Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022 - #2

Desiree says the GPS has been verified on the picture of Kyron taken at the school science fair on June 4, 2010.

It was taken at 8:45 a.m. The 2nd link confirms the picture was taken in Kyron's classroom.

[June 4, 2019] [15:15] MJ: And do you think that he made it to school that day? What is your working theory on that because I know that some people thought that maybe the picture had been taken before.
Desiree: Nope. I know for sure, 100%, the picture was taken in the school. It’s GPS—it’s confirmed; it’s verified. We know exactly what time she took the picture, where she was at. And it’s confirmed with technology. So, she was in the school at 8:45 taking that photo of Kyron in front of his exhibit. I know that she left the school; she left with Kyron. And we have eyewitnesses that place them outside the school in route to the truck. It’s from that point where it gets unknown.

Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

[Nov. 25, 2015] [1:23] Host: What time did Kyron go missing?
Desiree: It was exactly between 8:45 a.m. and 8:55 a.m. ...
Desiree: He was in his classroom. He got the photo taken by Terri, and he, apparently according to eyewitness accounts, multiple adults that can vouch for the fact that Terri walked out the side entrance of the school with Kyron in tow and we know this because Kyron’s friend even saw him with her right outside the school.

The search for missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman

In this Dateline broadcast, originally aired November, 12th 2010, GZ is interviewed. She confirms Terri took the picture, and it's stated it was taken "around 8:30 am".
The broadcast is broken up into about 1 minute segments. You can find GZ's segment about 10 frames in, using the slide bar at the bottom to advance the segments.GZ confirms Terri took the picture but she does not state it was taken "around 8:30 a.m." The host explains GZ places Terri and Kyron at the school around 8:30 a.m. which starts the timeline of Terri's day. Further down it confirms GZ saw Terri take the picture but no time is given. The host goes on to ask GZ if Kyron was happy.
May I ask you to please double-check and post more of the quote? I can't seem to find where "it's stated it was taken "around 8:30 am".

There are three short clips of GZ being interviewed. I watched all three and I searched the transcript below the clips. I found where it states that Terri and Kyron arrive at school around 8:30 a.m. But nothing about the picture being taken at 8:30 a.m.

The following is what I found. I typed out the whole transcript but I'm posting only a portion. I could post the whole thing if anyone wants to read it.

[GZ]: Kyron is one of the sweetest, most loveable, happy guys I’ve ever met. Just always has a smile on his face, and he makes people laugh and he has many, many friends. There’s not anyone in that school that isn’t a friend of Kyron’s. …
Host: [GZ] also has a distinct recollection of seeing both Kyron and his stepmom Terri at the science fair, and this is important. She places Terri and Kyron at the school around 8:30 a.m., which starts the timeline of Terri’s day. [GZ] even remembers chatting with Terry about some school t-shirts.
Host: [GZ’s] account dispels the rumours that Terri and her stepson never made it to school that day and that Terri somehow faked the now-famous photo of Kyron with his science project.
[GZ] I remember seeing Kyron in front of his project, and Terri took a picture of him; took one with him in front of it, and then one with just the project alone.
Host: You saw her take that picture?
[GZ]: I saw her take the picture. Absolutely.
Host: How happy was Kyron?

[GZ] Really, really happy and real excited, very proud of his project.

Well, yes, it does seem insignificant. However, to my understanding, it had enough significance that it allowed her to qualify for immunity for her part in Kyron's disappearance. So, I can't help but wonder if it was indeed insignificant. JMO

How is that related to her immunity?

GZ mentions posing at that link, yes; but a time is not given for when she saw Kyron posing. GZ saw Kyron three times that morning: 1) when she first arrived (her daughter was in Kyron's class); 2) when Terri took Kyron's picture; and 3) when GZ was leaving the school she saw Terri, Kyron, and the baby supposedly heading off to look at the other science projects.

And yet that is not reflected in any of the statements GZ gave. In fact, I believe you are the only one who has ever made that claim, not even Morris or Desiree.

KGW:

Parent [GZ] said she last saw Kyron in the morning, when he posed in a classroom in front of his red-eyed tree frog science project. She said her daughter is one of Kyron s best friends and she knew him well.

OregonLive:

At 8:15 a.m., Skyline PTA President Gina Zimmerman arrived at the school and saw Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.

From the Dateline segment, using your transcription:

[GZ]: Kyron is one of the sweetest, most loveable, happy guys I’ve ever met. Just always has a smile on his face, and he makes people laugh and he has many, many friends. There’s not anyone in that school that isn’t a friend of Kyron’s. …
Host: [GZ] also has a distinct recollection of seeing both Kyron and his stepmom Terri at the science fair, and this is important. She places Terri and Kyron at the school around 8:30 a.m., which starts the timeline of Terri’s day. [GZ] even remembers chatting with Terry about some school t-shirts.
Host: [GZ’s] account dispels the rumours that Terri and her stepson never made it to school that day and that Terri somehow faked the now-famous photo of Kyron with his science project.
[GZ] I remember seeing Kyron in front of his project, and Terri took a picture of him; took one with him in front of it, and then one with just the project alone.
Host: You saw her take that picture?
[GZ]: I saw her take the picture. Absolutely.
Host: How happy was Kyron?

[GZ] Really, really happy and real excited, very proud of his project.

Boy Missing, ch 1

[GZ], saw Kyron in Miss Porter’s room. He was seen downstairs visiting the classroom of Scott McBeth, his kindergarten and first-grade teacher. Then he and his stepmother went back upstairs, using different staircases.

