KY KY - Redhead Murders, 70's-90's

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by hopetohelp, Dec 7, 2009.

1. dorothyland

dorothyland Well-Known Member

Thank you for this.

I've always read that Lisa was identified by a couple she had lived with in FL (like in this article The Forgotten Redhead Murders: Coincidence or Serial Killer?) so I wonder where the writer got the information that she was identified by a former pimp, who was in jail, that she had lived with in West Memphis.

dotr likes this.
  2. SagerKY

SagerKY New Member

dotr likes this.
  3. SagerKY

SagerKY New Member

Sorry I am new here and don't really know how to post yet. I posted a reply on RAYSGIRL1126 post. I tried to delete it, but don't really know how. Sorry.
    Here is the post again. I did a random google search to educate myself about the "Redhead Murders" and come across this.
    'Redhead Murder' victim in Campbell County identified after 33 years

dotr and dorothyland like this.
  4. dorothyland

Hi! Welcome to Websleuths!

Tina Farmer, Espy Pilgrim and Elizabeth Lamotte have all been identified in the past few months which is SO EXCITING! This year may be the most active for these cases in decades!

If you ever have any suggestions for who the other Jane Does are, please share them! We want to see all of these women identified!

5. SagerKY

SagerKY New Member

Here is another link. There is a high school that did a year long sociology class on this case. Where was this class when I was in high school? It did bring up an interesting point that this does look like one person. The likely hood of several people killing in the same manor, in the same area...at the same time has got to be astronomical. Also, where did the killer go? Why did he stop? If he had to stop r/t losing truck driving privileges then I wonder if he found another way. So lets say he was stationed on Tennessee. I would be interested to see if the occurrences of the murders increased in Tennessee at or around the time they stopped. I have several more, but I will do more research and then post the questions. I would love to make a timeline of the killings, location of body dumps and timing. If I do that I will post it here if I can figure it out.
    'The Bible Belt Strangler': E. Tenn. students draft serial killer profile in unsolved cases

dotr and aThousandYearsWide like this.
  6. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

This is just an observation and purely an opinion. But I thought about this when looking at Tina Farmer and Elizabeth Lamotte. Both were pregnant which I find interesting... I wonder if they could do DNA tests on the fetus(s)[Elizabeth miscarried]. Tina likely became pregnant before she went missing and Elizabeth became pregnant after, it made me wonder if Tina was in a relationship with the killer prior to going missing (not as likely but not impossible). Tina and Elizabeth's bodies were found an hour and 49 minutes away from each other (towns distance not actual location). What I picture here is a Ariel Castro like situation (all my opinion by the way). Multiple women are kidnapped and held captive together and both become pregnant. Maybe he's a trucker and traveled ending up in Tennessee and Kentucky for longer periods.

-Maybe looking at who Tina may have dated prior to going missing might shed some light on the killer. Terry Rasmussen AKA Bob Evans left town with a girlfriend that has yet to be found. Jack Kalhauser did the same thing as well who was recently ID'd as Brenda Gerow after being unidentified for years.

-What might place a trucker in Indiana, New Hampshire, Tennessee, and Kentucky. I don't know much about trucking obviously, but isn't there different locations for different cargo he might be hauling? No idea really. Just a thought into what clues the locations might have.

-He also might not be a trucker at all and more like Terry Rasmussen. Drifting from different locations and living under the radar.

-Another thing that's interesting is being that all the girls had red hair, it reminds me of how Ted Bundy's victims all looked similar.

dorothyland and dotr like this.
  7. dorothyland

Mrs. Badcrumble, dotr and Suglo like this.
  8. dorothyland

Just to clarify, identified through dental records without DNA confirmation.

Mrs. Badcrumble, dotr and Suglo like this.
  9. TmmEye

TmmEye Well-Known Member

I’ve been pondering your theory... it would make sense. For example, if the woman wanted to get pregnant, he may have been a sperm donor, and he wanted to have children, but the mothers refused to give custody - and they were killed.

dotr, aThousandYearsWide and Earth like this.
  10. AncientHysteria

AncientHysteria Member

Hey, I'm new. I have recently found myself delving into the rabbit hole that is the redhead murders. You all have done such an amazing job compling lists of women. I saw several that I had put into my own list of possible victims. I know the women range from practically all over the continintal US even though most were found in the south. Has anyody tried to create a list of missing red haired women that were never found? It is possible that there are more victims whose bodies haven't been identified. Even though the killer/s seem to have a habit of dumping the bodies off the interstate, it wouldnt be unreasonable to assume that there are victims who have not been found. Narrowing down possible, still missing victims could help narrow down the search pool. I do realize it would be difficult, because these women originated from several different states, but I would bet that at least a handfull of missing red heads that have never been found, could be victims of this "Bible Belt Killer" or anther transit killer from the same region and time period .

dotr and dorothyland like this.
  11. dorothyland

Hello! And welcome to Websleuths!

I have been compiling such a list in my free time over the past few months. I have 7 excel worksheets in a document creating a timeline of missing persons compared to every Jane Doe I've gathered from this thread and arranging the pages based on age ranges and hair color. With the timeline I'm able to see gaps of missing women who have been compared to one Jane Doe but not to others even if they fit the same basic description. These worksheets allow me to see a wealth of potential comparisons and potential serial victims (since I believe more than the Bible Belt Strangler are responsible for these missing women). My plan is to share these worksheets when I complete them.

bessie, Suglo and dotr like this.
  12. dorothyland

dotr, bessie and Suglo like this.
  13. AncientHysteria

AncientHysteria Member

That is wonderful. I look forward to seeing them. I have a huge list of potential poeple who are missing, but i haven't taking the time to sit down and try to really organize them yet. I'm honestly, still complaying my list, but I have a feeling yourspread sheet will be a great help. I imagine that not many people have thought to creat huge a large list. I'm trying excited to get to see it hen your finished. I wonder how many people we oth have on our lists.

dorothyland and dotr like this.