KY KY - Redhead Murders, 70's-90's

And compared to the others that were does for quite a bit, she had a picture and name but nothing about her at all. I read she's gone by different last names in the past but Arkansas seems a bit off from the other victims. I did find this https://webcache.googleusercontent....the-redhead-murders+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us and under her it gives a bit more info I didn't know before including her having a record in Nashville. Still weird there's really nothing else to go on.

Thank you for this.

I've always read that Lisa was identified by a couple she had lived with in FL (like in this article The Forgotten Redhead Murders: Coincidence or Serial Killer?) so I wonder where the writer got the information that she was identified by a former pimp, who was in jail, that she had lived with in West Memphis.

Sorry I am new here and don't really know how to post yet. I posted a reply on RAYSGIRL1126 post. I tried to delete it, but don't really know how. Sorry.
Here is the post again. I did a random google search to educate myself about the "Redhead Murders" and come across this.
'Redhead Murder' victim in Campbell County identified after 33 years

Hi! Welcome to Websleuths!

Tina Farmer, Espy Pilgrim and Elizabeth Lamotte have all been identified in the past few months which is SO EXCITING! This year may be the most active for these cases in decades!

If you ever have any suggestions for who the other Jane Does are, please share them! We want to see all of these women identified!

Here is another link. There is a high school that did a year long sociology class on this case. Where was this class when I was in high school? It did bring up an interesting point that this does look like one person. The likely hood of several people killing in the same manor, in the same area...at the same time has got to be astronomical. Also, where did the killer go? Why did he stop? If he had to stop r/t losing truck driving privileges then I wonder if he found another way. So lets say he was stationed on Tennessee. I would be interested to see if the occurrences of the murders increased in Tennessee at or around the time they stopped. I have several more, but I will do more research and then post the questions. I would love to make a timeline of the killings, location of body dumps and timing. If I do that I will post it here if I can figure it out.
'The Bible Belt Strangler': E. Tenn. students draft serial killer profile in unsolved cases

This is just an observation and purely an opinion. But I thought about this when looking at Tina Farmer and Elizabeth Lamotte. Both were pregnant which I find interesting... I wonder if they could do DNA tests on the fetus(s)[Elizabeth miscarried]. Tina likely became pregnant before she went missing and Elizabeth became pregnant after, it made me wonder if Tina was in a relationship with the killer prior to going missing (not as likely but not impossible). Tina and Elizabeth's bodies were found an hour and 49 minutes away from each other (towns distance not actual location). What I picture here is a Ariel Castro like situation (all my opinion by the way). Multiple women are kidnapped and held captive together and both become pregnant. Maybe he's a trucker and traveled ending up in Tennessee and Kentucky for longer periods.

-Maybe looking at who Tina may have dated prior to going missing might shed some light on the killer. Terry Rasmussen AKA Bob Evans left town with a girlfriend that has yet to be found. Jack Kalhauser did the same thing as well who was recently ID'd as Brenda Gerow after being unidentified for years.

-What might place a trucker in Indiana, New Hampshire, Tennessee, and Kentucky. I don't know much about trucking obviously, but isn't there different locations for different cargo he might be hauling? No idea really. Just a thought into what clues the locations might have.

-He also might not be a trucker at all and more like Terry Rasmussen. Drifting from different locations and living under the radar.

-Another thing that's interesting is being that all the girls had red hair, it reminds me of how Ted Bundy's victims all looked similar.

Suggested victim, Grant County Jane Doe, has been identified or tentatively identified due to complications with attaining DNA as Lori Jean Lloyd.

1917703_1215002980325_3456799_n.jpg

This is just an observation and purely an opinion. But I thought about this when looking at Tina Farmer and Elizabeth Lamotte. Both were pregnant which I find interesting... I wonder if they could do DNA tests on the fetus(s)[Elizabeth miscarried]. Tina likely became pregnant before she went missing and Elizabeth became pregnant after, it made me wonder if Tina was in a relationship with the killer prior to going missing (not as likely but not impossible). Tina and Elizabeth's bodies were found an hour and 49 minutes away from each other (towns distance not actual location). What I picture here is a Ariel Castro like situation (all my opinion by the way). Multiple women are kidnapped and held captive together and both become pregnant. Maybe he's a trucker and traveled ending up in Tennessee and Kentucky for longer periods.

