LA - Ahlittia North, 6, abducted & murdered, Harvey, 13 July 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
idk why the media is not all over this, reporting on site!!! No news for so long...

While she was last seen by mom at 11pm... she was not reported MISSING till 9 the next morning. Could she have gotten up early, saw Mom was 'asleep' and decided to go try to find grandma? I could see a child taking her overnight things if she was going to try to go someplace.
While it is not the safest thing to leave the keys in the burglar bars, in case of a fire, it would be the worst thing to be trapped in there and unable to find the keys. People do it all the time with dead bolts that need a key to open them. At 6 I am sure she would know how to open the door.. and a child could easily leave it open when they leave.
But for NO ONE to have seen her?? No tips??

I'd love to know if the step-father was home, as well as the lay-out of this apartment. I know when I lived in an apartment, it would've been very hard to sneak around there without me hearing it, and little kids aren't the best at doing anything quietly. If he was there, she was taken/left without awakening TWO people.

I'd love to know if the step-father was home, as well as the lay-out of this apartment. I know when I lived in an apartment, it would've been very hard to sneak around there without me hearing it, and little kids aren't the best at doing anything quietly. If he was there, she was taken/left without awakening TWO people.

It sounds like the stepfather was in the home because in one article he describes that he locked the doors of the apartment. I agree, it would be very hard--if not impossible--for someone to come in through three locks on the doors and remove a six year old child from her mother's side without even one of the two adults present hearing anything. It would also be unlikely that a six year old child would not be heard leaving her mother's side, gathering things, unlocking the doors, and making her way out of the apartment without being heard by either of the two adults in the apartment. I am concerned that so far there has been only one picture presented of this precious child. Also, there wasn't any signs of forced entry.

It sounds like the stepfather was in the home because in one article he describes that he locked the doors of the apartment. I agree, it would be very hard--if not impossible--for someone to come in through three locks on the doors and remove a six year old child from her mother's side without even one of the two adults present hearing anything. It would also be unlikely that a six year old child would not be heard leaving her mother's side, gathering things, unlocking the doors, and making her way out of the apartment without being heard by either of the two adults in the apartment. I am concerned that so far there has been only one picture presented of this precious child. Also, there wasn't any signs of forced entry.

Yes the video of him being interviewed says he was getting ready for work and noticed the door ajar and he knew he had locked the door...

It also said that mom put Ahlitta to bed at 11pm...does that mean she was in bed with mom, then mom moved her to her own bed? Step dad was also there. Was she sleeping with both of them? I agree...how could two adults in a small apartment not hear her opening doors and leaving? hmmmm

I have a couple of friends, old ladies now, who decided to pack their bags and run away at the age of 6.

Fortunately none of them came to any harm but 6 year olds think they are nearly grown and have been known to do this sort of thing.

Praying this little darling is safe somewhere...

While she was last seen by mom at 11pm... she was not reported MISSING till 9 the next morning. Could she have gotten up early, saw Mom was 'asleep' and decided to go try to find grandma? I could see a child taking her overnight things if she was going to try to go someplace.
While it is not the safest thing to leave the keys in the burglar bars, in case of a fire, it would be the worst thing to be trapped in there and unable to find the keys. People do it all the time with dead bolts that need a key to open them. At 6 I am sure she would know how to open the door.. and a child could easily leave it open when they leave.
But for NO ONE to have seen her?? No tips??

BBM , I did not think of her leaving in the morning until you said this. Little kids do get up early. Now I'm wondering about neighbors who maybe see her up early every morning and know mom sleeps a little later. Maybe she goes out to get the paper or opens the door to let the cat in/out or sits on the porch in the morning for a minute reading a book, etc. Maybe some neighbor sees her every few mornings and knew this is an ideal time to grab her?

BBM , I did not think of her leaving in the morning until you said this. Little kids do get up early. Now I'm wondering about neighbors who maybe see her up early every morning and know mom sleeps a little later. Maybe she goes out to get the paper or opens the door to let the cat in/out or sits on the porch in the morning for a minute reading a book, etc. Maybe some neighbor sees her every few mornings and knew this is an ideal time to grab her?

I think this is a good thought. The only thing is the toothbrush, paste and blanket throw a wrench in it....

None of my daughters would have made it past the front porch. No way they would take off in the dark! Little girls get scared!

Also, how is it that someone had time to gather the child's belongings and make it in and out of the house with no fear of being caught? No noise to wake Mom, nothing? I'm not buying it.

MOO

Instill wish we knew more about why she was living with Grandma until a month ago. How long did she live with Grandma and why? Someone posted upthread I think that her mother married her step-father in late 2012. I'm assuming she's the only child in the picture, but not because anybody has said so. Might he have children? Older perhaps that weren't happy with dad living with AN instead of them?
I have no idea....just throwing things out there....

It's a townhouse floor plan, bedrooms upstairs. Father said he locked the front door and the security door the night before.

j984.jpg

View of a neighboring building with the same design, pictured here in 2011.
js81.jpg

It's a townhouse floor plan, bedrooms upstairs. Father said he locked the front door and the security door the night before.

That's helpful information, knowing that the bedrooms are not near the front door. It makes it more plausible for them to have not heard the door being opened.

I wonder who she had contact with in the days before she went missing. Someone that may have made a plan to come get her that night/next morning. The missing toothbrush, paste & blanket make you wonder if she gathered those things planning on leaving with someone who was supposed to come get her. Someone that she trusted, obviously.
She may have left on her own by herself, but that doesn't feel right to me.....

Jmo

When a child, her toothbrush, toothpaste, and blanket are all gone it makes me think that her parent packed her up for a sudden, last-minute overnight with a trusted somebody.

Seems most likely, IMO. Except for the whole "missing" thing. :(

I wonder who she had contact with in the days before she went missing. Someone that may have made a plan to come get her that night/next morning. The missing toothbrush, paste & blanket make you wonder if she gathered those things planning on leaving with someone who was supposed to come get her. Someone that she trusted, obviously.
She may have left on her own by herself, but that doesn't feel right to me.....

Jmo

While it is possible Ahlitta left the townhome/apt on her own, I find it highly unlikely. The way the stepfather described locking the doors and the claim that the front door was discovered wide open makes that theory sound implausible to me. Although the home is setup like a townhouse, from the photo of the similar building, it still looks like a very small residence. I would still think that someone would have heard something, but that's just my opinion. Wasn't there also an article in which it was said that Ahlitta was asleep next to her mother or something similar?

When a child, her toothbrush, toothpaste, and blanket are all gone it makes me think that her parent packed her up for a sudden, last-minute overnight with a trusted somebody.

Seems most likely, IMO. Except for the whole "missing" thing. :(
Or someone happened by whom she knew, and who lured her out with a lie about going to visit someone. "Aunt Mary told me to come pick you up so you can spend the weekend by her house. Shhh! Don't wake your mama and stepdaddy. We'll call them later." And the little girl quietly gathered what she'd need for a weekend visit. *shrug*

I don't know what happened, but I think it's safe to say if Ahlitta was abducted, the perp isn't a random stranger.

These woods are so scary.
b443.jpg

JPSO Col. Fortunato was just on TV. He said 36 hours into the investigation, and the police have not received even one tip. None.

LE confirmed the family was home by 11 pm Friday night.

But a perp with keys??

I'd think a 6-year-old could, and would, open the door for someone she knew.

who else would have a key to the place? landlord? managers?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randall99
Back