KY KY - Samantha Jones Sperry, 25, Graves County, 29 March 2018

I hope this link works (I've never posted a link before ).

"Kentucky State Police is investigating Graves County Sheriff Dewayne Redmon.

Drug Enforcement Special Investigations Unit Sergeant Dean Patterson confirms they have an open criminal drug-related investigation on the sheriff.

Patterson says they will present their findings to the grand jury in Graves County later this month."

Graves County sheriff under investigation

The Sheriff was indicted on August 17th.

Graves sheriff indicted on drug charge

A Graves County grand jury on Friday indicted Graves County Sheriff Dewayne Redmon for an alleged drug-related offense.

The grand jury issued an indictment on a charge of first-degree possession of a controlled substance, first offense (drug unspecified) after its deliberations Friday morning. In addition, it also issued an indictment on a charge of official misconduct.

The first indictment stems from activity alleged to have occurred on or before July 18. The grand jury report indicates that the drug in question was Hydrocodone, a schedule II controlled substance.

They finally have her in NAMUS...

Missing Person Case

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Samantha, 25, was reportedly last seen in Graves County, Kentucky on the morning of Wednesday, March 28, 2018, according to Graves County Chief Deputy Sheriff Davant Ramage. Samantha Sperry and her boyfriend had a verbal altercation at 4250 Tim Rd. Sperry got on a four wheeler with her boyfriend's father and they got stuck. The father advised they got lost in the woods, where they stayed all night and began to walk out the next morning. The father stated upon walking out, they came out at the Kaler Bottoms by the bridge near KY 131 and KY 849. He told Sperry they could walk to the Kaler Mart where they could get warm and get something to eat. Sperry told him she was going to a family member's house and went toward KY 849 walking. He went towards the Kaler Mart which was the last time he saw her.

We all hope if Redmond gets a conviction KBI or KSP will step in.
Redmond plead not guilty and will appear again in November.
All dna evidence still has not been processed and basically everything has been on hold especially since the investigation into Redmond started. Which in my opinion is crazy since Graves isn’t doing his investigation.

Update as of 10-22-18
We are 5 days shy of Samantha missing 7 months

Graves County Sheriffs Office released a statement on their FB page and to the media WPSD our Local News Station being one of those outlets. When I have a moment I will link to the article or one of you kind people can.
A couple of the biggest statements made in this release was 1- they knew that there was only one set of footprints around the four wheeler that was stuck in the woods and one set of footprints leading out of the woods meaning that Dusty Holder was not telling the truth about Samantha leaving the woods with him.
2- there had been small fire by the 4 wheeler matching his story saying he built a fire for heat. Recovered from IN the fire was 2 cell phones said to be Holders and those are in processing
3- they don’t know if Samantha was ever in the woods or at least where Dusty Holder stated.
4- They didn’t search the woods for Rhen because he was supposed to be armed and had a history of being violent with cops even though Samantha could have been in there.
5- recently recovered possible evidence from another county ( maybe Murray where she lived)
I’m sure there is more but my brain is fried at this point.

Thank you so much for putting the GCSO page up. The comments will give people so much more insight to what actually happened than what I felt I could post because of TOS

There is a new story out today based on a lengthy statement on the Graves County Sheriff's FB page ... (Thanks @oneangelinheaven for mentioning it)

Graves County Sheriff's Department gives detailed update in search for Samantha Sperry

The entirety of the Graves County Sheriff's FB post is in the article but here is a link to the Sheriff's FB post as well.
Graves County Sheriff's Office

Update as of 10-22-18
We are 5 days shy of Samantha missing 7 months

Graves County Sheriffs Office released a statement on their FB page and to the media WPSD our Local News Station being one of those outlets. When I have a moment I will link to the article or one of you kind people can.
A couple of the biggest statements made in this release was 1- they knew that there was only one set of footprints around the four wheeler that was stuck in the woods and one set of footprints leading out of the woods meaning that Dusty Holder was not telling the truth about Samantha leaving the woods with him.
2- there had been small fire by the 4 wheeler matching his story saying he built a fire for heat. Recovered from IN the fire was 2 cell phones said to be Holders and those are in processing
3- they don’t know if Samantha was ever in the woods or at least where Dusty Holder stated.
4- They didn’t search the woods for Rhen because he was supposed to be armed and had a history of being violent with cops even though Samantha could have been in there.
5- recently recovered possible evidence from another county ( maybe Murray where she lived)
I’m sure there is more but my brain is fried at this point.
I appreciate you taking the time. I know none of this is what you would ever want to go through.

I appreciate you taking the time. I know none of this is what you would ever want to go through.

