KY Ky - Patsy Nonemaker, 55, Shepherdville, 31 Dec 1999

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Patsy Ruth Nonemaker
Alias/Nickname: Patsy Allison Nonemaker

Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Height 5' 2" (62 Inches)
Weight 140 lbs
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes

Distinctive Physical Features
Short index finger, bent second finger on right hand.
Mole on upper left cheek.

Clothing and Accessories
Long black coat, white scarf, blue-gray pull-over shirt, dark gray slacks, brown suede hiking boots.
Jewelry: Diamond wedding ring - 14kt yellow gold mother's ring, size 5 1/2, with 5 stones measuring 1.4 to 2.5 mm (stone colors are green (2 stones), yellow, red and bluish/green. diamond heart necklace - 14kt gold, heart measures approximately 7/8 x 7/8 inches.

Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Patsy was last seen at approximately 4:00pm at her residence in the vicinity of the 300 block of Fairview Ln., in Shepherdsville, KY. She was possibly sighted walking toward Hwy 44 at Lees Valley Rd., then at I-65 near exit 117 at approximately 6:00pm.

Missing Person Case

I'm a bit confused on some ancestry info... there's a NY state marriage record dated Feb 16 1964 as well as a KY marriage record dated Feb 16 1997. And, my first thought was this was simply a typo on the year/s. However, the Kentucky record notes her last marriage ended by death, and her spouse's last marriage ended by divorce. But, both records show her marrying same man. Maybe someone can try to un-confuse me... I must be missing something.

I'm a bit confused on some ancestry info... there's a NY state marriage record dated Feb 16 1964 as well as a KY marriage record dated Feb 16 1997. And, my first thought was this was simply a typo on the year/s. However, the Kentucky record notes her last marriage ended by death, and her spouse's last marriage ended by divorce. But, both records show her marrying same man. Maybe someone can try to un-confuse me... I must be missing something.

I am not familiar with errors in ancestry reporting but I could surmise that perhaps someone presumed she was deceased and entered it as such, and her spouse's ancestry entries stated divorce?

I am not familiar with errors in ancestry reporting but I could surmise that perhaps someone presumed she was deceased and entered it as such, and her spouse's ancestry entries stated divorce?

I would agree but it appears to be stated wrong way around on the Kentucky record of their marriage - - the one dated 1997. Maybe it's just the way I'm reading it. And, I don't know why anyone would presume she was deceased in 1997 as she wasn't missing until 1999.

Last edited:
I would agree but it appears to be stated wrong way around on the Kentucky record of their marriage - - the one dated 1997. Maybe it's just the way I'm reading it. And, I don't know why anyone would presume she was deceased in 1997 as she wasn't missing until 1999.

I'm just speculating on the two different marriage ending. The dates are very confusing. Perhaps there is another person with her name?

Yes, so as reported she is bipolar. She decided that she wanted to divorce my grandfather and did. Then they dated other people for a little bit but decided they were still in love and remarried.

I'm just speculating on the two different marriage ending. The dates are very confusing. Perhaps there is another person with her name?
So they got a divorce and got remarried to each other. Where then her disappearance was in 1999. My grandfather (Paul Nonemaker) then married another woman in 2007ish after Patsy had been missing for 7-8 years.

So they got a divorce and got remarried to each other. Where then her disappearance was in 1999. My grandfather (Paul Nonemaker) then married another woman in 2007ish after Patsy had been missing for 7-8 years.

Thank you for providing additional info. I assumed that is what occurred but wasn't certain (so it also appears she married someone else in the interim, and he passed away?).

Was there any thought she could be meeting a friend or fellow church member, or maybe trying to reach another city or state? 'Maybe she had correspondence with someone else?

I do hope you find some answers in your search for your grandmother.

Last edited:
Thank you for providing additional info. I assumed that is what occurred but wasn't certain (so it also appears she married someone else in the interim, and he passed away?).

Was there any thought she could be meeting a friend or fellow church member, or maybe trying to reach another city or state? 'Maybe she had correspondence with someone else?

I do hope you find some answers in your search for your grandmother.
I will have to do more research on the marriage info, because I’m pretty sure she only was ever married to him but I could be wrong.

The story behind why she was out and not at home was because she was having a manic episode and wanted to go searching for her missing dog. She walked to the neighbors and asked them and they said they hadn’t seen the dog then she walked to the gas station to ask them if they’d seen her dog and they told her no as well. She then was sited walking towards 65 hwy is what they say and was the last she was seen.

Apparently, what I’ve gathered from her son (my father) was that she would leave sometimes but would always take her purse and everything with her when she would do this. She left her purse at home and all of her other belongings that day so she was planning on coming back home they assumed.

Is your grandmothers birthdate January 3 1944?
If so this Ancestry has a more recent address for her.

Name: Patsy Ruth Nonemaker[Patsy A Nonemaker]
Birth Date: Jan 1944
Residence Date: 2007-2020
Address: 548 Shadowlawn Dr
Residence: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Postal Code: 40229
Second Residence Date: 1966-2020
Second Address: 375 Fairview Ln
Second Residence:
Second Postal Code:
Third Residence Date: 2010-2011
Third Address: 3513 SE 1st Ave
Third Residence: Cape Coral, Florida, USA
Third Postal Code: 33904
Fourth Residence Date: 2006-2010
Fourth Address: 5911 Carmelwood Dr
Fourth Residence: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Fourth Postal Code: 40229

Second Residence:
Second Postal Code:
I will definitely look into this, thank you!

Second Residence:
Second Postal Code:
So I did some research and they are actually just connecting her to my grandfather and step grandmother's residences.

1*C8RcIWBmQWNiRUi-3xvtig.jpeg

Patsy Nonemaker (Photo credit: dps.texas.gov)
When Patsy Nonemaker left her Shepherdsville, Kentucky, house around 4:00 pm on Friday, December 31, 1999, she wasn’t in the best state of mind. The 55-year-old had struggled with depression and mental illness for years, and 1999 had been particularly rough for her. Her beloved dog went missing in September, and her father died on December 19th. Shortly after her father’s death, her doctor increased the amount of medication she was taking; she was still adjusting to this dose when she walked out of her front door on New Year’s Eve and vanished.

Patsy had spent much of Friday afternoon with her husband of 36 years, Paul Nonemaker. A few hours after the couple ate lunch, Paul left the house to run some errands. When he got home at 6:00 pm, he was surprised to discover that his wife wasn’t at home. Her car was in the driveway and her purse was in the master bedroom, but Patsy was missing.

Due to Patsy’s fragile mental condition, Paul was immediately concerned. Assuming that she had to be on foot, he drove slowly around the neighborhood, searching in vain for any sign of Patsy. A couple of Paul’s neighbors recalled seeing Patsy; she had asked them if they had seen her missing dog. When they told her that they hadn’t, she walked off. They last saw her heading down Lees Valley Way toward Highway 44 shortly after 4:00 pm. More:

I recently became aware of this Jane Doe - Ms. Startex - DNA Doe Project and found the description and resemblance to Patsy pretty compelling. Startex Jane Doe has over 80 exclusions, but Patsy is not one of them. I just contacted the investigator on Ms Startex's case, Rick Ellis, to pass along Patsy's name for comparison. He said he would check the national database for a DNA sample for Patsy..he then followed up (yesterday) to say there was DNA 'in for proceeding' but not 'completed'. He's making sure that Patsy's sample will now be completed and then compared against Startex JD.

Do we know anything about jewelry Patsy would wear? It's said there was a gold post earring with a red stone found near the body, and that was the only thing found on/near Jane Doe, but that her ears were pierced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back