Boy Missing, ch 4

On the morning of June 4, [GZ] and [MZ] were in the children’s classroom, as were Terri and Kyron. [GZ] saw Terri take a photograph of Kyron standing in front of his tree frog exhibit. [GZ] remembered the frog pond was made of Saran Wrap. “Kyron was very happy, very excited about his tree frog project,” [GZ] later said. “Let me take one of [MZ], too,” Terri said, and she took a photo of [MZ] with her exhibit on turtles.

[GZ] left around 9 a.m. for her job at a restaurant. The last time [GZ] saw Terri and Kyron was after Terri took the photo of [MZ]. Kyron and his stepmother were walking away by themselves, presumably to view some of the other science projects.

If not for Desiree's much later claim that the picture was taken at 8:45, would anyone think these are not the same event?

Rebecca Morris, the author of Boy Missing--The Search for Kyron Horman, interviewed GZ for the book. These are not Desiree's statements, BTW.

[---]

[Pg 57] [GZ] told police she had seen Terri take Kyron's photo in front of his science exhibit. That was at 8:45 a.m.
Boy Missing—The Search For Kyron Horman by Rebecca Morris

No, the bolded (by me) sentence was not by Desiree, but it was not by GZ either. It was by Morris. If there ever was a book crying out for footnotes and sources...

I keep coming back to the same issue, the timeline. This is what Terri says happened:

8:15 ca - arrived at school with Kyron and daughter, walked to the classroom, took the picture, chatted with teacher and others.

8:30 ca - began walking around the school looking at other exhibits, ended up in McBeth's classroom downstairs.

8:45 - walked up separate staircases from the bottom floor, Kyron walked to his classroom while Terri said goodbye.

This matches up perfectly with the statements of GZ. She was there to see the pictures taken, talk to Terri and when Terri and Kyron left, she thought they were going to see other exhibits. It fits with the timeline, not too busy.

And then there is the other scenario:

8:15 - Terri and Kyron arrive at the school. GZ sees Kyron in front of his project (and talks to Terri about T-shirts), Terri tells Porter she is taking Kyron out of the groups (that will not be formed for another 30 minutes) to go tour together.

8:30 - Terri and Kyron do their tour, at some point Terri leaves Kyron inside the school to go sit in her truck for a while. She then goes back into the school, finds Kyron and takes him back to the classroom.

8:45 - Terri takes a picture of Kyron, a picture of just his science project and a picture of MZ, tells the teacher that she's taking Kyron to his appointment, which GZ thinks means she's taking him on (another) tour of the fair.

It's contrived, contradictory, convoluted, and yes, unbelievable.

Witness TK saw the truck in the parking lot.

"I just saw him (Kyron) in the gym, and I saw the truck out in the parking lot," he [TK] said Wednesday. [TK] said Kyron was looking at other students' science fair projects, seemed happy and was with friends. … He said when he saw Kyron in the gym he didn't see Terri with him. He and his family have turned over pictures they took at the science fair to investigators, but they've been asked not to disclose the timeframe in which he saw Kyron.

That would depend on the details of his statement. People use shorthand a lot, and being parked by the shoulder of the road can just as easily be said as being in the parking lot. But there is another option - the truck he saw outside wasn't Terri's, but another truck of the same, common variety that people could easily confuse for Terri's. Remember how many white truck sightings were reported from that day, like the one up at hwy 30 or in a side-street across the road from the Horman's? All with female drivers, none of which were Terri?

Speculation only: (Timeframe: unknown length of time between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m.) What if the witness who kept an eye on baby “K” while Terri was out in the parking lot came forward?

I’m sure there are many more witnesses we have not heard from than the few we have heard from.

Perhaps this is how law enforcement confirmed the person in the truck when it was parked at the school between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. was Terri and not DeDe. JMO

So now we add a new element to the timeline - Terri leaves the baby with another person inside the school so she could go sit in the truck and make a call? When so many extra elements have to be postulated just to make sense of a theory, perhaps the theory isn't all that solid.

Kyron was missing and they couldn’t find him. Law enforcement knew Terri lied. They weren’t holding those kinds of pressers to vindicate her parking spot. My opinion only, of course.

Or - more likely - they were stuck, had nothing to go on, and were desperately grasping at straws. The results speak for themselves, I think.

The book muddled and confused things, and can't be taken as a serious account of what happened. Sorry. Desiree's always evolving story goes against what we know from the earliest days. Desiree wasn't there when Terri took the picture. Terri was. GZ was. Porter was. None of those who were there have ever said the picture was taken at 8:45.
Wait, what? Ms. Porter was there, too? Kyron’s homeroom teacher was there?

Do you have a supporting link?

It would make sense, but I have never seen any statements from her.

It seems Desiree and Tony heard Terri say it:
[Pg 38] Desiree and Tony heard Terri describe her day. Terri said she had taken the photo of Kyron at 8:45 a.m. and walked out of the school with [the baby, “K”] at 8:50 a.m. She said she had parked the truck in the school parking lot.
"Boy Missing · The Search for Kyron Horman" by Rebecca Morris

Desiree wasn’t there, but Desiree does communicate with law enforcement. She is Kyron’s mother. She knows the picture was taken at 8:45 a.m.

OK, so let's look at what Desiree's latest story is:

Except the groups weren't formed until after 8:45, so why would Terri need to take Kyron out of a group that hadn't formed yet? They're not going to form the groups before school has started and before the buses arrived.

Teleporting witnesses, since if CL was in the classroom when Kyron's picture was taken, and the picture was taken at 8:45 (both of which Desiree claims in the book) how did he suddely appear in the parking lot to see Terri and Kyron leave together?

From chapter 2 of the Morris book:

Not only that, but why would the teacher then expect him to be gone all day, and not sound the alarm when he didn't return at 11?
In my opinion, while the posting referred to in this comment was written publicly by Desiree, it was addressed directly to Terri. So, from Kyron’s mother to the stepmother, who she holds responsible for her son’s disappearance.

Classy Desiree is not arguing or debating; she is telling Terri what she knows as fact.

Her words stand. I would be remiss to debate them.

However, I would like to contribute the following linked quote concerning the talent show.

It was reported in the MSM that Kyron was supposed to be in the talent show. Desiree and Kaine didn’t want to confirm it because they were asked not to talk about the timeline. Even in the book, that information was held back. Desiree has her reasons, I’m sure. I love that she can be calculating and strategic. Desiree is a very intelligent woman. Again, JMO

[June 7, 2010] Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.
Still no trace of Kyron Horman as police, FBI conclude third day of search

Wait, what? Ms. Porter was there, too? Kyron’s homeroom teacher was there?

Do you have a supporting link?

It would make sense, but I have never seen any statements from her.

Teachers were supposed to be in their classrooms, so she should have been there, and we know from other statements that the "mishearing" incident as Terri exited the classroom, occurred. Either way, she was in the school and testified about it. Desiree wasn't.

It seems Desiree and Tony heard Terri say it:
[Pg 38] Desiree and Tony heard Terri describe her day. Terri said she had taken the photo of Kyron at 8:45 a.m. and walked out of the school with [the baby, “K”] at 8:50 a.m. She said she had parked the truck in the school parking lot.
"Boy Missing · The Search for Kyron Horman" by Rebecca Morris

Desiree wasn’t there, but Desiree does communicate with law enforcement. She is Kyron’s mother. She knows the picture was taken at 8:45 a.m.

If that actually happened, we still haven't been given the actual statement from Terri. We have no idea if Desiree and Tony correctly understood or relayed what was actually said. This is almost a decade later, and while Desiree claims she took notes, I doubt she did so at that time.

The picture wasn't taken at 8:45. That is incredibly obvious, especially with how it makes the timeline of the morning completely ridiculous, as I've pointed out multiple times now.

8:15 - Terri and Kyron arrive at the school. GZ sees Kyron in front of his project (and talks to Terri about T-shirts), Terri tells Porter she is taking Kyron out of the groups (that will not be formed for another 30 minutes) to go tour together.

8:30 - Terri and Kyron do their tour, at some point Terri leaves Kyron inside the school to go sit in her truck for a while. She then goes back into the school, finds Kyron and takes him back to the classroom.

8:45 - Terri takes a picture of Kyron, a picture of just his science project and a picture of MZ, tells the teacher that she's taking Kyron to his appointment, which GZ thinks means she's taking him on (another) tour of the fair.

Do you think this is a realistic timeline?

In my opinion, while the posting referred to in this comment was written publicly by Desiree, it was addressed directly to Terri. So, from Kyron’s mother to the stepmother, who she holds responsible for her son’s disappearance.

Classy Desiree is not arguing or debating; she is telling Terri what she knows as fact.

Her words stand. I would be remiss to debate them.

Her words completely fail to stand. Why, if Kyron was expected back at 11, didn't the school sound the alarm then?

It shows the mutable nature of Desiree's accusations. She gets some info, who knows from where, and suddenly the whole plot changes. The picture at 8:45, the supposed parking lot witnesses, the changed times from the shopping trip and gym - all of which clash with info we already knew - didn't appear until 2015. That's after the failed GJ push, after Desiree's civil suit ended with a whimper, after Dede's immunity deal and testimony to the GJ, after the finalized divorce and long after any meaningful movement in the investigation. A whole year had passed with essentially nothing happening. And then, suddenly, these bombshells appear. Note, too, the changing nature of how she got the info. First it was technology (presumably metadata) that pinpointed the time. Yet in the book, it's Terri just saying the time, straight up:

[June 4, 2019] [15:15] MJ: And do you think that he made it to school that day? What is your working theory on that because I know that some people thought that maybe the picture had been taken before.
Desiree: Nope. I know for sure, 100%, the picture was taken in the school. It’s GPS—it’s confirmed; it’s verified. We know exactly what time she took the picture, where she was at. And it’s confirmed with technology. So, she was in the school at 8:45 taking that photo of Kyron in front of his exhibit. I know that she left the school; she left with Kyron. And we have eyewitnesses that place them outside the school in route to the truck. It’s from that point where it gets unknown.

Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

Desiree and Tony heard Terri describe her day. Terri said she had taken the photo of Kyron at 8:45 a.m. and walked out of the school with Kayla at 8:50 a.m. BM, ch 3

BBM. For what reason would 8:45 need to be established with technology, if Terri herself had just said so?

The eyewitnesses were never mentioned before 2015 either. In the book, it sticks out like a sore thumb - chapter 24, where Desiree is informed about the landscaper by the MCSO. In the middle of the conversation, between them telling her about the MFH plot and the failed sting, it just gets shoved in there - oh, and by the way, there were also witnesses who saw them leave together, here are their names. And then it just isn't touched upon again until chapter 62, which - you guessed it - takes place in 2015.

