GUILTY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #7 *Arrest*

@MarieWS - good to hear he has plead guilty. Any news on "when" he will be sentenced? The article in the above post doesn't say - but then I couldn't access it directly - had to put it in Outline - and they stuff out.

TIA for anyone who can read the actual article!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

He will be sentenced December 17th. Recommended sentence is 50 yrs.

That is good news. No trial to endure for her loved ones.

Man pleads guilty to murder of Kentucky mother Savannah Spurlock

The plea deal agrees to a 50-year prison sentence for murder, plus another five for tampering and one year for abuse of a corpse. According to court documents, those charges will run concurrent.

Sparks would be eligible parole after serving 20% of his recommended 50-year sentence.

"I needed him to admit to intentionally causing her death, because that's what he did, and that's exactly admitted to doing," Commonwealth's Attorney Andy Sims told WDRB News.

I am disappointed that no charges can be brought against the men who were with Sparks, and shared videos.

And, I'd love to slap Sparks brother.
I recall that LE was protective of the identity of the men from the beginning and not sure they did anything criminal to warrant charges. Nonetheless, I believe they were most likely witnesses for the State. MOO

Man pleads guilty to murder of Kentucky mother Savannah Spurlock

Dec 2, 2020

The plea deal agrees to a 50-year prison sentence for murder, plus another five for tampering and one year for abuse of a corpse. According to court documents, those charges will run concurrent.

Sparks would be eligible parole after serving 20% of his recommended 50-year sentence.

"I needed him to admit to intentionally causing her death, because that's what he did, and that's exactly admitted to doing," Commonwealth's Attorney Andy Sims told WDRB News.

Spurlock, 22, went missing on Jan. 4, 2019, after a night out at The Other Bar in Lexington. She was last seen on surveillance video leaving the bar with three men, including Sparks.

Kentucky State Police said her badly decomposed body was discovered in July 2019 in a shallow grave at the home of Sparks' parents in Garrard County.

David Sparks pleads guilty to Savannah Spurlock's murder nearly two years after her disappearance

If he's never paroled, David Sparks won't be a free man again until soon after turning 75. Sparks (25) agreed to a 50-year prison sentence for his role in the disappearance and death of a then-23-year-old Savannah Spurlock.

Judge Hunter Daugherty accepted Sparks' change of plea in Garrard County Circuit court on Tuesday. Sparks also pled guilty to charges of evidence tampering and abuse of a corpse as part of the deal. Those charges combine to carry a sentence of six years, which will run concurrent to the 50-years Sparks will serve for murder.

I recall that LE was protective of the identity of the men from the beginning and not sure they did anything criminal to warrant charges. Nonetheless, I believe they were most likely witnesses for the State. MOO

I know you're right. It wasn't criminal but it was wrong.
It happens all the time on social media but she was missing and dead.

So happy her family can finally get some closure, I really didn’t predict he would plead guilty. Such an unnecessary act and multiple young lives forever impacted. Is there still a legit link somewhere to donate to her children? Sorry if I am not allowed to ask that here. Savannah’s case and baby Evelyn have really haunted my soul.

I'm glad this p o s plead guilty and at least saved Savannah's family from having to endure a trial.

I don't think 50 years is long enough if he will be eligible for parole after serving only 10 years, no way is that justice for Savannah IMO.

Blessings to her children and family.

I'm glad this p o s plead guilty and at least saved Savannah's family from having to endure a trial.

I don't think 50 years is long enough if he will be eligible for parole after serving only 10 years, no way is that justice for Savannah IMO.

Blessings to her children and family.
Fortunately, being eligible for parole and actually getting out are two different things.

I have no doubt that Savannah's family and as well as her beautiful children will voice their disgust of the defendant and his crime at any parole hearing in the next 10, 20, 30 years, etc.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QhuinneMABB
Back