Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it difficult to believe as well, and to me, it casts aspersions on the rest of the article.

Unless SS was deliberately avoiding prenatal care, I can think of no reason why she wouldn’t have known she was having twins.

Is that confirmed that she didn't know she was having twins? Could it have been it taken out of context, as in she didn't plan on twins (not something that can be controlled)? She didn't have fertility treatments that would make her more likely to have twins. Is it possible she didn't qualify for medicaid? Does her ex have health insurance that would cover unborn children. Her prenatal care was his responsibility too.

I do think the article may have cherry picked some stuff going around on SM bc that was one that I definitely read a few different times. Would it be common for an ultrasound to miss twins early in a pregnancy?

No it wouldn’t. A first ultrasound isn’t usually performed until 8 weeks after last menstrual period, at which point yolk sacs are clearly visible. This just seems false to me, or at least a dramatic exaggeration.

Is that confirmed that she didn't know she was having twins? Could it have been it taken out of context, as in she didn't plan on twins (not something that can be controlled)? She didn't have fertility treatments that would make her more likely to have twins. Is it possible she didn't qualify for medicaid? Does her ex have health insurance that would cover unborn children. Her prenatal care was his responsibility too.

It was in that daily mail article from earlier. I went back and read it just now and they quoted her friend saying it. Here’s a picture of the quote, it’s in the last paragraph. I think she would automatically qualify for passport or Medicaid since she was pregnant. She would’ve had to have gotten a form filled out by the doctor and then taken it to the case worker. The insurance for pregnant women that the state provides covers basically every thing. I don’t know if she just didnt go to any Drs appointments at all or what it means. When I was pregnant, I had an ultrasound at my very first visit and I was only 7 wks along. Maybe it’s one of the bad decisions her dad was talking about?

Attachments

• 81EDAF43-EE3B-4CC2-849C-0A8C4F85CF10.png
    81EDAF43-EE3B-4CC2-849C-0A8C4F85CF10.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 44
Those side by side pics of her in new DM article so not even look remotely like the same person...

I wish they had been using a current pic from the start...but no, had to go with the glamour shot. Really ridiculous and the opposite of productive, by the media to keep pushing the blond, fully made-up shots. No one who may have seen her around the time she vanished would recognize her. Jmo

Random late night thought about missing persons. I can’t inmagine being a missing person and having all my privacy surface in the public eye. Whatever the case of SS personal issues I sure hope people will continue to search for her and seek answers that relate to the facts on the nite she disappeared. Moo

Last edited:
Unless it’s drastically different from my state, her ex would not legally be responsible for unborn children/SS prenatal care at all. They weren’t married, so the only way he’d have any control over the twins at all is by getting a paternity test done &/or signing legally binding documents accepting responsibility for the child(ren). If SS wasn’t in agreement, this could easily go on for months. His insurance could only cover their older son at that point.

IMO, I think she would qualify at least for “pregnancy-related Medicaid”. She would have to want it & apply for it herself though. I’m so thankful I applied for this myself when I was pregnant, despite thinking I wouldn’t be approved. I had a good, full-time job & also my own (BCBS) private insurance. Medicaid paid every dollar for every appointment, delivery, etc. that wasn’t covered by my insurance. They also paid every dollar of a $175,000 NICU bill for my son. I’m a single mom (as is/was SS), so they take that into account. I would be paying that bill off for the rest of my life if I hadn’t gotten it. The Medicaid was cut off 60 days after my son was born bc I didn’t qualify for regular Medicaid. They did pay for birth control for up to 2 years though. Anyway, going way O/T. Sorry!

Unless it’s drastically different from my state, her ex would not legally be responsible for unborn children/SS prenatal care at all. They weren’t married, so the only way he’d have any control over the twins at all is by getting a paternity test done &/or signing legally binding documents accepting responsibility for the child(ren). If SS wasn’t in agreement, this could easily go on for months. His insurance could only cover their older son at that point.

IMO, I think she would qualify at least for “pregnancy-related Medicaid”. She would have to want it & apply for it herself though. I’m so thankful I applied for this myself when I was pregnant, despite thinking I wouldn’t be approved. I had a good, full-time job & also my own (BCBS) private insurance. Medicaid paid every dollar for every appointment, delivery, etc. that wasn’t covered by my insurance. They also paid every dollar of a $175,000 NICU bill for my son. I’m a single mom (as is/was SS), so they take that into account. I would be paying that bill off for the rest of my life if I hadn’t gotten it. The Medicaid was cut off 60 days after my son was born bc I didn’t qualify for regular Medicaid. They did pay for birth control for up to 2 years though. Anyway, going way O/T. Sorry!
Great post @Southern_Girl ! Good for you for using your resources!
BAck on topic- has there been any word about today’s search and if it is still on?
Thank you

After 5 weeks, with unsuccessful searches, most probably what remains of her is in some out of the way place that no deliberate search will reveal. As in many other cases, she will turn up-probably someone will stumble upon her. It depends on what great lengths her abductor (s) will go to conceal the crime. Sometimes the kidnapper will go back periodically to keep the area (grave) concealed to make discovery difficult. Bodies have even been stripped so that no connection can be made between clothes, jewelry, etc. and the victim, making it so that dental records are the only identifying factor. Whoever hid her was resourceful, has a good sense of the area, and understands the odds of her remains being discovered.

It was in that daily mail article from earlier. I went back and read it just now and they quoted her friend saying it. Here’s a picture of the quote, it’s in the last paragraph. I think she would automatically qualify for passport or Medicaid since she was pregnant. She would’ve had to have gotten a form filled out by the doctor and then taken it to the case worker. The insurance for pregnant women that the state provides covers basically every thing. I don’t know if she just didnt go to any Drs appointments at all or what it means. When I was pregnant, I had an ultrasound at my very first visit and I was only 7 wks along. Maybe it’s one of the bad decisions her dad was talking about?

I get the feeling this wasn’t a planned pregnancy and it might have sent her in a tailspin, along with possible PPD issues. Having had 2 other pregnancies, she might have felt like she didn’t need the care. I have had 3 pregnancies spaced similar to her (around 2 years apart) and after the first, the appointments did seem a bit excessive. I still went to all, but I could see how she might skip some if she was in a downward spiral.

That being said, it’s also possible they missed a twin. First trimester ultrasounds aren’t always done if you have regular periods and they have a good idea of due date. There is always a 20week ultrasound though to check that the baby is growing appropriately. Twins can be hidden (especially fraternal) but I would think it is not common. During all three of my pregnancies the doctor checked baby’s placement starting around 30 weeks at every appointment just by feel. This would be another point a doctor might feel a twin, but maybe if the twin was behind the other?

I do think the article may have cherry picked some stuff going around on SM bc that was one that I definitely read a few different times. Would it be common for an ultrasound to miss twins early in a pregnancy?
I have identical twin sisters. My mother didn't know until they were born as 'idents' share the same placenta and technology wasn't nearly as advanced years ago. :D

It isn't typical or common now to miss twins with regularly scheduled ultrasounds, almost impossible after 20 weeks, but it can happen . Twins can be 'hiding' behind each other and even if the tech was hearing 2 heartbeats they can sometimes chalk that up to 'echoing'.

It could also depend the level and frequency of healthcare SS was getting. U/S done by doctors in the room during a regular, cursory exam are not always as detailed and involved as those done by trained u/s techs. IMO <I have Healthcare experience in Hospital/Radiology Information Systems IRL>

HTH

I get the feeling this wasn’t a planned pregnancy and it might have sent her in a tailspin, along with possible PPD issues. Having had 2 other pregnancies, she might have felt like she didn’t need the care. I have had 3 pregnancies spaced similar to her (around 2 years apart) and after the first, the appointments did seem a bit excessive. I still went to all, but I could see how she might skip some if she was in a downward spiral.

That being said, it’s also possible they missed a twin. First trimester ultrasounds aren’t always done if you have regular periods and they have a good idea of due date. There is always a 20week ultrasound though to check that the baby is growing appropriately. Twins can be hidden (especially fraternal) but I would think it is not common. During all three of my pregnancies the doctor checked baby’s placement starting around 30 weeks at every appointment just by feel. This would be another point a doctor might feel a twin, but maybe if the twin was behind the other?
Hah! I didn't see your post until I posted my response. Get outta my head CMO3 or maybe I should get outta yours :p

OH DEAR ME, did anyone else catch this from the DM article???

DailyMail.com has learned that searchers found a scrap of material the same color as the skirt Savannah was wearing the night she disappeared. It was found over the weekend in an area not far from the rural home, near one of many ponds in this stretch of countryside.

It has been bagged as evidence and sent for testing and police have released pictures of the purse she was carrying and her cell phone, neither of which have been found.

Just wondering if the search has started this morning? How's the weather there today?

9866156-0-image-a-1_1550245527764.jpg

Best friend of missing Savannah Spurlock reveals the mom was left alone after arguing with a friend | Daily Mail Online

Well obviously this outfit, which looks like it could be a one piece dress vs skirt & top, is the same one that SS was wearing the night she went missing and was worn by her another time that she and her friends went out together. I'd say this pic it is dated well before SS even got pregnant with the twins. That explains why the fit is so different (newly post baby body), her hair is blonde here.

Sorry if you guys already established this, I've not been able to follow as closely the past couple of weeks.

9866156-0-image-a-1_1550245527764.jpg

Best friend of missing Savannah Spurlock reveals the mom was left alone after arguing with a friend | Daily Mail Online

Well obviously this outfit, which looks like it could be a one piece dress vs skirt & top, is the same one that SS was wearing the night she went missing and was worn by her another time that she and her friends went out together. I'd say this pic it is dated well before SS even got pregnant with the twins. That explains why the fit is so different (newly post baby body), her hair is blonde here.

Sorry if you guys already established this, I've not been able to follow as closely the past couple of weeks.
I agree that it’s the same outfit, but most definitely taken at a different date. I also think it may be a dress, rather than 2 separate pieces. I’ve said a few times that I would wear something like this myself, but (until now) never mentioned that I have an almost identical dress.

I agree that it’s the same outfit, but most definitely taken at a different date. I also think it may be a dress, rather than 2 separate pieces. I’ve said a few times that I would wear something like this myself, but (until now) never mentioned that I have an almost identical dress.
I'd def have worn something like this 10 years ago. LOL

Poor SS, she was such a young mother, and then again, and then again with twins. She had so much on her plate and without a strong support system from the baby daddies, and financially I'm sure she struggled. Just trying to juggle being young and being a Mom, which by all accounts we've seen, she loved was really good at would have been stressful.

Just so sad. Please, please let them find her soon!

OH DEAR ME, did anyone else catch this from the DM article???

DailyMail.com has learned that searchers found a scrap of material the same color as the skirt Savannah was wearing the night she disappeared. It was found over the weekend in an area not far from the rural home, near one of many ponds in this stretch of countryside.

It has been bagged as evidence and sent for testing and police have released pictures of the purse she was carrying and her cell phone, neither of which have been found.

Earlier in the week, radar put out an article about clothes being found and sent in to the lab. They quoted the SAR commander as the source. The SAR team and Commander ended up refuting what was said in the radar article and said that he had never spoke with them. I’ve included a ss. Later that day, Daily Mail started circulating the same information as radar, and I’m assuming it was bc radar had initially put it out there.

Attachments

• 8672520E-0356-4563-A54A-BFA0825F5105.png
    8672520E-0356-4563-A54A-BFA0825F5105.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 12
Just wondering if the search has started this morning? How's the weather there today?

I’ve copied from equusearch’s SM page. Looks like it’s going to be limited.

“Search update. There is snow on the ground in Lancaster. DO NOT BRING ATVs for searching. The roads have ice and snow in spots. Limited foot searching will be done at this time. Please watch our page for continued updates. Thank you”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase