LA LA- Alicia “Allie” Rose Carver, 19, Beaten to death, & Barbara Ivey, 14, survived injuries, both in same bedroom @ home, Vernon, 11/9/02, *Re-opened*

dotr

Reaction score
1712063674015.png
1712063692600.png
April 2 '24
''Vernon Parish, LA - The Vernon Parish Sheriff's Department Cold Case unit has reopened the September 11, 2002 beating death of Alicia “Allie” Rose Carver, age 19, and the attempted murder of Barbara Ivey, age 14, both of New Llano.

On the night of September 11, 2002, the New Llano Police Department received a call from a house on Lake Street, less than half a mile away from the Police Department.

Law enforcement officers discovered a gruesome scene in one of the bedrooms of the home. A young woman had been brutally beaten and was deceased.''

''In the same bedroom, a 14-year-old female, later identified as Barbara Ivey, a resident of the home, was found critically injured and was immediately transported to the nearest medical facility where she was treated for significant head injuries.

Further examination of Allie Carver’s body revealed that she had been the victim of a brutal attack and suffered horrific injuries to her face and skull. The pathologist noted that Carver’s death was caused by blunt force injuries to the head.''

Warning, pic below of the survivor's injuries
By Lydia Magallanes Sep. 11, 2019
''The male family member who was asleep within the home indicated that he was not awakened by anything until his girlfriend returned home and came into the room screaming his name.

The male family member was cooperative with investigators during the investigation.''
Further examination of Allie Carver’s body indicated that she had been the victim of a brutal attack and suffered horrific injuries to her face and skull. The pathologist noted that Carver’s death was caused by blunt force injuries to the head.''

''This crime scene was one of the most brutal ever witnessed by many law enforcement officers within Vernon Parish.''
1712067673211.png

The first article mentions that the younger victim was a resident of the home. I wonder if the 19 year old lived there, was visiting etc.? It states that they were alone with a male family member I know the younger woman and the girlfriend were mother and daughter but what was the relationship to the 19 year old woman?
That being said, I am not believing that the male slept through someone coming in the house and doing that to two people, hearing nothing ( I suppose it is possible). I wonder what time of night this happened. He can be cooperative all he wants, that doesn't mean he is telling the truth and/or innocent. I wonder about LE asking folks if they have any information yet giving so little. Maybe if they at least told folks what time of night this happened, someone might recollect where the were at that time and trigger something important?

Apr 2, 2024
A homicide and attempted murder case that’s been cold for over two decades is now being reopened by the Vernon Parish Sheriff’s Office.On Sept. 11, 2002, 19-year-old Alicia “Allie” Rose Carver was brutally beaten to death in a New Llano home on Lake Street.“She was just my heart and my heart’s broke,” Carver’s father, Richard Jeane, said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back