But there is something interesting about the paragraph in ch 64:

When he asked her who she believed was responsible for Kyron’s disappearance, Desiree didn’t need to think twice. “Terri Horman, his stepmother.” As proof, she mentioned that several witnesses, including a couple of adults, had seen Terri leave the side entrance of Skyline Elementary with Kyron on June 4, 2010.

This was information that the MCSO had initially released, then rescinded, then told Desiree was true. “I didn’t understand why they wanted that detail kept tight,” she said later.

When did the MCSO initially release this information? In chapter 24 she specifies it was a few weeks before Jun 27th. Yet I can't find any trace of it. It seems to have gone completely unnoticed by this forum, which I personally find highly unlikely.

There's so much of that in the book. We see the information given to the media, and then some unidentified detective talks to Desiree alone and says "actually it was like this", always confirming her priors.

However, I would like to contribute the following linked quote concerning the talent show.

It was reported in the MSM that Kyron was supposed to be in the talent show. Desiree and Kaine didn’t want to confirm it because they were asked not to talk about the timeline. Even in the book, that information was held back. Desiree has her reasons, I’m sure. I love that she can be calculating and strategic. Desiree is a very intelligent woman. Again, JMO

[June 7, 2010] Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.
Still no trace of Kyron Horman as police, FBI conclude third day of search

And yet that is the opposite of what Desiree said. In the book, in public statements, up until this very year.

Last edited:
And yet that is the opposite of what Desiree said. In the book, in public statements, up until this very year.
Deisree is Kyron's mother. She doesn't have to say anything at all. Ever. She does not have to defend herself. She wants to find her son and she wants justice for her son.

The fact that she stays actively involved in her 7-year-old missing child's case is admirable. She organizes searches for Kyron. She holds car washes and washes vehicles herself to raise funding. Desiree is magnificent in her devotion to her son. Her pain is still palpable after all these years.

She also has a very busy life and doesn't live on social media platforms.

Whenever and if ever she chooses to enlighten us with a nugget of information we will never get from law enforcement, I appreciate it.

She doesn't release information off-the-cuff. She doesn't tailor the information to fit what's being said on social media.

Desiree is in control.

Justice for Kyron! Justice for Kyron! Justice for Kyron!​

And yet that is not reflected in any of the statements GZ gave. In fact, I believe you are the only one who has ever made that claim, not even Morris or Desiree.

KGW:

OregonLive:

From the Dateline segment, using your transcription:

Boy Missing, ch 1

Boy Missing, ch 4

If not for Desiree's much later claim that the picture was taken at 8:45, would anyone think these are not the same event?
Not one of those articles gives a time for when the picture was taken. They are professionally written and make their statements clear.

We don’t have to check our common sense at the door. But sometimes we do.

As bloggers in 2010, we all desperately wanted a time for when the picture was taken. We knew the time had not been released. Yes, we knew. We absolutely knew. We could read and process what we were reading.

But we wanted to make a timeline for Kyron’s case. So, we read as many MSM articles as we could find and—without a linkable source—went ahead and “supplied” a time to suit our purposes. The thought never entered our minds that Terri would manipulate it into her timeline.

As it turned out, the time was wrong. It was a bad idea, shameful even, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I hope we have learned a lesson.

I realize it upsets the carefully crafted narrative of Terri’s timeline which she has worked so hard on.

I am reminded of the famous quote: “Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.” YMMV

I did not realize that I was the only one to claim GZ saw Kyron three times that morning, but I feel the MSM link and the two citations back it up. I will share some of my thoughts on how I connected the dots.

Terri and Kyron were already in Kyron’s classroom on the 2nd floor when [GZ] and her daughter arrived. Terri and Kyron were dropping off Kyron’s coat and backpack and getting ready to visit Kyron’s homeroom teacher and return library books downstairs. Kyron was so very proud of his project. They stopped to look at it before he left to go downstairs. It had been set up in his classroom the day before.
8:15 a.m. [GZ,] president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.
Kyron Horman: Timeline of events since boy's disappearance

The first bell sounded at 8:45 a.m. and all children reported to their homerooms to be divided into groups to tour the science fair. Terri and Kyron returned too, and pictures were taken by Terri, including the now iconic photo of Kyron in front of his science project, one of GZ’s daughter in front of her project, and one of KH in front of his project.
[Pg 57] [GZ] told police she had seen Terri take Kyron's photo in front of his science exhibit. That was at 8:45 a.m.

Around 9:00 a.m., parents began to leave for home or work as their children were settled into their groups. Terri had not been at the science fair the day before for the actual presentation (as she explained on Dr. Phil) so the three of them went around on their own, per Kaine, 2nd par. GZ saw them leaving Kyron’s classroom as she happened to be on her way out.
[Pg 50] [GZ] left around 9 a.m. for her job at a restaurant. The last time [GZ] saw Terri and Kyron was after Terri took the photo of [GZ’s daughter]. Kyron and his stepmother were walking away by themselves, presumably to view some of the other science projects.

I keep coming back to the same issue, the timeline. This is what Terri says happened:

8:15 ca - arrived at school with Kyron and daughter, walked to the classroom, took the picture, chatted with teacher and others.

8:30 ca - began walking around the school looking at other exhibits, ended up in McBeth's classroom downstairs.

8:45 - walked up separate staircases from the bottom floor, Kyron walked to his classroom while Terri said goodbye.

This matches up perfectly with the statements of GZ. She was there to see the pictures taken, talk to Terri and when Terri and Kyron left, she thought they were going to see other exhibits. It fits with the timeline, not too busy.
Is this a new timeline from Terri? Could you provide a supporting link, please?

