Found Deceased KY - Shadow McClaine, 25, Clarksville, 2 Sept 2016 *Arrests*

It has taken me a bit to be able to process the news before I could post. Like many here, the news hit me hard. I, too, held on to a faint hope that our Shadow would be found alive even though I was painfully aware of the most probable scenario related to her disappearance. There has not been a day that I have not thought of her and will continue to keep vigil regarding the trials of the named suspects in her disappearance. May military justice be swift.
Fly high, our sweet Shadow. You were loved and cared for by many that never got to meet you on this side.

After the massive fires in that area of TN, I'm not feeling hopefully of anyone finding Shadow now. :( I think after reading Shadow adamantly defending herself against those claims online, many felt as I did, the ex was framing her and the military was taking his side. If only someone in charge had listened to Shadow!!

I don't know if things have changed, or I have it wrong, but I don't think you can sue the military. I only have personal knowledge of two incidents within hospitals where deaths occurred in one, and the other left the female permanently in a vegetative state, and neither family could sue. I know suing doesn't bring back a life, but it does hold people accountable for their actions or lack of.

As we enter yet another holiday without Shadow, I hope the perps are enjoying military prison, and never get released, and I pray that somehow, someway, Shadow's family can learn to breath again, find some happiness in life, as they grieve. Such a tragedy that could have been prevented IMO!

There were nothing more than small brush fires in this area. The big fires were in far east Tennessee, about three hours away. This is the western edge of Middle Tennessee.

As for her body, I'd read in local reports that someone unrelated to the investigation located her 15-20 feet off of the interstate ramp, behind a cedar tree. The exit where she was found is rural, with no businesses along it, and very few houses. I spotted orange markers in the trees when I passed by it the other day and wondered if they were marking where she was found.

I was thinking about Shadow today and decided to see if there were any updates. This was in April:

Pretrial Hearing Ends for GIs Charged in Murder Case

Military.com | 13 Apr 2017 | by Matthew Cox

Army officials at Fort Campbell in Kentucky recently concluded a pretrial hearing for two 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) soldiers accused of kidnapping and murdering a female 101st soldier.

The Article 32 preliminary hearing to decide whether Sgt. Jamal Williams-McCray and Spc. Charles Robinson will face courts-martial was held Monday and Tuesday, just over two months after the skeletal remains of 25-year-old Pfc. Shadow McClaine were discovered in Tennessee in late January.
"Williams-McCray is charged with Article 81 (Conspiracy to commit the charges of kidnapping and murder), Article 118 (Premeditated Murder), Article 120 (Rape), Article 128 (Aggravated Assault), Article 134 (Kidnapping), and Article 134 (Obstruction of Justice)," according to a Fort Campbell press release.

"Robinson is charged with Article 81 (Conspiracy to commit the charges of kidnapping and murder), Article 118 (Premeditated Murder), Article 134 (Kidnapping) and Article 134 (Obstruction of Justice)."
More at link: http://www.military.com/daily-news/...ring-ends-for-gis-charged-in-murder-case.html

I'm local to this case and it has been all over our local news today, so I thought I'd update you guys here on the latest...

One of the men on trial in the slaying of Fort Campbell soldier Shadow McClaine pleaded guilty Thursday, saying he was supposed to be paid $10,000 by McClaine's ex-husband to kill her and help hide the body.

He told the judge that McClaine's ex-husband, Sgt. Jamal Williams-McCray, agreed to pay him to kill McClaine. Early in the morning on Sept. 3, while it was still dark, McCray lured McClaine to Exit 11 of Interstate 24, Robinson said. After she arrived, Robinson cut her throat, stabbed her and broke her neck, he said. They then took her body to Exit 19 in Robertson County and hid the body.

The judge, Col. David Brookhart, sentenced Robinson to the maximum of life without parole. However, that sentence was superseded for cooperating with the prosecution, so Robinson will have to serve no more than 25 years, and was also credited with 558 days. He was also demoted and given a dishonorable discharge, and had to forfeit pay.

McCray's court-martial has not yet been scheduled.

There are plenty more terrifying details at the link below. :notgood:

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/local/fort-campbell/2017/09/28/man-pleads-guilty-slaying-fort-campbell-soldier/712490001/

I'm local to this case and it has been all over our local news today, so I thought I'd update you guys here on the latest...

There are plenty more terrifying details at the link below. :notgood:

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/sto...ilty-slaying-fort-campbell-soldier/712490001/

Monsters. :sick: :mad:

Some more quotes:
[h=3]The murder[/h]As part of a supposed scavenger hunt, McCray got McClaine to help him dig a hole, and while they were digging, Robinson arrived, pretending to be a property owner who was upset about their trespassing.

He told them to get down on their knees, because he was going to search them and hold them until police arrived, Robinson said.

Robinson searched McCray and found the box cutter he knew would be there. He then went to McClaine and used the box cutter and a knife to kill her, he said. He broke her neck to ensure she was dead.
They loaded her body into the back of Robinson's pickup. McCray poured ammonia on her body and on the grass where the slaying took place to destroy evidence, Robinson said.

They then drove to Exit 19, where they dumped the body.
Robinson drove McCray back to McCray's vehicle and gave him the clothes and boots to destroy.
Robinson took the murder weapons to Riverside Drive and threw them in the Cumberland River, where they were later recovered by investigators.
He then went home and told his wife what happened.
"I informed my wife where we had placed the body and what had happened, and then we had sex," he said.

[video=youtube;LkUExareVfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUExareVfA[/video]

That part of the video with her mom crying on her coffin. I can't even handle it.

Shadow McClaine: Ex-husband's murder trial will be a death penalty case
The ex-husband accused of hiring another man to kill Fort Campbell soldier Shadow McClaine is facing new charges and the case will be tried as a death penalty case.

Fort Campbell Army Sgt. Jamal Williams-McCray and former Spc. Charles Robinson III were both charged with murder in the case. Robinson pleaded guilty to murder in September and testified by phone at Williams-McCray's second preliminary hearing in March.

(...)

Based largely on Robinson's testimony, Williams-McCray now faces multiple conspiracy offenses, obstruction of justice, sexual assault, attempted murder, solicitation for murder and premeditated murder.

Soldier sentenced to life for Shadow McClaine's murder

Sgt. Jamal Williams-McCray, 27, pleaded guilty this week in military court at Fort Campbell to having his ex-wife, Pfc. Shadow McClaine, also a soldier, murdered on Sept. 3, 2016, so he could get her out of his life.

A judge sentenced him to life in prison, but a sealed deal with the convening authority over his case means he could be eligible for parole in 10 years and sets a maximum of 75 years in prison. He also gets credit for the 875 days he has been in jail. But military parole after such a short time would be extremely rare.

As part of his plea agreement to avoid a death penalty trial, Williams-McCray pleaded guilty to premeditated murder, two counts of conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit murder and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

On Wednesday, Williams-McCray openly admitted he planned his wife's murder with Robinson after frustration built because he felt harassed by her.

He claimed he stood some distance away during the slaying, then helped hide her blood-covered body. He kept the truth hidden for the following months while searchers frantically tried to find her.

Feb. 28, 2019

One after another, Shadow McClaine's family took the stand Thursday afternoon. They talked about the little girl she had been, the proud soldier and the missing loved one who will never return.

Jesse Willis, her father, talked about the last trip she took to see him in California before she divorced the man who would later have her killed.

She was in a hurry to get back to Sgt. Jamal Williams-McCray and to Fort Campbell.

"My last picture of her, she was driving away from my home, smiling," Willis said. "She said 'I love you.' I said 'I love you back.' And she was gone."

Williams-McCray, McClaine's ex-husband, admitted this week that he had her killed and helped hide the body, which was was found months later.

He also pleaded guilty to premeditated murder in exchange for the judge taking the death penalty off the table. In addition, he's pleading guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit murder and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Shadow McClaine murder: 'I said I love you back. And she was gone.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back