Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't want another "Casey Anthony". So we wait. We wait as evidence is meticulously gathered. We wait for justice for 7-year-old Kyron Horman. We wait while a dangerous woman roams free. We watch. She doesn't like that. That's okay.

Snipped quote, Article dated July 9, 2010: Kyron's father, Kaine Horman said 'I think anything is possible based on what's gone on in the past few weeks.'

Snipped quote: "The Sanchez testimony establishes an extreme risk of harm to [Baby], as well as Petitioner,'' Kaine Horman's attorney, Brett Engel, wrote in the filing. "The Sanchez testimony establishes a motive surrounding the disappearance of Kyron Horman."

Snipped quote: 'I don't even know what she's capable of,' he added. [Cristobal, a Sacramento adult caregiver]

Transcribed from the video embedded in the link below:
Desiree Young: It's not a stranger that walked into Kyron's school and took him that day. We know who it was.

Snipped Quote: Grand jury hearings are closed to the media and to the public. The secret panel can bring criminal charges or help collect information.

They don't want another "Casey Anthony". So we wait. We wait as evidence is meticulously gathered.

I'd be very surprised if there was still any evidence gathered, meticulously or not. Casey Anthony seems like a bad excuse from the LE, except I don't think I've ever heard them say it themselves. Certainly they could have charged her with the murder for hire plots without threatening an acquittal in the abduction case - if they had actual evidence they occurred.

We wait for justice for 7-year-old Kyron Horman. We wait while a dangerous woman roams free. We watch. She doesn't like that. That's okay.

Nah, she'll probably be fine with people "watching". It was the freaks who camped outside her house, came to her workplace, insinuated themselves into her court cases, who she probably disliked. But they seem to have calmed down the past few years.

Snipped Quote: Grand jury hearings are closed to the media and to the public. The secret panel can bring criminal charges or help collect information.

And the evidence they helped collect has not been enough to establish probable cause.

Justice For Kyron!.gif
Today is Kyron's 20th birthday. I don't believe he is somewhere in a foreign land celebrating.

I don't believe he changed in a positive way too much from the picture below. 3'8"; 50 lbs.
Kyron Horman getting off his school bus.jpg

Listen to her, in her own words--(Desiree had nothing to do with this)--just a couple of weeks after Kyron had disappeared.

Snipped quote:
6/30/2010, around 10:30 pm:

Terri: You are a doll. Men don’t approach me b/c they know I can outbench them. Do u know I have never dated anyone I couldn’t bench their weight?

Michael: I weigh about 180.

Terri: I can do 195.

Michael: I’m speechless.

Terri: Was intended. That’s how I roll. Dede and I are eating nutterbutter bites atm. LOL

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/redacted-text-messages.PDF

How long do we think it would take someone who can bench press 195 lbs to harm a little boy, 3'8", weighing all of 50 lbs?

Below is a picture of Skyline School and its grounds. The blue star is Kyron's homeroom; the yellow "x" is the stairwell by the gym where she said she was standing at the top (a lie, btw), as she has a "vision" of the back of Kyron's head near his classroom door (another lie). This was all supposedly at 8:45 am. (All IMO)

And the white arrow is approximately where Kaine's F250 would have been parked; which she borrowed that morning to bring home Kyron's science project. (lie) (IMO)
Kyron Horman Classroom; F250; Hall Door.jpg
Image from this video. KGW8

Last edited:
Below is a picture of Skyline School and its grounds. The blue star is Kyron's homeroom; the yellow "x" is the stairwell by the gym where she said she was standing at the top (a lie, btw), as she has a "vision" of the back of Kyron's head near his classroom door (another lie). This was all supposedly at 8:45 am. (All IMO)

And the white arrow is approximately where Kaine's F250 would have been parked; which she borrowed that morning to bring home Kyron's science project. (lie) (IMO)
View attachment 365302
Image from this video. KGW8

Quick aside, the yellow x isn't actually at the stairwell, it's by the exit to the buses. The stairwell would be further west, close to the middle of the gym. See the map in this post for details.

Putting your case before a grand jury isn't a sign of seriousness. The grand jury is there to determine if probable cause exists, and if it does, return a true bill. It hasn't done so in this case, or for any of the murder for hire plots. If it had, that would have been a sign of seriousness.

What LE individuals personally believe is also irrelevant without evidence. There have been plenty of cases when LE have (based on intuition, or hunches or the like) believed in a person's guilt and turned out to have been completely wrong.

