GUILTY KY - Trey Zwicker, 14, beaten to death, Louisville, 11 May 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching video of the trial from this morning that I missed...I really like the judge, but did anyone see yesterday where he told the platinum blonde defense attorney, after she interrupted Shuler, something like "Mr. Shuler was talking"....and then she said oh sorry, sorry, I apologize...and he was like, "Don't do it again." If I had been her I would have literally started crying when I left the courtroom...I'm too sensitive and would not have been able to take that....lol!

My quick search of the of complicity and murder under Kentucky Legislation

502.020 Liability for conduct of another - Complicity.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=19660

507.020 Murder.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=19717

TITLE L - KENTUCKY PENAL CODE
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/

The way I read the definition of complicity is that it sounds a lot like accessory to murder. Different state call it something different, than in other states.

IMO, she should have been charged with something more than perjury. If you get someone to do a killing for you, shouldn't she have to be held responsible for that?? I suppose they obviously have no direct proof of conspiring with her lover....

Never thought it would be that easy to get away with murder....

I know how ya feel. I was surprised that the State filed charges for murder and then backed down. Frustrating but I hope they get her on the perjury and while she is in prison (unable to spend her dead husband's life insurance money I hope) her lover and partner in crime realizes he is the only one confessing undying love and has been since day one. I hope he realizes he was used and flips for the state.

Detective Russ in this case...I don't know about him...I keep imagining if Det. Flores had it and I think he would have gotten a lot more information out of people in a more organized way....

Just watching video of the trial from this morning that I missed...I really like the judge, but did anyone see yesterday where he told the platinum blonde defense attorney, after she interrupted Shuler, something like "Mr. Shuler was talking"....and then she said oh sorry, sorry, I apologize...and he was like, "Don't do it again." If I had been her I would have literally started crying when I left the courtroom...I'm too sensitive and would not have been able to take that....lol!

I didn't see that but heard it and thought one of the attys with the State had interrupted but it was a fellow atty from the same side. ahahahahahaha
The platinum blonde? You mean the short haired one? The one that IMO is high strung and twitchy to begin with?

Who is the one with shoulder length blonde hair? Child protective service rep? About as much use as the victim's advocate or whatever that woman's job title is that sat behind Jodi Arias and cut jokes with arias. What a waste of taxpayer money.

Detective Russ in this case...I don't know about him...I keep imagining if Det. Flores had it and I think he would have gotten a lot more information out of people in a more organized way....

If only, if only....

I didn't see that but heard it and thought one of the attys with the State had interrupted but it was a fellow atty from the same side. ahahahahahaha
The platinum blonde? You mean the short haired one? The one that IMO is high strung and twitchy to begin with?

Who is the one with shoulder length blonde hair? Child protective service rep? About as much use as the victim's advocate or whatever that woman's job title is that sat behind Jodi Arias and cut jokes with arias. What a waste of taxpayer money.

"High-strung and twitchy"....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Yeah, that's the one I'm referring to. I felt bad for her after he said that, but she seemed to take it okay! She was like, "yes, sir." Lol!

I think the other lady is a social worker. I have no idea what she is talking about with Young all day long. I mean, how many things are there to say?? A social worker can't fix him...a psychiatrist might and even that's a big maybe. I guess her job is to explain everything in his case to him?

Does anyone know; the jury was released today weren't they? HLN on CNN just announced at 1pm closing arguments but I thought they were tomorrow. Can someone clear this up? I was on the AS thread and listening there and I thought the judge dismissed until tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know; the jury was released today weren't they? HLN on CNN just announced at 1pm closing arguments but I thought they were tomorrow. Can someone clear this up? I was on the AS thread and listening there and I thought the judge dismissed until tomorrow morning.

"Attorneys for Joshua Young finished their case on Thursday without calling the teen to defend himself in the May 2011 murder of his 14-year-old stepbrother, Trey Zwicker.
Jurors will hear closing arguments and begin deliberations Friday and Judge Barry Willett told them to bring a bag of clothing and other necessities in case they don’t reach a decision Friday night, as they would be sequestered in a hotel and resume on Saturday"
LInky: http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...-Young-defense-rests-without-teen-s-testimony

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 47s

Allison Miller, #JoshYoung's social worker with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Saw Trey and Young together playing together

Playing what? Video games? TIA

"Attorneys for Joshua Young finished their case on Thursday without calling the teen to defend himself in the May 2011 murder of his 14-year-old stepbrother, Trey Zwicker.
Jurors will hear closing arguments and begin deliberations Friday and Judge Barry Willett told them to bring a bag of clothing and other necessities in case they don’t reach a decision Friday night, as they would be sequestered in a hotel and resume on Saturday"
LInky: http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...-Young-defense-rests-without-teen-s-testimony

Hey Thundar; thanks! I've been having a lot of trouble with WS pages loading; couldn't even get any thread to load. Seems better now though and thanks again see ya all tomorrow for Closing Arguments, I think they should charge him with murder in the 1st. Jmo at this point.:scared:

Watching HLN and Jean C. Was saying she had interviewed JGs lawyer, and asked, "did your client kill trey?

He replied, "I think he did based on the forced that was used."

Am I naive or is that pretty huge?

Wow are any of you listening to HLN? They had a caller from Canada and she told all the timelines and she said if they look at those it shows JY is the killer and not JG.

I wish I could have remembered what all she said but she was rattling it off so fast. She sure has kept up with this case closely. I wonder if it is one of our Canadian posters? :)

Watching HLN and Jean C. Was saying she had interviewed JGs lawyer, and asked, "did your client kill trey?

He replied, "I think he did based on the forced that was used."

Am I naive or is that pretty huge?

That is just not true unfortunately.

I put a link up just yesterday where a 13 year old boy murdered a 15 year old boy with a baseball bat. The victim was much larger than the defendant.

IMO

That is just not true unfortunately.

I put a link up just yesterday where a 13 year old boy murdered a 15 year old boy with a baseball bat. The victim was much larger than the defendant.

IMO

I agree that JY would be physically capable, but I thought it significant that the lawyer said he felt JG was guilty. I feel naive b/c would a defense lawyer say something if he didn't believe it? I could expect this type of answer if he had been more vague, or less definitive sounding????

Hence questioning my naivety :blushing:

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 6m
Prosecutor Erin White objects to any admonition involving polygraph. Would only bring more attention to it, she says.
#JoshYoung

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 8m
Defense for #JoshYoung said Gouker and an inmate mentioned Gouker took a polygraph. Asks court to tell jury not to consider that testimonyJason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 5m
Judge will tell jury to not give polygraph testimony any weight.
Trial begins again tomorrow at 9.

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 6m
Defense attorney Pete Schuler said mention of a polygraph would often lead to a mistrial request. But wants to get this trial completed.

I hope I am wrong but if JY if young not guilty I think JG may try to appeal his verdict and introduce the timed/dated sex tape. If JG is found not guilty of murder can the state try him for complicity?

I camagine the monster and his mini monster laughing while throwing back a cold one and beating any near by wild life with sticks. Makes me sick...

I am praying this jury knows JY choose his dad's way of life over the one offered by the system and foster care. He could have run to LE any time to get out from under JG.

I dont know the law so I have to ask does anyone know if you can appeal when you adamently confess to murder? Also, what is the likelIhood of the court granting an appeal to a character like Gouker a confessed liar? Could the court charge him with other things related to this case if he is granted
an appeal?

I agree! I cant beleive he didnt think the s*x tape was important enough to look at, or that the lawnmower blade wasnt collected and tested from the scene and 10 other things! When he had Goucker on the phone calls to the girls, you could tell that JG was in control and NOT the cop. Even the judge referred to "bad police work", when the jury wasnt in the room.

I dont know the law so I have to ask does anyone know if you can appeal when you adamently confess to murder? Also, what is the likelIhood of the court granting an appeal to a character like Gouker a confessed liar? Could the court charge him with other things related to this case if he is granted
an appeal?

If he got an appeal he would just get a new trial but it is highly unlikely. When you accept a plea deal or decide not to go to trial you lose a lot of appeal rights. If he did somehow get a new trial the state could bring whatever charges they can prove just like any other trial. I don't think it would ever happen though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members