I have a link for her June 5th email timeline. And I have a link for her alibi timeline. But nothing for this, so far.

I’m not surprised it matches perfectly with the statements of GZ. Terri is probably following along and making the necessary adjustments as required.

Deisree is Kyron's mother. She doesn't have to say anything at all. Ever. She does not have to defend herself. She wants to find her son and she wants justice for her son.

The fact that she stays actively involved in her 7-year-old missing child's case is admirable. She organizes searches for Kyron. She holds car washes and washes vehicles herself to raise funding. Desiree is magnificent in her devotion to her son. Her pain is still palpable after all these years.

She also has a very busy life and doesn't live on social media platforms.

Whenever and if ever she chooses to enlighten us with a nugget of information we will never get from law enforcement, I appreciate it.

She doesn't release information off-the-cuff. She doesn't tailor the information to fit what's being said on social media.

Desiree is in control.

Justice for Kyron! Justice for Kyron! Justice for Kyron!​

I don't see how any of that is relevant to what I am writing. I have no interest in either praising or disparaging Desiree. My sole interest is finding out what happened to Kyron, and to do that I have to judge the information and the sources that we have. And it is undeniable that Desiree has added to and changed her stories over the years, so I can't regard her as a reliable source. That is not a judgment on her, by the way. Memory is famously unreliable and often affected by strong emotion, like grief and resentment. What we can do, what we should do, is look at what she's saying and ask: does this fit with what we know? Does it make sense?

And, sadly, the answer to both of those questions is "no".

Link, please.

This is the whole paragraph I wrote.

The picture wasn't taken at 8:45. That is incredibly obvious, especially with how it makes the timeline of the morning completely ridiculous, as I've pointed out multiple times now.

You can add an IMO to it, but I thought the meaning was clear. I detailed my reasoning - with links - in this post.

Not one of those articles gives a time for when the picture was taken. They are professionally written and make their statements clear.

We don’t have to check our common sense at the door. But sometimes we do.

As bloggers in 2010, we all desperately wanted a time for when the picture was taken. We knew the time had not been released. Yes, we knew. We absolutely knew. We could read and process what we were reading.

But we wanted to make a timeline for Kyron’s case. So, we read as many MSM articles as we could find and—without a linkable source—went ahead and “supplied” a time to suit our purposes. The thought never entered our minds that Terri would manipulate it into her timeline.

As it turned out, the time was wrong. It was a bad idea, shameful even, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I hope we have learned a lesson.

But the time still hasn't been released.

I realize it upsets the carefully crafted narrative of Terri’s timeline which she has worked so hard on.

But Terri has not had anything to do with it. She was famously quiet about it for years. The reason to be skeptical about Desiree's new information is that it doesn't match the info we already have.

I am reminded of the famous quote: “Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.” YMMV

I don't believe Desiree intends to deceive, but I think it's clear that her "new" information has tangled into knots. This is unlike "Terri's" timeline, which was always simple, logical and realistic.

I did not realize that I was the only one to claim GZ saw Kyron three times that morning, but I feel the MSM link and the two citations back it up. I will share some of my thoughts on how I connected the dots.

Terri and Kyron were already in Kyron’s classroom on the 2nd floor when [GZ] and her daughter arrived. Terri and Kyron were dropping off Kyron’s coat and backpack and getting ready to visit Kyron’s homeroom teacher and return library books downstairs. Kyron was so very proud of his project. They stopped to look at it before he left to go downstairs. It had been set up in his classroom the day before.
8:15 a.m. [GZ,] president of the school PTA, arrives and sees Kyron with his stepmother in front of his exhibit.

Note the phrasing. "In front of his exhibit".

The first bell sounded at 8:45 a.m. and all children reported to their homerooms to be divided into groups to tour the science fair. Terri and Kyron returned too, and pictures were taken by Terri, including the now iconic photo of Kyron in front of his science project, one of GZ’s daughter in front of her project, and one of KH in front of his project.

Yet without Morris's insertion of 8:45 here, this matches the phrasing used in all the other, actual statements by GZ where the times given are 8:15 and 8:30. It's always Kyron "in front of his exhibit". There is nothing from any of GZ's statements that even slightly indicates multiple sightings.

Around 9:00 a.m., parents began to leave for home or work as their children were settled into their groups. Terri had not been at the science fair the day before for the actual presentation (as she explained on Dr. Phil) so the three of them went around on their own, per Kaine, 2nd par. GZ saw them leaving Kyron’s classroom as she happened to be on her way out.
[Pg 50] [GZ] left around 9 a.m. for her job at a restaurant. The last time [GZ] saw Terri and Kyron was after Terri took the photo of [GZ’s daughter]. Kyron and his stepmother were walking away by themselves, presumably to view some of the other science projects.

But GZ doesn't say she saw Terri and Kyron leave when she left. All she says is that they left the classroom after the picture was taken. If this happened later (around 9:00), why would GZ believe they were going on a tour, when this is the time the groups were supposed to be formed?

Is this a new timeline from Terri? Could you provide a supporting link, please?

I have a link for her June 5th email timeline. And I have a link for her alibi timeline. But nothing for this, so far.

I’m not surprised it matches perfectly with the statements of GZ. Terri is probably following along and making the necessary adjustments as required.

No, not new. It is the same sequence of events she gave on Dr Phil. She gives the time of 8:15 in the interview, while other articles have established 8:45 as her claimed time of exit (no one has disputed this). 8:30 is one of the times given for GZ seeing Terri in the classroom.

The important thing here is the sequence of events, which is also the same as the one given in chapter 1 of the Morris book:

Kyron was seen in his classroom, room 213, at the southwest corner of the main floor of the school. Kristina Porter, or Miss Porter, as the children called her, was the teacher of his combined second- and third-grade class. Kyron’s stepmother took a photograph of him standing in front of his science project. He was seen by his friends Carson, Tanner, Kurtis, and Ellie, who were also in Miss Porter’s class. Terri also took a photo of Ellie with her turtle exhibit.

Ellie’s mother, Alice Jacobsen, saw Kyron in Miss Porter’s room. He was seen downstairs visiting the classroom of Scott McBeth, his kindergarten and first-grade teacher. Then he and his stepmother went back upstairs, using different staircases. Kyron’s friend Tanner passed him on the stairs at the front entrance. Terri said she stood at the top of the stairs at the east end of the hallway, by the gym, and waved at Kyron as he entered his classroom.

Again, the main issue with Desiree's new sequence is that it doesn't fit with the info we have, is convoluted and contrived and doesn't fit within the brief 30 minutes:

Is this a logical sequence of events?

Do you think this is a realistic timeline?

Again, the main issue with Desiree's new sequence is that it doesn't fit with the info we have, is convoluted and contrived and doesn't fit within the brief 30 minutes:

Is this a logical sequence of events?
This has been asked twice: once referring to it as a realistic sequence and, secondly, referring to it as a logical sequence.

My response is here, but it's my pleasure to post it again.

The first bell sounded at 8:45 a.m. and all children reported to their homerooms to be divided into groups to tour the science fair. Terri and Kyron returned and pictures were taken, including one of GZ’s daughter in front of her project, and one of Kyron’s friend KH in front of his project.

Teachers were supposed to be in their classrooms, so she should have been there, and we know from other statements that the "mishearing" incident as Terri exited the classroom, occurred. Either way, she was in the school and testified about it. Desiree wasn't.

Could you provide a link or supporting information on where I could find the "other statements that the "mishearing" incident as Terri exited the classroom, occurred", please?

Specifically, I would appreciate a link directing me to the "other statements" that verify the "mishearing" incident did occur as Terri exited Kyron's classroom.

Thanks!

BBM. For what reason would 8:45 need to be established with technology, if Terri herself had just said so?
7-year-old Kyron Richard Horman was missing. Law enforcement would confirm the time and location the last known picture of him was taken, as they would for any missing child. With technology. It would be standard procedure. They don’t have to settle for eyewitness accounts anymore. It just takes a little time due to search warrants and busy labs.

Especially in a case like Kyron’s where the last known picture of him was taken by the last known person to see him, about 10 minutes before he vanished. Oh, yeah. Law enforcement confirmed the time and place the picture was taken. You bet they did.

Little boys don’t vanish. Kyron didn’t vanish. Where is Kyron?

Just my humble opinion, of course.

I need to see his face right now. Kyron, the beautiful little boy with the huge smile. Loving her and dependent on her to love him back. Dressed in a CSI t-shirt. Where is he?

kyron3jpg-42b82154c5c24430.jpg

Remember how many white truck sightings were reported from that day, like the one up at hwy 30 or in a side-street across the road from the Horman's? All with female drivers, none of which were Terri?
I’m sure I do not remember how many white truck sightings there were that day. I believe most of the white truck sightings were made up by Terri.

The two specifically referred to above, I believe were reported in MSM. I’ll link so people can follow along.

“Chas” tip: Hwy 30 guy, correct? He complained that his tip wasn’t handled fast enough. But he gave 9:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. as the time of the sighting. Law enforcement knew Terri was at Fred Meyer, Hillsboro, and en route or arriving at Fred Meyer, Beaverton around those times. I don’t think LE knew about DeDe yet. The phone ping confirmed Terri (or someone with Terri’s phone) to be in the area around 11:00 a.m. LE was very busy. This was a big case. They did search the area. They even drug the pond.

Side street across from Kaine’s house: [JK sighting,] right?: There were two sightings—one at about 3:00 p.m. Friday and one at about 2:00 a.m. Saturday. The area was heavily searched. Yes, this was very near Kaine’s house. Kaine, Terri, and the baby didn’t leave to meet Kyron’s bus until around 3:30 p.m., so it is possible she could have driven to the area to throw something out or visit with friends and returned without Kaine knowing she was gone. It wouldn’t have been her at 2:00 a.m. Saturday. Law enforcement was at Kaine’s house and Kaine, Terri, and Kaine’s white F250 were all accounted for. Did someone help Terri who also had or had access to a white F250 similar to Kaine’s? Was that person driving around wanting to be close to Terri? I’ve heard of people who committed unspeakable crimes doing creepy things like that. Jonathan Foster’s case is one such example.

FYI, there is a thread on Websleuths dedicated to victims who were later found in areas that had already been searched.

All my own opinion, of course.

So now we add a new element to the timeline - Terri leaves the baby with another person inside the school so she could go sit in the truck and make a call? When so many extra elements have to be postulated just to make sense of a theory, perhaps the theory isn't all that solid.
It’s simple speculation and clearly stated as such. It’s not intended to add anything to the timeline. Just a “what if”?

LE believe Terri was alone outside the school talking on her phone, for a period of time between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. The baby was somewhere. I’m sure Terri didn’t lock her 18-month-old biological child in a closet and cover her mouth with duct tape to stop her from making a sound. So where was the baby? Either with someone inside the school, or in the truck with Terri positioned so she couldn’t be seen or heard. It was a cold, damp, rainy day.

And before anyone starts. Yes, the baby’s whereabouts that morning were shrouded in secrecy. We always assumed it was because of her age. But maybe the reason had more significance than we realized. We have the following from Terri on the Dr. Phil show.

[2:47] And so he went up the stairs by the office and I went up the stairs that are by the gym, and then, because I’ve got the baby and the baby’s diaper bag, so he beat me up the stairs …
Terri Horman Describes The Last Time She Saw Stepson Kyron Horman

How is that related to her immunity?

Excellent question. How were DeDe’s tax problems related to her immunity deal?

I do not believe they were.

That odorous pile wasn't touched by the mainstream media.

Previous comments concerning this topic: here, here, and here

IMO

This has been asked twice: once referring to it as a realistic sequence and, secondly, referring to it as a logical sequence.

My response is here, but it's my pleasure to post it again.

Is this where GZ talked to Terri as well, ca 8:30, about the T-shirts (as detailed here)?

The first bell sounded at 8:45 a.m. and all children reported to their homerooms to be divided into groups to tour the science fair. Terri and Kyron returned and pictures were taken, including one of GZ’s daughter in front of her project, and one of Kyron’s friend KH in front of his project.

But now there's only ca 15 minutes to do the whole tour, talk to McBeth, go out to the truck, make a call, return, go to the classroom. And in the classroom she needs to take multiple pictures and talk to the teacher. Remember, she pretty much has to leave no more than a minute or so after 8:45. The police have her (per their posters) at Fred Meyer 8-10 (depending on traffic) minutes away at 9:00, and she also needs to walk to her truck (a minute's walk per Google maps), strap in her kid, then do the opposite at Fred Meyer.
There are a lot of things that need to happen in little more than 15 minutes.

And as I mentioned before, it would not make sense for GZ to believe Terri and Kyron were walking away to look at exhibits when this was after the bell had rung and the groups were supposed to be formed.

Could you provide a link or supporting information on where I could find the "other statements that the "mishearing" incident as Terri exited the classroom, occurred", please?

Specifically, I would appreciate a link directing me to the "other statements" that verify the "mishearing" incident did occur as Terri exited Kyron's classroom.

Thanks!

Huh. I thought I had an article confirming that, but now I can't find it. Feel free to disregard. Either way, it doesn't change my main point - teachers were supposed to be in their classrooms. No one has ever placed a teacher outside one to my knowledge. And most importantly, they were still in the school - Desiree wasn't.

7-year-old Kyron Richard Horman was missing. Law enforcement would confirm the time and location the last known picture of him was taken, as they would for any missing child. With technology. It would be standard procedure. They don’t have to settle for eyewitness accounts anymore. It just takes a little time due to search warrants and busy labs.

Especially in a case like Kyron’s where the last known picture of him was taken by the last known person to see him, about 10 minutes before he vanished. Oh, yeah. Law enforcement confirmed the time and place the picture was taken. You bet they did.

And the information about the time the picture was taken still hasn't been released.

I’m sure I do not remember how many white truck sightings there were that day. I believe most of the white truck sightings were made up by Terri.

The two specifically referred to above, I believe were reported in MSM. I’ll link so people can follow along.

“Chas” tip: Hwy 30 guy, correct? He complained that his tip wasn’t handled fast enough. But he gave 9:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. as the time of the sighting. Law enforcement knew Terri was at Fred Meyer, Hillsboro, and en route or arriving at Fred Meyer, Beaverton around those times. I don’t think LE knew about DeDe yet. The phone ping confirmed Terri (or someone with Terri’s phone) to be in the area around 11:00 a.m. LE was very busy. This was a big case. They did search the area. They even drug the pond.

So we know this can't be Terri or Dede as they were confirmed to be elsewhere at the time (9:15-9:45). Yet this is what the article says:

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman.

“I didn't really think anything of it, obviously at that time there was no reason to.”

“Chas” said he's been following Kyron's disappearance since day 1, and when police released the flier asking the public to come forward with any information if they had seen Terri Horman or the white truck the day Kyron disappeared. That's when “Chas” remembered back to June 4th and called the tip line.

So he "realized" it was Terri (which is impossible) only after the police had released their poster on June 18th, featuring Terri and a white truck. If anything, this shows just how easy it is to suggest memories in witnesses, and how damaging it can be for an investigation to become suspect-centric so early on.

Side street across from Kaine’s house: [JK sighting,] right?: There were two sightings—one at about 3:00 p.m. Friday and one at about 2:00 a.m. Saturday. The area was heavily searched. Yes, this was very near Kaine’s house. Kaine, Terri, and the baby didn’t leave to meet Kyron’s bus until around 3:30 p.m., so it is possible she could have driven to the area to throw something out or visit with friends and returned without Kaine knowing she was gone. It wouldn’t have been her at 2:00 a.m. Saturday. Law enforcement was at Kaine’s house and Kaine, Terri, and Kaine’s white F250 were all accounted for. Did someone help Terri who also had or had access to a white F250 similar to Kaine’s? Was that person driving around wanting to be close to Terri? I’ve heard of people who committed unspeakable crimes doing creepy things like that. Jonathan Foster’s case is one such example.

FYI, there is a thread on Websleuths dedicated to victims who were later found in areas that had already been searched.

All my own opinion, of course.

It's hardly realistic to think the 3:00 pm sighting was Terri. Kaine was in the house, after all, and he didn't notice Terri leaving or the truck driving away? And as you say, the 2:00 am sighting definitely wasn't Terri. But if there was someone else driving a white F250 there, there is not the slightest reason to believe it was connected to Terri.

It’s simple speculation and clearly stated as such. It’s not intended to add anything to the timeline. Just a “what if”?

LE believe Terri was alone outside the school talking on her phone, for a period of time between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. The baby was somewhere. I’m sure Terri didn’t lock her 18-month-old biological child in a closet and cover her mouth with duct tape to stop her from making a sound. So where was the baby? Either with someone inside the school, or in the truck with Terri positioned so she couldn’t be seen or heard. It was a cold, damp, rainy day.

And this all starts with an unproven statement. We don't know that LE believe Terri was alone outside the school talking on her phone between 8:15 and 8:45. In fact, the statements and info we've got from them say quite the opposite - that they believe it was another person. But because Desiree made an unproven claim, the result is this whole convoluted theory, where within 15 minutes, Terri had to find an impromptu babysitter, go out to the truck, make a call, possibly move the truck a bit, then go back inside and get the baby from the babysitter. Or carry the baby with her for the whole process, including surreptitious positioning of the baby. All of this takes place within 15 minutes that also has to include a tour of the school and a conversation with at least one teacher (McBeth).

A far more reasonable scenario is this: Desiree never got that info from the police. While the MCSO seems to have settled on an accomplice being the actual abductor early on, Desiree seems to have changed her mind (at least post-2015 when I suspect her inside information had completely dried up), and gone back to Terri being the abductor and rearranging her information to best fit that. So we get Terri seen leaving with Kyron by eyewitnesses, Terri being the mystery person in the truck, Terri leaving the classroom at 8:45 (because it makes no sense to trick the teacher into thinking you're leaving for an appointment if you're going to spend 15-20 minutes touring the school first).

And before anyone starts. Yes, the baby’s whereabouts that morning were shrouded in secrecy. We always assumed it was because of her age. But maybe the reason had more significance than we realized. We have the following from Terri on the Dr. Phil show.

[2:47] And so he went up the stairs by the office and I went up the stairs that are by the gym, and then, because I’ve got the baby and the baby’s diaper bag, so he beat me up the stairs …
Terri Horman Describes The Last Time She Saw Stepson Kyron Horman

It was only shrouded in secrecy because amateur sleuthers placed an over-sized importance on it. From the parents and the MCSO it never seemed to hold much importance. Kaine confirmed early on that the baby had been with Terri that morning. A witness from Fred Meyer mentioned the baby in a public interview. By December the MCSO released a list of every non-studend confirmed at the school, with the baby on it.

I think the misplaced importance was largely due to the fact that people had a hard time conceiving of a scenario where Terri killed or otherwise harmed Kyron, all while handling a baby. And I sympathize, but in my humble opinion, there is a far easier answer to that.

Excellent question. How were DeDe’s tax problems related to her immunity deal?

I do not believe they were.

That odorous pile wasn't touched by the mainstream media.

Previous comments concerning this topic: here, here, and here

IMO

I don't think they were related either. I think the police gambled on Dede knowing something and used Kaine, Desiree and the media to pressure her. This, I suspect, out of pure desperation, since they obviously didn't have anything at that point. I can only hope the real reason for them finally relenting and giving her immunity and putting her before the Grand Jury had nothing to do with taking a polygraph - which she didn't do in 2010, but did in 2013.

But sadly, I suspect the real reason for them giving her immunity was that they wanted her to be part of a new sting operation against Terri. Either way, her story hasn't changed.

Huh. I thought I had an article confirming that, but now I can't find it. Feel free to disregard. Either way, it doesn't change my main point - teachers were supposed to be in their classrooms. No one has ever placed a teacher outside one to my knowledge. And most importantly, they were still in the school - Desiree wasn't.
The science fair was that morning, though. That’s why the first roll call wasn’t taken until 10:00 a.m. The statements from TP and KH support the teacher being in her classroom at that time.

The leaders of the parent-led groups were in Kyron’s classroom gathering the kids to be in their respective groups between 8:45 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. The group tours started at 9:00 a.m. I believe they ended at about 9:45 a.m., giving everyone time to return to their homerooms and settle for roll call.

Terri left Kyron’s classroom somewhere between 8:45 a.m. and 8:50 a.m., leading Kyron and the baby. She wouldn’t have had to wait for the official start of the tour like the others. And even a 5-minute head start would mean fewer people in the hallway to see the three leaving.

I don’t think the homeroom teacher had to be in her classroom between 8:45 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. as on a normal day. She may have been in her classroom earlier but left at the sound of the bell to go to an assigned station in the gym.

So, it’s possible the teacher was in the gym which is by the door where Terri exited around 8:55 a.m. We know from TK’s media interview there were science projects in the gym. The teacher may have been scheduled to supervise the projects in the gym as the parent-led groups went through on their tour.

Terri most likely stood at the gym entrance and called out to the teacher that she was taking Kyron to a doctor’s appointment. Then the three of them walked down the stairs and out the door. JMO

Snipped: Witnesses said Kyron arrived at the school with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, on Friday morning, perhaps about 8 a.m. Parents had been invited to attend Skyline's annual schoolwide science fair, an event scheduled for 8 to 10 a.m., according to the PTA.

Kyron Horman disappearance: Skyline school parents and students will be interviewed Sunday | OregonLive.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back