don’t.... I would think THAT would be a big red flag. She may not be there but to pass up something like that would be awful.

Lived in Lex for yrs - and travelled throughout the area - so I'm quite familiar with it ALL. Just didn't have those "in the know" take me to the exact spot and say, "Here... This is/was Triad Farm". I've also longed to see a picture of the Triad sign with it's "pitchfork under the I" logo. I really should make a nosey road trip soon. Well, when the weather is cooler!
I lived there for 16 years! Graduated from Tates Creek! My brother and I have been researching this for 20 years and still don't know the exact location. I'd love to find it!

It stated one was on his deathbed?? Maybe Jimmy Lambert?? He's 80+ now...

Could be!

Did three people originally own Triad??

Thornton (who bequeathed land to Henry Vance in his will), Canan (who may or may not be alive... I wanna think he is still kicking, but have no confirmation, and .... Third guy?? Or am I mis-remembering?? Guess I will do a little googling.

Could be!

Did three people originally own Triad??

Thornton (who bequeathed land to Henry Vance in his will), Canan (who may or may not be alive... I wanna think he is still kicking, but have no confirmation, and .... Third guy?? Or am I mis-remembering?? Guess I will do a little googling.
Canan is still alive, lives on a farm in Winchester. I'm not sure if it was 3 people?? I'm going to do some digging...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back