Evidence matters.
There is some evidence. And it all points to Terri. But the prosecutors want either a body or something else before they will take this one to court. It's simply a matter of not wanting to lose their one shot at putting Terri behind bars where she belongs.

And there are also plenty of cases where LE knows exactly who the guilty party is, but they need that one element to move the case forward. This is one of those cases. If they ever find Kyron's body they will arrest Terri and this case will go to trial.

Most cases are more circunstantial, and have less physical evidence than people realize. In Kyron's case it's been tough because there is no crime scene. The circunstantial evidence is already in place. LE knows the who,the what and the when. They just can't find the where. I believe they will one day though.

There is some evidence. And it all points to Terri.
But we don't know that. We don't know if it exists, or what it is if it does. In fact, whenever details come out, they're in Terri's favor - like the CCTV and witnesses at the stores or the police's Sauvie Island blunder.
But the prosecutors want either a body or something else before they will take this one to court. It's simply a matter of not wanting to lose their one shot at putting Terri behind bars where she belongs.
But if they wanted to charge her for the MFH plots, they could do so without putting the kidnapping case in peril. If they had any evidence for the MFH plots, that is.
And there are also plenty of cases where LE knows exactly who the guilty party is, but they need that one element to move the case forward. This is one of those cases. If they ever find Kyron's body they will arrest Terri and this case will go to trial.
When the police are reduced to trying - and failing - to set up a second sting operation three years after the fact, I don't think it signals confidence in their case. Quite the opposite.
Most cases are more circunstantial, and have less physical evidence than people realize. In Kyron's case it's been tough because there is no crime scene. The circunstantial evidence is already in place. LE knows the who,the what and the when. They just can't find the where. I believe they will one day though.
I believe that when they find the where, the who, the what and the when will have nothing to do with Terri.

I think the MCSO bungled this case early on, and now it's too late for them - Terri is literally all they have, any shot at identifying and catching an outside predator is long gone. The only time we see purported movement in the case is when someone from the media asks them about it.

But we don't know that. We don't know if it exists, or what it is if it does. In fact, whenever details come out, they're in Terri's favor - like the CCTV and witnesses at the stores or the police's Sauvie Island blunder.

But if they wanted to charge her for the MFH plots, they could do so without putting the kidnapping case in peril. If they had any evidence for the MFH plots, that is.

When the police are reduced to trying - and failing - to set up a second sting operation three years after the fact, I don't think it signals confidence in their case. Quite the opposite.

I believe that when they find the where, the who, the what and the when will have nothing to do with Terri.

I think the MCSO bungled this case early on, and now it's too late for them - Terri is literally all they have, any shot at identifying and catching an outside predator is long gone. The only time we see purported movement in the case is when someone from the media asks them about it.
Also, the lack of any cameras either outside or inside the school makes the case reliant on witness testimony with witnesses contradicting each other.

One statement that I have not seen discussed in length is TH's supposed statement about needing the truck to take Kyron's science project to the school. To me, the truck seems like the worst vehicle for that purpose. According to the picture taken at the school, the science project wasn't all that big. If it was put in the bed of the truck, it could have flown out before getting to the school. Putting it in inside the truck would have been similar to putting it in a car. What was so special about the truck? Was it four wheel drive? Also, what was the condition of the truck after TH driving it around rural roads? Was it muddy, have debris from trees and bushes on it, or marks it had been in high water, signs it had been off road?

While on the subject of the "truck" thought I'd put this article right here.

KGW has learned that investigators are trying to determine the identity of a person who was seen sitting in the truck Terri Horman was driving the day Kyron Horman disappeared.
According to several sources in the Skyline community, including people who have spoken with investigators, the person was seen by at least two witnesses while Terri was in the school with Kyron.

Investigators have gone through Terri's cell phone and email records trying to establish who the person was.

Also, KGW has learned that at least three friends of Terri's, including DeDe Spicher, bought prepaid cell phones in the days following Kyron's disappearance, some using fake names.

Where is Kyron Horman?

When I review pictures of DDS, I'm always startled how much she and Terri look alike.

I support the state in not rushing to charge Terri with the murder-for-hire plots. (FYI - There is no time limitation).

Unfortunately, even combining the two (and any others which may exist but remain unknown to us), would probably not equal a significant prison sentence and, in fact, would likely end up only serving her “poor persecuted little me” persona.

It's unlikely we would be looking at the extent of evidence as seen in the Dalia Dippolito case.

