L.A. sheriff looks into 50 missing women

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From this Daily Breeze article:

Two calls sent shudders through the homicide bureau.

Children of a woman found killed in 1980 said one of the women looked like their mother, Peavy said.

The family sent a photograph to detectives and it appears to match a face among the 50, Peavy said.

Another family in the Midwest called detectives and said one face looks like their 14-year-old daughter, who vanished after she ran away from home in 1975.

They also sent a photograph to detectives, who compared it with Bradford’s pictures and agreed it “looks pretty close,” Peavy said.

Many of the photographs found in his home showed women in sexually explicit poses. Peavy said investigators have more photos than those they have released publicly.

Besides Duhamel, detectives also suspect Bradford in the slaying of 34-year-old Patricia Dulong in Santa Monica in 1975, and the killing of Mischa Stewart, a 23-year-old gay man found strangled with a bra in 1982.

I wonder which one is the 15 year old missing girl. None of the id'd ones look to be 15.

I am assuming by now that this guy only had an interest in white women, even though 29 looks black to me??

dontpanic38 said:
I am convinced that this is just the tip of the iceburg. This guy is one of the most sadistic, evil people I have ever read about. Steve Huff posted a link to a court document that is one of the most disturbing things I have read.

This guy really enjoyed torturing people, and when you read the details of the rapes, you have to think that as far as he went and as brutal as he was, the people who are alive are extrememly lucky. You can tell just by reading the facts that the people who are dead did not go quickly or peacefully.
Just reading it convinced me that when you take into consideration the brutality that he was capable of to the people who lived, there has to be a lot of people who did not live.

Also I saw that someone said that they were not searching for boys, or preteens, if you look at the court records, he is capable of anything.

Anyway, here is the link:
(I should add that it is an extremely long read and some of it is brutally graphic.)

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:ZUDbU1aKjpQJ:caselaw.findlaw.com/data2/californiastatecases/s005707.pdf+%22Bill+Bradford%22%2B%22Shari+Miller%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5&client=firefox-a

I agree it is really disturbing. And I agree that they should be looking at young men also. Esp. those who might have a leaning to bisexuality or homosexuality.
One thing that stood out for me was the fact that he may have saved women's clothing, and later used the clothing in pictures he took of other women wearing the clothing. So it would pay to notice clothing descriptions of the missing people, and see if you can find the items in any of the pictures.

I think the young woman in #3 looks young/maybe teenager.

MagicRose99 said:
I believe it was established that #27 was one of his ex wives...
I think #23 and #48 were ex-wives. I haven't seen that #27 was. I remember someone here posted that they would think #27 could be an ex-wife becuase she looks so unhappy. Is that what you are thinking of?

dontpanic38 said:
I am convinced that this is just the tip of the iceburg. This guy is one of the most sadistic, evil people I have ever read about. Steve Huff posted a link to a court document that is one of the most disturbing things I have read.

This guy really enjoyed torturing people, and when you read the details of the rapes, you have to think that as far as he went and as brutal as he was, the people who are alive are extrememly lucky. You can tell just by reading the facts that the people who are dead did not go quickly or peacefully.
Just reading it convinced me that when you take into consideration the brutality that he was capable of to the people who lived, there has to be a lot of people who did not live.

Also I saw that someone said that they were not searching for boys, or preteens, if you look at the court records, he is capable of anything.

Anyway, here is the link:
(I should add that it is an extremely long read and some of it is brutally graphic.)

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:ZUDbU1aKjpQJ:caselaw.findlaw.com/data2/californiastatecases/s005707.pdf+%22Bill+Bradford%22%2B%22Shari+Miller%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5&client=firefox-a

OMG i just read all that (that was so sickening he is a monster) and i so agree with you dontpanic38, DO NOT RULE OUT MALES.

That is a MUST READ. its a long one though, he is one sick #@%^&$%#$@!#$%. Those others are so lucky to be alive!!!!

~aussieblue

anthrobones said:
I think she is also in #54 (on the left)

I think they are the same also. That is the one that I feel so sure that I have seen before on WS, as a cold case missing person. But I can't remember who she was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minklmouse
Back