No family or friends should ever have to go through something like this. I was brought to WS following a case of a missing child. Then within months Samantha happened. I gained so much knowledge from so many people, not just here but on FB and search and rescue groups prior to her going missing, I utilized those tools but it’s different when it’s people you love and care about.
It’s different when you see protocols not being followed. It’s a helpless feeling. I come back and I make suggestions or comments on posts of other missing persons but sometimes I just feel helpless

No family or friends should ever have to go through something like this. I was brought to WS following a case of a missing child. Then within months Samantha happened. I gained so much knowledge from so many people, not just here but on FB and search and rescue groups prior to her going missing, I utilized those tools but it’s different when it’s people you love and care about.
It’s different when you see protocols not being followed. It’s a helpless feeling. I come back and I make suggestions or comments on posts of other missing persons but sometimes I just feel helpless

I'm so sorry you are going through this but thank you for being here and keeping us updated.
Praying for you that this season of your life will not last long and that Samantha will be found soon so that you at least have a resolution. Praying also for justice.

Samantha, 25 at the time, was reportedly last seen in Graves County, Kentucky on the morning of Wednesday, March 28, 2018. In May, authorities told Dateline that the last person to see the young mother alive was Samantha’s boyfriend’s father, Dusty Holder. Dusty told police that he and Samantha had spent the night before sleeping on a four-wheeler in the woods. In the morning, he says Samantha took off in one direction and he went in the other. Samantha hasn’t been seen since. Through recent search warrants, the Graves County Sheriff’s Department told Dateline they have collected and sent more than 30 pieces of evidence for examination in connection with Samantha’s disappearance; some of the evidence is still being processed, but so far no lab results have come back as matching Samantha. Police say they are currently working with the Kentucky State Police to try to triangulate cellphones to get a clear picture of people’s whereabouts at various time frames surrounding Samantha’s disappearance. Police also say they have questioned both Samantha’s boyfriend Rhen Hendrickson and his father Dusty multiple times and both have passed polygraph tests. There have been no arrests or persons of interest named in connection to Samantha’s disappearance. West Kentucky Crime Stoppers and the family of Samantha Sperry are offering a $5,000 reward to the person or persons who provide information to law enforcement which results in discovering Samantha’s location, or results in the arrest and conviction of the person or persons involved with her disappearance.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

I guess a few updates related to this case are in order.

The Sheriff that was facing charges died back in February. And there is a new appointed Sheriff.
Coroner: Graves’ Redmon died of natural causes

Dewayne Redmon, who earned a third term in November after a very heated re-election campaign, died in the pre-dawn hours Saturday at his home in the Fancy Farm community of the county west of Mayfield. Graves County Coroner Brad Jones confirmed Saturday afternoon that he had pronounced Redmon dead at 12:30 a.m.​

Hayden comes out of retirement to serve as Graves County interim sheriff

After weeks without a leader, the Graves County Sheriff’s Department has a new interim sheriff, and he’s promising to be more transparent with you. Retired McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden — a native of Graves County — was sworn in as interim sheriff Thursday.​

There is a candle light vigil planned for Samantha.
Candlelight Vigil For Missing Woman Samantha Sperry On March 27

The stepfather of a Murray woman who went missing last March is coordinating a candlelight vigil on March 27.

DH was allegedly the last person to see Sperry after a four-wheeler ride into the woods in Kaler, Kentucky. He claims he last saw her walking South on State Route 131. The vigil will take place on that highway at an auction barn in Kaler. It will begin at 6:30 p.m.
And a new article.
Samantha Sperry’s Family Seeks Closure A Year After Her Disappearance

Following the appointment of an interim sheriff in Graves County, the stepfather of a Murray woman who went missing in the county last March said he’s hoping for resolution to the investigation.​

AVA is planning a candlelight vigil on March 27 for Samantha Sperry. She was reported missing on March 29 and her case drew national attention on NBC’s ‘Dateline.’ The Graves County Sheriff’s Department is still investigating, but AVA said former sheriff Dewayne Redmon “dropped the ball.”​

“Nothing was really being done,” AVA said. “Her case file wasn’t really being put together until after he got in trouble for what he was indicted for.”​

Hopefully, with the changes at the Sheriff's Department in Graves County we will see some movement in Samantha's case.

West Kentucky Star - News

Several different law enforcement agencies were in Graves County on Monday searching for a woman who went missing more than a year ago.

Graves County Sheriff Jon Hayden said his office, along with several other agencies, searched the areas known to be where Samantha Sperry was last seen. Hayden said the task force of officers wanted to take a fresh look at everything, including the Kaler bottoms area. Hayden didn't release any further details.

Those assisting in Monday's search include the Kentucky State Police, Calloway County Sheriff's Office, McCracken County Sheriff's Office, the Graves County Rescue Squad, Calloway County Fire and Rescue, Graves County Emergency Management and the Mayfield Police Department.

[...]

RSBM

Those assisting in Monday's search include the Kentucky State Police, Calloway County Sheriff's Office, McCracken County Sheriff's Office, the Graves County Rescue Squad, Calloway County Fire and Rescue, Graves County Emergency Management and the Mayfield Police Department.

I'm glad to see more than Graves County involved this time around. It's time for Samantha's family and friends to have closure IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back