Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentuckian here. I was absolutely expecting SS to be just another missing person from our state who would never be found. I hope it’s some small consolation to her family to know the final outcome rather than just spend their whole lives wondering. I can’t imagine being in either situation.

I don’t think the “unnatural position” means she was moved. A concealed burial is definitely not a hallmark of a natural death and that’s how I interpret it.

It was so cold when they were initially searching. Are dogs trained to find a frozen corpse? I feel like that could be why she was overlooked.

A few days ago, Savannah's Aunt wrote an Op-Ed asking any Kentuckian to be brave, and tell what they might know that might lead to recovering SS.

I was also surprised at the number of missing women she cited --and missing for years! May they never be forgotten.

Thanks and acknowledgment to all the searchers.

MOO

Now I’m curious if LE smelled the same thing the homeowner reported to his attorney? Was there really a smell at all - fairly late IMO if so ...
Weds evening news reporter made two points -- SS was reported missing on the coldest day, and remains located on the hottest day this year. Not certain how deep SS was buried or if heat created more stench. MOO

A few days ago, Savannah's Aunt wrote an Op-Ed asking any Kentuckian to be brave, and tell what they might know that might lead to recovering SS.

I was also surprised at the number of missing women she cited --and missing for years! May they never be forgotten.

Thanks and acknowledgment to all the searchers.

MOO

It is eerie how many missing persons cold cases there are right now.

There is a local mom who lived in my town and who has been missing for over a year now. She has a thread in here- Samantha Sperry. That case is super frustrating.

I’m glad Savannah has been found. I know it doesn’t provide closure or peace, but at least the family and friends aren’t plagued by the unknowing of where she is. I, too, thought this may not be solved for years. I’m so grateful she can now be laid to rest properly. jmo

Weds evening news reporter made two points -- SS was reported missing on the coldest day, and remains located on the hottest day this year. Not certain how deep SS was buried or if heat created more stench. MOO
Curious were any LE wearing masks ? I’m considering the possibility there was not a smell ... I’m having a hard time with this gap if she was on the property the past few months it doesn’t take months for a thaw to take place does it? What else can account for this new smell? JMO

If anyone hasn’t seen the video from her aunt on the missing Savannah fbook page I highly recommend it.

Tough to watch, but a good reminder what these poor families go through!

I’m not sure we are allowed to link it here, but “just go watch it” and make sure you are sitting down when you do!

Truly heartbreaking

I wonder if the other guys knew anything or not.
I do as well. I’m choosing to try to keep an open mind on this. I’ve no doubt they at least had suspicions. We never really know another person. Friends do things that none of their close friends would ever have thought possible. I’ve been like that my whole adult life. (Though, not a murderer or criminal, obviously.) Perhaps, he was the one tasked with taking her back to car, and just didn’t do so. I’m not sure what to believe here. With the FaceTime call Savannah made that night, you’d think any or all of those dudes wouldn’t have did anything nefarious to her. Ugh. jmo

Curious were any LE wearing masks ? I’m considering the possibility there was not a smell ... I’m having a hard time with this gap if she was on the property the past few months it doesn’t take months for a thaw to take place does it? What else can account for this new smell? JMO

I have honestly wondered if there really was a smell or if that’s just what was told to the lawyer.

Jmo

If anyone hasn’t seen the video from her aunt on the missing Savannah fbook page I highly recommend it.

Tough to watch, but a good reminder what these poor families go through!

I’m not sure we are allowed to link it here, but “just go watch it” and make sure you are sitting down when you do!

Truly heartbreaking
Yeah, you’re right. Heartbreaking. If anyone wants to watch it, the page has posted that they will be taking the fb page in the morning.

Chad K. Mills‏Verified account @ChadKMills
Moments ago, a line of investigators entered the property wearing forensic coveralls (full-body white suits). The lights are now on inside the house. The backyard is also illuminated with work lights. @WDRBNews

7:43 PM - 10 Jul 2019 pst

I'm not certain about masks, but reporters cited appearance of haz-mat gear being used.

Also, I'm wondering if somehow the burial site was recently unearthed or disturbed. Either summer gardening, lawn care, 4th of July festivities, etc. I recall aerial view of backyard net. MOO

Does anyone know how long it takes to identity a cause of death after such bad decomposition?
If it was knife or firearm, it's can be determined pretty much at the conclusion of the autopsy by examining clothing (tears, holes, etc) against damage to bone. A hyoid bone does not always break with strangulation despite what you read in books. However, the absence of this finding does not exclude strangulation as a cause of death. The reasons why some hyoids fracture and others do not may relate to the nature and magnitude of force applied to the neck, age of the victim, nature of the instrument (ligature or hands) used to strangle, and intrinsic anatomic features of the hyoid bone. With the level of decomp Conjunctival or facial petechial hemorrhages are likely not going to be observed. Foreign body (blood, vomit, tissue) in oropharynx can be indicative of strangulation. If they don't find anything at autopsy and do bloodwork to determine if an overdose occurred the results can take weeks.

I'm not certain about masks, but reporters cited appearance of haz-mat gear being used.

Also, I'm wondering if somehow the burial site was recently unearthed or disturbed. Either summer gardening, lawn care, 4th of July festivities, etc. I recall aerial view of backyard net. MOO
They don't wear the masks due to smell. They wear the protective gear due to the possible exposure to biohazard with exposed remains. It's
not pleasant on a hot day, but necessary.

Last edited:
I have honestly wondered if there really was a smell or if that’s just what was told to the lawyer.

Jmo
Decomposition – The Forensics Library

Pretty graphic - is there a possibility she was held for awhile ? Based on what I’ve read on decomposing bodies a smell after this period of time just doesn’t make sense without other factors IMO - I guess we wait.

Decomposition – The Forensics Library

Pretty graphic - is there a possibility she was held for awhile ? Based on what I’ve read on decomposing bodies a smell after this period of time just doesn’t make sense without other factors IMO - I guess we wait.

I think she was killed b4 she was even reported missing jmo

The video of the plain clothes officers standing beside the shed before the warrant was served, sure didn’t seem like the smell was too bothersome imo

Just shedding some light on a term unusual to me -- for information purposes only. Not saying this applicable, as used in reporting about Savannah. MOO

"Body found in unnatural position"

Appears this term follows the aged Principles and Practices of Medical Jurisprudence:

"....where persons were convicted of murder upon some loose evidence --principally on the ground that the unnatural position in which the deceased's body was found, could only be explained on the supposition of murderous interference."

However, also provides that caution is especially required in the cases of drunkards, for the body of a person who dies in a fit of drunkenness, may be found contorted and disposed in a way which might be apparently incompatible with either accident or suicide.

The Principles and Practice of Medical Jurisprudence

66855889_440952813424031_7928597335943151616_n.jpg

#SAVANNAH STRONG

Always and forever.....

I think she was killed b4 she was even reported missing jmo

The video of the plain clothes officers standing beside the shed before the warrant was served, sure didn’t seem like the smell was too bothersome imo

I agree @ab01.

If the suspect's parent contacted an attorney, I especially believe it would be much easier for that attorney to summon LE to their residence for a suspicious, foul odor, than to turn in their child.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member