Not a hint of Terri’s probable involvement in Kyron’s disappearance would be allowed to be so much as whispered at a trial for solicitation of murder, unless or until his case had already been tried and she convicted.

But the murder-for-hire plot involving Kaine as the victim is extremely valuable to Kyron’s case as the state can use it to show motive. The door will be opened to Desiree’s statements about Terri wanting her to take custody of Kyron; about all the hate-filled emails; about how Terri blamed Kyron for her failing marriage. Terri’s email about a huge argument between her and Kaine raging until 3 am on the 4th and how she intended to leave Kaine that day—it will be allowed in, too. It all becomes valuable evidence.

And combining the two known murder-for-hire plots with her known attempt to hold a knife to a man’s face and make threats of harm to him and/or his family would make a powerful case of “future dangerousness” during the death penalty phase following a conviction in the 1st-degree murder trial for Kyron Horman. (Or there may be other ways of working in additional charges).

So, I’m glad they are waiting.

Snipped quote:
Kaine Horman said he believes Terri Horman had contemplated divorcing him months before Kyron's disappearance, but that she was concerned she could lose her daughter to him. He pointed to the presumption in Oregon that step-siblings should not be separated after a divorce, absent some overriding reason, Engel wrote.
Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to get rid of her husband: court records

Snipped quote:
Landscaper Rodolfo Sanchez-Estrada said Terri Horman told him she was afraid Kaine Horman was going to try and take her daughter away from her, so she wanted Sanchez to get rid of him.
Gardener says Terri Horman wanted him to 'get rid' of Kaine

Snipped quote:
Young, who became visibly emotional on camera, explained that a year prior to Kyron's disappearance, she tried to get custody of him.
"Kaine told me it was not an option on several occasions and it was a point of contention with us," Young said. "Kyron on many occasions told me he wanted to come and live with me and on a couple of different occasions, Terri had called me specifically so that I could talk to Kyron because he was so upset and Terri, personally wanted me to take Kyron."
On Friday, police showed Young e-mails Terri had sent to friends describing her marriage to Kaine and her feelings about Kyron.
Young said the emails reveal "a severe hatred for Kyron."
"She blames a lot of the marital problems between Kaine and herself on Kyron.
It was a huge point of contention in their marriage and she had expressed in great detail her hatred for Kyron," Young said.

Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, appears solo on Today Show saying Terri Horman had 'severe hatred for Kyron'

Snipped quote:
Young said she couldn't go into specifics because of the ongoing investigation. But she didn't hold back about the ugly picture she said the emails painted.
It's very clear from Terri s horrible words that she had a severe hatred for Kyron and that she blamed a lot of the marital problems on Kyron, said Young.

In her interview on Today, Young also said that she tried to get custody of Kyron a year before he disappeared, but Kaine would not allow it. Young said Terri even called her on the phone to urge her to take over custody of Kyron because he was so upset.
He (Kyron) was exhibiting some problems in school, expressing a lot of sadness, and upset at the situation. Kyron on many occasions said he wanted to live with me, she recalled.

But he [Kaine] did confirm that he got the same information about Terri's emails from police on Friday as Desiree.

Desiree: Terri hated Kyron, blamed him for failing marriage

Snipped quote:
Young said Terri Horman put everything in writing, including saying that she and Kaine Horman had been up arguing until 3 a.m., hours before Kyron disappeared. Young said Terri Horman wrote that her marriage to Kaine Horman was over and that she planned to return to Roseburg the day the boy vanished.
Kyron Horman's parents, Desiree Young, Kaine Horman air differences on Dr. Phil

Last edited:
Transcription of Terri on Dr. Phil at about 1:25 minutes in:
Dr. Phil: The science fair was actually the day before.
Terri: Right.
Dr. Phil: You thought it was this day, but it was the day before.
Terri: Right. So, we were told to bring the items on the 3rd which was a Thursday, which was his diorama and his portfolio. And so, we took the truck and then we went to do it then. And that was about 8 o’clock in the morning; dropped him off for that. And the teacher didn’t say a word about—we were told to put them all in the corner. And so, we put them all in the corner and I saw the pile of other projects and so I had just assumed it would be the next day. She didn’t say anything to me. I was all the way in the classroom with him at that time. So, by the time I got there and take the photo of him in front of the project I’m assuming that we’re going to do a tour and then they are going to do their little presentations but that wasn’t the case.
Dr. Phil: That had already been done.
Terri: Right.

