KY KY - Samantha Dawn Bratcher, 32, Central City, 5 Nov 2021 *missing left eye*

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Family still searching for Samantha Bratcher

Samantha Dawn Bratcher – The Charley Project

1670652875637.png1670652884581.png1670652893003.png1670652901844.png1670652914597.png

• Missing Since 11/05/2021
  • Missing From Central City, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/19/1989 (33)
  • Age 32 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3 - 5'5, 150 - 170 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black hooded sweatshirt, faded jeans and white Nike sneakers with a pink swoosh.
  • Medical Conditions Butler suffers from multiple mental health issues. She had her left eye removed ten days prior to her disappearance.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Silver 2004 Nissan Altima
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. Bratcher's left eye is missing, and she wasn't wearing a prosthetic at the time of her disappearance. She may use the last names Langley and/or Smith. Her ears and tongue are pierced. She has a tattoo of writing on her thigh; a photo of it is posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance​

Bratcher was last seen in Central City, Kentucky on November 5, 2021. She was driving a silver 2004 Nissan Altima at the time. She was supposedly dropped off at a Jumpin' Jack's truck stop in the 2300 block of South Main Street in Morgantown, Kentucky, but this hasn't been confirmed; video surveillance cameras at the truck stop showed no sign of her.

She has never been heard from again. She left behind two young children. Few details are available in her case, but foul play is suspected.

Investigating Agency​

• Muhlenberg County Sherriff Office 270-338-3345

Source Information​

It starts out that she’s driving, then it says she was dropped off. Who dropped her off? Why was she dropped off? Did she work there?

I'd imagine that if she had an eye removed less than two weeks earlier, it would have been pretty hard to drive. I know that people with one eye CAN drive, but usually there is an adjustment period as you try to to anticipate your blind spots, etc. She literally had no time for any of that. Not to mention, she was probably still experiencing swelling and pain.

It starts out that she’s driving, then it says she was dropped off. Who dropped her off? Why was she dropped off? Did she work there?
I was wondering the same thing. Who did the car belong to? Especially if it sounds like someone said they dropped her off, yet; the video apparently didn’t show that.

if you search for samantha bratcher on social media, there is a liiittle more info but not a lot. :/ her mom & sister are very actively looking for her, and samantha's 2 kids miss her deeply.

Family still searching for Samantha Bratcher | Eyewitness News (WEHT/WTVW) (tristatehomepage.com)

For nearly half of a year, Bratcher’s family’s life has been on hold as they’ve been searching for her. Bratcher turned 33 on April 19 and one of her two children asked to throw her a birthday party.

“She’s like ‘Aunt Casee, Mama’s birthday is coming up,'” said Casee Ewing, Samantha’s sister. “She says ‘can we all get together and do something for Mama’s birthday?’ Those kids don’t ever ask for that much. You know, and all they want is their mama home. I figure if I could do just a little bit of something, just to let them remember their mama, it’d be worth it. We decided to celebrate her birthday and memories and let people come out and sign the birthday cards and eat cake and share stories about her.”

Scott Heltsley works for Jodi Powers Search and Rescue who has teamed up with the Muhlenberg County Sheriff’s Office on the case. He says they have received several tips in the past months.

“We have covered probably 30 miles of river,”
said Heltsley. “We have an underwater camera, we’ve checked 10 or 15 wells, and miles of roadside, turnarounds, coal mine property, just about anything you can imagine between here and where she were reportedly missing from. We work with law enforcement and when they feel like something’s credible, we’ll check those areas and report back to them and give them information.”

None of the tips have brought them to Bratcher, and her family is begging for more information.

“I mean if someone would just come forward and give them something solid to go on,” said Tonya Smith, Bratcher’s mom. “So that we can find her. Instead of just the lies and the stories, just come forward and talk.”

Reactions: nao
Central City to Morgantown is roughly a 35min drive. (just some info)
What I am wondering is how it came to be the report states she was driving her car but was dropped off 35 MI away. Is her car missing? Who was driving her car? Where was the last place she was seen either by video or a credible person? There is a lot of missing info here as well

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back