-Maybe looking at who Tina may have dated prior to going missing might shed some light on the killer. Terry Rasmussen AKA Bob Evans left town with a girlfriend that has yet to be found. Jack Kalhauser did the same thing as well who was recently ID'd as Brenda Gerow after being unidentified for years.

-What might place a trucker in Indiana, New Hampshire, Tennessee, and Kentucky. I don't know much about trucking obviously, but isn't there different locations for different cargo he might be hauling? No idea really. Just a thought into what clues the locations might have.

-He also might not be a trucker at all and more like Terry Rasmussen. Drifting from different locations and living under the radar.

-Another thing that's interesting is being that all the girls had red hair, it reminds me of how Ted Bundy's victims all looked similar.
I’ve been pondering your theory... it would make sense. For example, if the woman wanted to get pregnant, he may have been a sperm donor, and he wanted to have children, but the mothers refused to give custody - and they were killed.

Hey, I'm new. I have recently found myself delving into the rabbit hole that is the redhead murders. You all have done such an amazing job compling lists of women. I saw several that I had put into my own list of possible victims. I know the women range from practically all over the continintal US even though most were found in the south. Has anyody tried to create a list of missing red haired women that were never found? It is possible that there are more victims whose bodies haven't been identified. Even though the killer/s seem to have a habit of dumping the bodies off the interstate, it wouldnt be unreasonable to assume that there are victims who have not been found. Narrowing down possible, still missing victims could help narrow down the search pool. I do realize it would be difficult, because these women originated from several different states, but I would bet that at least a handfull of missing red heads that have never been found, could be victims of this "Bible Belt Killer" or anther transit killer from the same region and time period .

Hey, I'm new. I have recently found myself delving into the rabbit hole that is the redhead murders. You all have done such an amazing job compling lists of women. I saw several that I had put into my own list of possible victims. I know the women range from practically all over the continintal US even though most were found in the south. Has anyody tried to create a list of missing red haired women that were never found? It is possible that there are more victims whose bodies haven't been identified. Even though the killer/s seem to have a habit of dumping the bodies off the interstate, it wouldnt be unreasonable to assume that there are victims who have not been found. Narrowing down possible, still missing victims could help narrow down the search pool. I do realize it would be difficult, because these women originated from several different states, but I would bet that at least a handfull of missing red heads that have never been found, could be victims of this "Bible Belt Killer" or anther transit killer from the same region and time period .

Hello! And welcome to Websleuths!

I have been compiling such a list in my free time over the past few months. I have 7 excel worksheets in a document creating a timeline of missing persons compared to every Jane Doe I've gathered from this thread and arranging the pages based on age ranges and hair color. With the timeline I'm able to see gaps of missing women who have been compared to one Jane Doe but not to others even if they fit the same basic description. These worksheets allow me to see a wealth of potential comparisons and potential serial victims (since I believe more than the Bible Belt Strangler are responsible for these missing women). My plan is to share these worksheets when I complete them.

Hello! And welcome to Websleuths!

I have been compiling such a list in my free time over the past few months. I have 7 excel worksheets in a document creating a timeline of missing persons compared to every Jane Doe I've gathered from this thread and arranging the pages based on age ranges and hair color. With the timeline I'm able to see gaps of missing women who have been compared to one Jane Doe but not to others even if they fit the same basic description. These worksheets allow me to see a wealth of potential comparisons and potential serial victims (since I believe more than the Bible Belt Strangler are responsible for these missing women). My plan is to share these worksheets when I complete them.
That is wonderful. I look forward to seeing them. I have a huge list of potential poeple who are missing, but i haven't taking the time to sit down and try to really organize them yet. I'm honestly, still complaying my list, but I have a feeling yourspread sheet will be a great help. I imagine that not many people have thought to creat huge a large list. I'm trying excited to get to see it hen your finished. I wonder how many people we oth have on our lists.

I was watching a ‘Criminal Minds’ episode (I normally wouldn’t reference crime shows on this site, CSI effect and all that) but it concerned a fictional trucker who abducted women because he wanted a replacement mother for his kid. Maybe the Redhead Murders guy was focused on a family life, whether he already had children or thought these victims would produce a kid for him.

- Were any of the victims sexually assaulted? The Wetzel County victim (which may or may not be a part of this series) was not. I think the others were too decomposed to tell. If the killer already had a kid and wanted them to have a mom, sex wouldn’t presumably happen until he’d considered them ‘worthy’.

- Elizabeth Lamotte had a miscarriage. If this was the killer’s baby, her miscarrying would, in his eyes, possibly deem her ‘unworthy’.

- While this theory is a little wobbly concerning the Campbell County victim, if she was at the upper end of the age range and/or looked older, this theory still flies.

- Why did the killings – if it was a spree – suddenly stop about April ’85? Maybe he found ‘the perfect woman’.

This is an incredibly long shot, but I just thought it would be worth putting out there.

Question on DNA:

I am researching the Redhead Murders case (the series of unsolved homicides that occurred in the early to mid 1980s in Tennessee, West Virginia, and Arkansas). The clearinghouse for this case is the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Attempts to communicate with the TBI have failed. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to get law enforcement (e.g. the TBI) to test evidence (e.g. victims’ clothing) for DNA? Thanks!

P.S. Yes, I can get family member approval if needed.
P.P.S. No, I am not a member of any law enforcement organization.

In my experience (with the Utah Cold Case Coalition), it can be effective to 1) make the request on behalf of the family, and 2) offer to pay for it, and if that doesn't produce results, 3) renew interest in the case with local media, including mentioning that DNA testing may be available.

Hey, I'm new. I have recently found myself delving into the rabbit hole that is the redhead murders. You all have done such an amazing job compling lists of women. I saw several that I had put into my own list of possible victims. I know the women range from practically all over the continintal US even though most were found in the south. Has anyody tried to create a list of missing red haired women that were never found? It is possible that there are more victims whose bodies haven't been identified. Even though the killer/s seem to have a habit of dumping the bodies off the interstate, it wouldnt be unreasonable to assume that there are victims who have not been found. Narrowing down possible, still missing victims could help narrow down the search pool. I do realize it would be difficult, becaue these women originated from several different states, but I would bet that at least a handfull of missing red heads that have never been found, could be victims of this "Bible Belt Killer" or anther transit killer from the same region and time period .
I was wondering the same thing...if he were a truck driver..perhaps he changed his routes? This could explain the time span between the victims already grouped as his?

I was going to put this up yesterday, but then the site crashed.

Linked to Spree

· Wetzel County, VA – Jane Doe, approx. 35-45, found in Littleton on February 13th 1983, deceased approx. February 11th. Not sexually assaulted and as she was fairly groomed, she may not have been a transient or hitchhiker.

· Lisa Nichols, 28, West Memphis, AR – Found on Interstate 40, September 16th 1984. Had last been seen by a couple in Florida.

· Tina Farmer, 21, Jellico, TN – Found on January 1st 1985, deceased since December 29th. Last seen in Indianapolis on November 22nd accompanied by a trucker heading to Kentucky. She was 10-12 weeks pregnant when she died. (I wonder if the ME got the dating wrong on the foetus, though) Time Between Disappearance and Murder: 37 Days

· Campbell County, TN – Jane Doe, approx. 9-15, found off Big Wheel Gap on April 3rd 1985. Deceased approx. one to four years; April 1981 to April 1984.

· Cheatham County, TN – Jane Doe, approx. 31-40, found March 31st 1985, deceased approx. three to five months; October 1984 to January 1985.

· Espy Pilgrim, 35, KY – Found in a refrigerator on April 1st 1985 in Gray County, KY. May have been trying to solicit a ride over CB radio from North Carolina.

· Elizabeth Lamotte, 17, TN – Found in Greeneville, TN on April 14th 1985. Deceased approx. 3-6 weeks; February or March 1985. Had last been staying in a group home in Manchester, NH on April 6th 1985. Had been six to eight weeks pregnant, but miscarried. Can they get any DNA from the foetus, if it was there? Time Between Disappearance and Murder: At least 331 days.

Elizabeth Lamotte’s case is the big question mark out of all the big question marks in this case. If there is one guy committing all these murders, did he hold his victims for a period of time before their deaths? Concerning the dates Tina and Elizabeth were pregnant, while Tina’s baby might be ruled out as the killer’s, Elizabeth’s might be his. I understand that female transients may prostitute themselves or be raped, but we can’t rule out the theory that Elizabeth’s killer held her.

Possibly Linked to Spree (Some Suggested on this Site)

Concerning these particular missing or murdered women, some of them disappeared on the jumble of highways between Manchester and West Memphis, the furthest points if we believe one man is behind this.

· The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Patricia Taylor, 15 – I still think she is the Campbell County Jane Doe. Disappeared from Tulsa, OK on August 1st 1981.

· The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Mary Weekly, 25 – Last seen in St. Louis, MO on March 3rd 1978. Few details available.

· Rebecca Ann Crist – The Charley Project - Rebecca Crist, 25 – Disappeared from Staunton, VA on May 3rd 1988. Considered extremely unlikely to have willingly left her children. She had no family problems, as far as I can make out. Staunton is on the highway stretch.

· Sumner County: Elizabeth Diane Vaughn - Elizabeth Diane Vaughn, 28 – Disappeared from Goodlettsville, TN on June 20th 1992. Like Crist, she was not considered to be a woman who would willingly leave her children. Was probably seen in a parking lot as she got into a truck driven by a man with RED HAIR.

· Lydia Ann Perkins – The Charley Project - Lydia Perkins, 14 – Last seen in Lexington, KY on October 26th 1997. She was last spotted walking home from her boyfriend’s house. Since she stood at 4’11, she may have been mistaken for a younger child, in my opinion. One way of getting from Indianapolis to Jellico involves driving through or by Lexington.

· The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) – Nancy Baird, 23 – Disappeared from a gas station in Layton, UT on July 4th 1975. Not that close to Tennessee, but since she was a redhead who was last seen at a gas station and a truck was seen at the station around the same time, I included her nevertheless.

· The Forgotten Redhead Murders: Coincidence or Serial Killer? - InsideHook - Nancy Lynn Blankenship, 20 – Disappeared from Lavinia, TN in December 1983. She was found in the Tennessee River in 1994. However she had only been dead for five years. More importantly, she had been pregnant when she vanished. Did she have the child?

· Murder of Michelle Garvey - Wikipedia - Michelle Garvey, 15 – Disappeared from New London, CT on June 1st 1982. She might have been trying to return to New Jersey or North Carolina. She was found deceased on July 1st in Baytown, TX. She had been deceased for only hours.

· The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) and Fawn Marlene Abell – The Charley Project - Rozlin and Fawn Abell, 18 and 15 – Vanished in Bethany, OK on June 25th 1985 as they went to look for jobs.

Note that the Abell sisters disappeared together and it was after the main spree of late 1984/early 1985. Remember how I said that the killer might have been looking for a woman in particular and how he may have stopped his spree because he found someone that fitted all the categories?

Just imagine this hypothesis. I understand this is unicorns, not horses, but it can’t be 100 percent ruled out; we’ve seen crazier things. The trucker has been abducting women at a steady pace for the last few months, killing each of them when they proved ‘unworthy’ of being his companion in one way or another. He’s almost given up hope. He’s driving west one day when he stops, maybe for a refill or a bite to eat at a gas station or a diner.

He starts to set off again when he spies not one, but two young, red-haired women coming past. He hears that they’re offering to work. He thinks fast and says he needs his cab cleaning. Maybe the whole thing is littered with garbage, supporting his claim.

When the girls are distracted, he either lures or forces them inside and begins driving away. When they’re safely away from Bethany, he goes through the normal routine. He eventually decides one of them is ideal and threatens to hurt the other if the ideal girl doesn’t meet his fantasies. Maybe they both meet his fantasy and he has one as a spare.

As for what happened in the 34 years since, I have no clue.

Or maybe I’ve clearly lost it and I’m a better fiction writer than a detective.

New member. Has anyone looked into a connection between Wetzel County Jane Doe and the nefarious Hare Krishna activity/murder over in Marshall County around the same time? I have quite a bit of information on Hare Krishna crimes at the New Vrindaban commune in Marshall County.

Is it possible these Jane Does could be connected?

JANE DOE - OLIVE BRANCH, MISSISSIPPI | Federal Bureau of Investigation - Olive Branch, MS, auburn, 20-35, January 24th 1985. Died hours beforehand.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) -
Lebanon, IN, red-haired or auburn, 17-24, found May 3rd 1992. Died some days previous.

Rising Fawn Jane Doe - Rising Fawn Jane Doe, Rising Fawn, GA, 16-25, found December 16th 1988. Red-haired. Died up to a week prior.

Sampson County Jane Doe (1999) - Sampson County Jane Doe, Dunn, NC, 17-25, found July 20th 1999. Red-haired. Died around two months previously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back