Snipped quote:
Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron's science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.
Kaine Horman answers KATU's questions

There was plenty of time during the “window of opportunity of 6+ hours” to take the F250 to a car wash.

When I review pictures of DDS, I'm always startled how much she and Terri look alike.

Same here. Imagine not ever having met her and seeing her from a distance in or around the F250 that was known to be driven by Terri at Skyline School on June 4th. It would take a close look to realize it wasn't Terri.

Alternately, imagine leaving the school after having just seen Terri inside with Kyron and coming out to see someone who looked a lot like Terri in or around the F250 that was known to have been driven to the school by Terri. It would be a memorable moment.

Skyline School is close enough to the lavender farm where DDS was working that day that she could have easily driven directly to the school from her own condo; moved the vehicle to the access road while Terri, Kyron, and the baby were inside the school; got in her own vehicle and driven to work at the lavender farm by 9 am.

She could have brought someone with her and left that person waiting inside the F250. That could have been the reason the F250 was moved further down on the access road--so no one would get a good look at the person.

That's just one possibility. I'm sure there are many others.

Much of the following information came to the media directly from law enforcement and it's never been retracted by law enforcement. I'm sure all media outlets would have covered it, if so.

(I think I'm seeing something like the arguments for the "unofficial" immunity).

Snipped quote:
Multnomah County Chief Deputy District Attorney Rod Underhill said a witness, or witnesses, have reported seeing someone else by the Hormans' extended-cab pickup while it was parked in front of the school between 8:15 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared.
Authorities are seeking to identify the person, or persons, who may have been spotted by the truck as it was parked outside the school's front fence in the shoulder of Northwest Skyline Boulevard. Someone possibly moved the pickup and parked it up a gravel path in front of the school's playground while [Terri] was inside the school with her stepson for his science fair.

Snipped Quote:
And now, Clemens said, there's word a second person may have been waiting in Kyron's stepmother's truck on June 4, the day he went missing. Investigators wwer expected to ask for the public's help today in identifying that second person.
At least two witnesses have told police they saw a second adult waiting in Terri Horman's truck while she was with Kyron at his school science fair the day he disappeared. Investigators are looking for witnesses to confirm the claim and offer a valid description.

Snipped Quote:
But perhaps there’s a reason Terri didn’t need much time. Investigators have explored the possibility that Terri had help. There have been reports that on the morning of June 4th at least one person saw someone inside the Hormans’ white pickup truck here at Skyline School while Terri was inside with Kyron.
They developed a lead that they thought there was another individual in the pickup truck. There was speculation that maybe it was [DeDe].

Dateline NBC : WBAL : November 12, 2010 9:00pm-11:00pm EST : Free Borrow & Streaming : Internet Archive

Snipped Quote:
"We are looking for anyone who may have seen Terri in her white truck between 8:15 and 8:45 a.m. that day near the school," said deputy DA Rod Underhill.
Police say they are trying to determine whether a friend of Terri Horman, DeDe Spicher, was seen with her in the stepmother's pickup truck the day Kyron went missing.

Snipped quote:
The Oregonian reported that Spicher, 43, was spotted by a witness leaving her job for about 90 minutes on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared from his elementary school. She was gone, the paper reported, around the same time the boy is believed to have vanished and that a second witness reported not being able to reach Spicher on her cell phone during that time.

Snipped quote:
"How far could he have gotten with that one particular individual? It's not very far," Kaine said. "We've searched a lot of those areas, so if he's not in those areas, then where is he? Then the next question is who else was involved and who was he with?"

Last edited:
One statement that I have not seen discussed in length is TH's supposed statement about needing the truck to take Kyron's science project to the school. To me, the truck seems like the worst vehicle for that purpose. According to the picture taken at the school, the science project wasn't all that big. If it was put in the bed of the truck, it could have flown out before getting to the school. Putting it in inside the truck would have been similar to putting it in a car. What was so special about the truck? Was it four wheel drive? Also, what was the condition of the truck after TH driving it around rural roads? Was it muddy, have debris from trees and bushes on it, or marks it had been in high water, signs it had been off road?

Unusual for me to write anything to defend TH, but in this one, yeah, I'm doing just that.

IIRC, Kyron usually rode the bus to school, Terri was a stay-at-home-mom.

Wasn't her car the Mustang with the 'Red Squirrel' license plate? If so, both kids would have had to be in the back seat, buckled in car seats. Imagine opening the heavier, longer door of a 2-door car, moving the front seat forward, maneuvering the toddler into their seat, reach way back while bent over, buckle up, then lather-rinse-repeat on the other side of the car with the small-framed Kyron.

Then get the poster & etc in, maybe in the passenger seat, maybe in the trunk.

Don't forget the diaper bag & Kyron's backpack, possibly Terri's gym bag.

Yeah, I'd take the truck. Buckle both kids at a comfortable working height. Plenty of room in the cab for the poster, etc, and a bag for each person.

And, as I've said upthread, when I drive Mr. Laughing's blasted extended cab long bed truck with receiver hitch I park as far out in any lot as possible.

jmho ymmv lrr of course

Unusual for me to write anything to defend TH, but in this one, yeah, I'm doing just that.

IIRC, Kyron usually rode the bus to school, Terri was a stay-at-home-mom.

Wasn't her car the Mustang with the 'Red Squirrel' license plate? If so, both kids would have had to be in the back seat, buckled in car seats. Imagine opening the heavier, longer door of a 2-door car, moving the front seat forward, maneuvering the toddler into their seat, reach way back while bent over, buckle up, then lather-rinse-repeat on the other side of the car with the small-framed Kyron.

Then get the poster & etc in, maybe in the passenger seat, maybe in the trunk.

Don't forget the diaper bag & Kyron's backpack, possibly Terri's gym bag.

Yeah, I'd take the truck. Buckle both kids at a comfortable working height. Plenty of room in the cab for the poster, etc, and a bag for each person.

And, as I've said upthread, when I drive Mr. Laughing's blasted extended cab long bed truck with receiver hitch I park as far out in any lot as possible.

jmho ymmv lrr of course
Agreed. Take the ordinary white truck that no one will notice vs the beautiful red mustang.

As a refresher on DDS. My speculation is that law enforcement was searching for burner phones that DDS and Terri used on June 4, 2010. Not the burner phones purchased later by the "group", but burner phones used on the day Kyron Horman disappeared. MOO

By the CNN Wire Staff
July 26, 2010 5:57 p.m. EDT
Snipped quote:
Spicher appeared before an investigative grand jury in Portland on Monday, according to her attorney, Chad Stavley.

Stavley, who told HLN that he was retained Friday, said Spicher was not asked any questions by the prosecutor but was ordered to return at a future date.
Stavley disputed those comments Monday, saying Spicher has been "extremely cooperative" with police as they executed search warrants on her home and car. He said she also met with the lead investigator in the case last week for more than three hours.
The Oregonian reported that detectives have asked Spicher about her whereabouts June 4, the day Kyron was last seen. According to the newspaper, Spicher was doing gardening work for a Portland homeowner when she "abruptly left about 11:30 a.m." The homeowner tried reaching Spicher on her cell phone, the newspaper reported, but got no answer. Spicher returned to the house about 90 minutes later, the newspaper reported, citing detectives.

Stavley declined to comment Monday on what Spicher was doing during those 90 minutes.

August 9, 2010 / 7:51 AM / CBS
Snipped quote: Included in the search: property where Dede Spicher was working June 4. She is a close friend of Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, who's thought to be the last person to have seen him alive.

According to reports, it was a tip from Spicher that may have sparked this latest search, which follows Spicher's grand jury testimony, as well as that of other close friends of Terri Horman's. Kyron's parents and grade school principal also appeared in court last week. The grand jury is expected to hear from more witnesses this week.

By Edecio Martinez
August 9, 2010 / 3:38 PM / CBS NEWS
Snipped quote: But according to CBS affiliate KOIN, it was a tip from Dede Spicher, a close friend of Kyron's stepmother, Terri Horman, who is thought to be the last person to have seen him alive, that prompted the renewed search.
"...This is not a search-and-rescue," McCain told the morning show. "This is a forensic search for criminal evidence, more than likely, something very specific that Dede told them about. It could even very well be one of these untraceable cell phones."

August 8, 2010 / KATU News Video

I'm wondering if there is an MSM link supporting the above as being the reason Terri gave for parking so far back at both the Fred Meyer stores she visited on June 4, 2010.

I seem to remember the reason she gave for doing so as something quite different.

I know it's very good to "lighten" our discussion on these cases sometimes, but all I can think of when I think of that truck being parked so far back from the front doors of each of the Fred Meyer stores is Kyron lying in a recycling bin in the trunk bed or Kyron lying on the floor of the cab covered with something.

So I hope you can forgive me for not wanting to stand in any kind of "sister solidarity" with TMH on this.

I'll keep looking myself for a link, but if you have one handy I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong