Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Iboshi @KyleIboshi
Court docs indicate Terri Horman's parents testified in deposition they're bankrolling defense. Paid lawyers $250,000

Court records also revealed Monday that Terri was called for a deposition on Dec. 4. She repeatedly asserted her Fifth Amendment rights and refused to testify about her earnings or living expenses.

Therefore her parents were asked to give a deposition, which showed they spent $250,000 to retain her attorneys and continue to support her with no expectation of repayment.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Horman-divorce-hearing-looking-at-murder-for-hire-evidence-236054061.html

How would revealing her living expenses or earnings incriminate her in the criminal investigation?
I thought she asked Kaine to give her money. How is the court going to be able to tell how much she should rightfully get if they have to guess what she has or hasn't got?

Honestly, I think her attorney's have a valid point. gitana1, what is your professional opinion?

I agree. Would love to hear your take gitana, since family law is your forte.

Would Terry have to pay child support for baby K if she was earning any income?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yep and any back support since she hasn't had her as well.

I guess I fail to see how delving into the attempted sting would help prove anything one way or another re: the truth of the MFH scheme.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: Why did TH perceive RS as a “threat” while he was still sitting in his truck? This is a guy who had worked for her and with whom – according to court docs filed during the whole sexting affair – she’d had e-intimacy. How did she know he wasn’t there to lend support and help, given Ky’s disappearance? Was he sitting in his truck yelling extortion threats? Was he wearing a Halloween mask and waving a gun?

That she called 911 and pled ignorance should come as no surprise. By this time, LE had subjected her to repeated polygraphs; she stormed out of one; delayed another; and (according to DY, TY, and KH) “vented” to all who would listen that LE was unfairly targeting her. If the questioning of RS about the sting and his role in it is allowed, then – by rights – TH should have to take the stand regarding her reasons for considering RS a “threat” before he uttered a word to her. Yeah, I know. That won’t happen.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97989739.html
“One source said the first call made by Terri came in as a Priority Three call at 5:18 p.m. and was about someone in a truck threatening her. Moments later Terri made the second call and said a man wanted $10,000. But there was no explanation given for why he wanted it.”

How would revealing her living expenses or earnings incriminate her in the criminal investigation?
I thought she asked Kaine to give her money. How is the court going to be able to tell how much she should rightfully get if they have to guess what she has or hasn't got?

I know, and along those lines I can't figure out how someone even "wrongly suspected of kidnap/murder" can be asking for time with a defenseless, vulnerable child without being willing to do most of the basic things that are required in a custody evaluation. She's not willing to go through a basic psychological evaluation! How the heck is a custody investigator supposed to determine whether she's a risk if she's not willing to say anything about her mental or emotional state? They probably screen part time nannies with more thoroughness than that.

And like you said Donjeta, how are they supposed to determine financial support if she's unwilling to discuss her financial situation?

How does she/her attorneys expect this to actually be a productive hearing, financial or custodial? Seems like a stalemate. Yes, they have a legal right to refuse to participate in the evaluations, but if the courts can't even subpoena the information then they don't have any way to evaluate the facts and make decisions. So wouldn't any hearing just be a charade at this point?

Seems like some lame and ill conceived attempt to reintroduce her to society as a victim in this family tragedy. FAIL!

If I recall correctly, Kaine initially wanted to know where TMH got the money to fund her defense because he thought that half the money (marital assets?) should be his. Maybe thats why she took the fifth on her income? JMO

KGW obtained a copy of the divorce agreement Tuesday and here is what the couple agreed on:
•Terri must pay Kaine $224 month in child support
•Kaine will continue to pay $576/year for Kiara's health coverage
•Terri must maintain a $100,000 life insurance policy, with Kiara as the beneficiary
•Terri gets 73.3% of Kaine's Intel 401(K) retirement plan and $6,937 in Intel stock
•Kaine gets all of his Intel 401(K) savings plan
•Kaine gets the Northwest Portland home they once shared
•Terri gets the couple's Ford Mustang
•Kaine gets the couple's Ford truck and John Deere tractor
•Terri and Kaine are responsible for their own debts and attorney fees

Terri and Kaine did not comment Tuesday on the dissolution of their marriage.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Terri-Horman--Kaine-Horman-finalize-divorce-238305601.html

Divorce for Kaine, Terri Horman finalized at emergency hearing

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
An emergency hearing was called Tuesday to finalize the long-standing divorce case between Kaine and Terri Horman.
A representative for Judge Henry Kantor said the judge signed a stipulated limited judgment granting a dissolution of marriage Tuesday. As a result, the divorce trial scheduled for Jan. 2 has been canceled.

http://www.kptv.com/story/24338663/divorce-between-kaine-terri-horman-finalized-at-emergency-hearing

Eh? Emergency hearing? This has been going on for years, delay after postponement after delay. How did this suddenly become so urgent that it couldn't have waited for two days?

Eh? Emergency hearing? This has been going on for years, delay after postponement after delay. How did this suddenly become so urgent that it couldn't have waited for two days?

The only thing I can think of is some kind of tax issue or legal issue that needed to be resolved in 2013? Since it was the last day of the year.

Perhaps LE has a little New Years Eve event planned? :)

New thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230332"]Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79