Identified! KY - Simpson Co, WhtFem UP71, 25-35, off I-65, rose tattoo, Oct'01 - Dawn Clare Plonsky Wilkerson

She went missing in July, 2000. The DOE was found October of 2001 and the death was estimated to have been within two weeks to two months. The body was partially skeletonized, which means there was still some soft tissue, so it definitely couldn't have been there for over a year. Since Peggy Sue was picked up by someone in a pickup truck on the 29th and never seen again, if the remains found were her, it would mean she was kept for over a year and then killed. It's not impossible, but I think the odds are going to be in favor of the DOE being someone who disappeared within two weeks to two months before the remains were found.

She went missing in July, 2000. The DOE was found October of 2001 and the death was estimated to have been within two weeks to two months. The body was partially skeletonized, which means there was still some soft tissue, so it definitely couldn't have been there for over a year. Since Peggy Sue was picked up by someone in a pickup truck on the 29th and never seen again, if the remains found were her, it would mean she was kept for over a year and then killed. It's not impossible, but I think the odds are going to be in favor of the DOE being someone who disappeared within two weeks to two months before the remains were found.
Hello kgeaux and thank you for your views.

I think it is quite possible that Peggy Sue could have been held captive for some time before being disposed of. That's just a possibility. All we have on her is her last known alive date. Don't forget that Jaycee Dugard was held for 18 years before being found so anything is possible.

I would hate to discount someone purely because of their missing date. The person in the truck might not have had anything to do with her disappearance. We simply don't know. In one article it states that her boyfriend or possibly ex-boyfriend at the time was not a suspect.

I'm still looking for a few more opinions on this case.

Maz

:cow:

I noticed that Sharon Apgar was one of the rule outs. She went missing in 1999, and they still felt she should be checked. Although statistics would support a more recent MP, they are checking MP cases older than Ms. Ashley's, so I would think she would be a viable comparison. :)

I submitted this case. Will update as soon as I hear anything.

Maz

FYI - the following women have been RULED OUT as being this Jane Doe, according to NAMUS:

Patricia Adkins
Cynthia Allegro
Brenda Allen-Szabo
Sharon Apgar
Aida Calfee
Bobbi Campbell
Peggy Case
Patricia Corona
Tina D'Ambrosio
Patricia Dixon
Jeri Duvall
Debbie Escalante
Nellie Flickinger
Anita Foster
Dawn Haines
Nelda Hardwick
Angela Hudson
Rhonda Karren
Janet March
Dana McPeek
Debbie Melo
Donna O'Banion
Linda Peterson
Carol Pierce
Sharon Redmon
Paige Renkoski
Rhonda Sansovich
Rebecca Sewell
Dina Shoemake
Patricia Swanberg
Shannon Turner
Sheree Warren
Nancy Williams

I created a new thread for this case because the previous existing thread specifies a possible match between this UID and Peggy Sue Ashley

Case File 111UFKY

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/111ufky.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/71

111UFKY.jpg
111UFKY1.jpg
111UFKY2.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by Dr. Emily Craig

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on October 9, 2001 in Simpson County, Kentucky.
  • Estimated Date of Death: 2-8 weeks prior
  • State of Remains: Partially skeletonized

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 25-35 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'9"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish-brown hair, 12-14 inches long. She had a healed fracture of the upper right arm, near the shoulder.
  • Dentals: Available. Many missing or severely decayed teeth. Severe bilateral degeneration of TMJ. Poor/negligent dental health.
  • Jewelry: Two rings were found; a gold band and a silver ring with a painted enamel blue background, with flowers and leaves.
  • Tattoos: Outline tattoo of a rose on the left breast.
  • Clothing: She was wearing reddish pink panties, or bathing suit bottoms.
  • DNA: Available in FBI NMPDD
111UFKY3.jpg
111UFKY4.jpg

Case History
Partially skeletonized remains were found by a survey crew on the shoulder of the northbound lane near the 12-mile marker in Simpson County, alongside Interstate 65, just North of Kentucky-Tennessee stateline. It was some distance from the travel portion of the roadway on a downward slope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was going through possibles on this case to see if there were any good PM's that haven't already been ruled out. This one caught my attention:

Kathleen A. Loeffler
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/loeffler_kathleen.html

111UFKY.jpg
111UFKY1.jpg
2660220960045078242S600x600Q851_zps6e4def2b.jpg

The vital stats are all reasonable and her hair matches.

The distance (over 2000 miles) and time-frame (nearly 10 months) is pretty significant, However, there are not a lot of details in her case, so there is no way to know if she was murdered immediately, or just up-and-left. If it is the latter, then time and distance would not be a problem.

But what catches my attention is that she has an unspecified tattoo on her left breast, just as the UID has a rose tattoo on her left breast.

UID's DoeNet and NamUs links:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/111ufky.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/71

I called Emily Craig of the Kentucky Medical Examiner Office. She said that unless someone comes to her with dentals on Kathleen Loeffler, there is nothing that she can do.

She says that they are not at all proactive on trying to solve these cases. She feels that it is the responsibility of LE on the Missing Person side to come to them. I commented that maybe I should contact LE in charge of K Loeffler's case. She replied that they probably won't bother with it.

That's it in a nutshell. On one side of the coin you have the VanNormans and the Hal Browns. On the other side you have the Emily Craigs.

I called Emily Craig of the Kentucky Medical Examiner Office. She said that unless someone comes to her with dentals on Kathleen Loeffler, there is nothing that she can do.

She says that they are not at all proactive on trying to solve these cases. She feels that it is the responsibility of LE on the Missing Person side to come to them. I commented that maybe I should contact LE in charge of K Loeffler's case. She replied that they probably won't bother with it.

That's it in a nutshell. On one side of the coin you have the VanNormans and the Hal Browns. On the other side you have the Emily Craigs.

All I can say is GEEEEZE! ( I wonder of Loeffler's family is still looking for her? That's the only way to light a fire under some of these guys, like in the Cynthia Day case!)

All I can say is GEEEEZE! ( I wonder of Loeffler's family is still looking for her? That's the only way to light a fire under some of these guys, like in the Cynthia Day case!)

Due to the deteriorated dentals on the UID that don't appear in Loeffler's photo, I have a bit of doubt that it is her anyway. Of course, she could have become a meth addict in the 10 or so months that she was missing, but that requires a bit of baseless speculation. Also, the image overlay doesn't work out very cleanly.

Otherwise, I would go through the trouble to try to contact the Orange County CA Sheriff to chase down her dentals, and probably hit a brick wall doing so.

I need to know why Sharon Rose Apgar, missing 1999 from Ohio/Kentucky, was ruled out as being this UID.

I see that dentals and DNA look like they're available for both. However, the alarm bells in my head saying that this has to be Sharon are not satisfied, especially after having heard about non-matches on DNA due to insufficient samples from family members and/or degradation of the UID sample.

For the record, here is the case report for Sharon Apgar:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/1091

Here it is for the unidentified decedent:
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/71

The similarities are so strong that it nauseates me. The hair, the age, the approximate height and weight, the rose tattoo on the left breast and the rings.

Cripes. For that matter, what about Tammi Jean Campbell?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_tammi.html

She is not listed as a rule-out for the decedent.

# Missing Since: June 12, 1999 from Grove City, Ohio
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date of Birth: February 28, 1966
# Age: 33 years old
# Height and Weight: 5'2, 100 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Campbell may go by her initials, T.J. Some accounts spell her name "Tammy." She has a tattoo of a yellow rose on her left breast and she wears eyeglasses.
# Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue shirt.
# Medical Conditions: Campbell suffers from hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. She also had a history of drug abuse.

Cripes. For that matter, what about Tammi Jean Campbell?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_tammi.html

She is not listed as a rule-out for the decedent.

# Missing Since: June 12, 1999 from Grove City, Ohio
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date of Birth: February 28, 1966
# Age: 33 years old
# Height and Weight: 5'2, 100 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Campbell may go by her initials, T.J. Some accounts spell her name "Tammy." She has a tattoo of a yellow rose on her left breast and she wears eyeglasses.
# Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue shirt.
# Medical Conditions: Campbell suffers from hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. She also had a history of drug abuse.

I guess it's not uncommon for women to get a rose tattoo on their left breast. Tammy's is yellow, but the UID's is uncolored.

Also, Tammi is 4 inches too short. --- according to NamUs --- FWIW :).

I guess it's not uncommon for women to get a rose tattoo on their left breast. Tammy's is yellow, but the UID's is uncolored.

Yeah, I noticed the height difference (which isn't out of the question to me, given that 66 inches is an estimate) but not the tattoo coloration.

My question about Shari Apgar still stands, though; I wish we had more details about that rule-out.

Zinc. just a suggestion, but why not email or contact in whatever way you're comfortable and ask how the determination(s) were made. I have found most ME's for sure to be very obliging folks. :)

bump.
This might be the thread Mensch was looking for.

Sharon Apgar is listed as an MP who was possibly wearing many rings. Is this what you were looking for?

I got to wondering about the UID's tattoo. Yellow is a color that fades rapidly in tattoos, especially if it's lower quality ink. And then being out in the elements for 2-8 weeks it might have faded still further. I don't know if they have a way to detect whether there's ink that's not visible or not.

bump.
This might be the thread Mensch was looking for.

Sharon Apgar is listed as an MP who was possibly wearing many rings. Is this what you were looking for?
Thank you Cubby for your help, but not the one. If I recall correctly it was a UP with multiple rings and someone posted a 'possible' who is known to wear multiple rings on most of her fingers. I am still looking:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back