LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. It wasn't a silver truck, I don't think. Chief Craft said in the Q&A that it was a white truck, just like his other one. (I don't know when it was purchased).

I see now where Craft mentioned the new white truck (NDWT? Anyone?). I'm guessing, as someone else here said, that "Silverado" became "silver", etc...

I listened to the press conference and was a little taken back when Chief Craft didn't give special mention to Texas Equusearch by name. He did thank the volunteers & searchers. Surely their name was in the script..

RE: 'Cannot release that info due to the ongoing investigation'..

The public's tips were critical in the identification & arrest of Brandon S. Lavergne. The first action taken by BSL was to invoke his 5th amendment right of silence and an attorney. His defense attorney will gain access to this evidence & info during discovery..

"Why the silence to the public by LPD"?

BBM....

I picked up Craft saying that he asked for an attorney during questioning. So, maybe it wasn't right away and they were able to interogate initially. Maybe.

It has been my experience and theory for awhile that perps. have a layer of cover of people they don't harm, and in fact, are Mr. Nice Guy to, in order to hide their secret activities. I've posted in other cases, where I call it the "buffer zone.":

http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom

Busby said Lavergne was cordial to her.

“He seemed like a normal guy to me,” she said. “He’d wave when he passed.”

Busby said after the house burned, Lavergne sat inside her living room to talk to the fire marshal. After the fire, Lavergne went offshore and returned two weeks later with a box of sausage for her as a gesture of thanks, she said.

Even this spring, when Busby received notice that Lavergne was a registered sex offender, she gave him the benefit of the doubt, she said.

“I’d still wave at him because I didn’t think he’d ever hurt me,” she said. “He served his time. Some people change. Some people do not.”

Yep, ironically serial killer BTK: Dennis Rader, worked for ADT and was overly protective of the office secretary..
From 1974 to 1989 Dennis Rader worked at ADT Security Systems
The public rushed to buy alarms & personal protection devices during his reign of terror.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader"]Dennis Rader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

"Items collected from Lavergne’s residence are still being processed to “determine if it has evidence value or not,” Mouton said.
Busby, meanwhile, noted that about four to five weeks ago a pasture that was part of the search had been overcome by buzzards."

from: http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom

I hope they searched the heck out of that pasture & search it and the surrounding areas again just in case. Maybe Mickey was there and he moved her?

I've also been thinking about what was posted here some pages back about BSL digging up skulls & bones from graveyards. I wish we knew which graveyards he was doing this in. Maybe Mickey was buried there initially or later moved there or near there since if true, these graveyards are areas he knows, has spent time in, and probably enjoyed his sick activities in- a special place to him. Ewww.

I think further analysis of the stats would be in order.

And I think a good place to start would be an analysis of the statistical proximities of these rapes to low-density population areas. Both Alaska and Louisiana, for example, have lots of wilderness/remote areas, giving a perp more open space to commit such acts without fear of being seen. That's one theory.

Another is education. Crime rates tend to be higher where educational levels are poor.

Far as the murder rates in LA, I think if one further examines the murder/poverty rate geographical correlations, the picture becomes much clearer.

ALL states have rural/wilderness areas. Also, someone being raped in the woods sounds like something out of a movie. I don't think if you're just walking on a hiking trail in Alaska, someone will come out and rape you. Aren't most rapes, date rapes? Hmmm, I wonder what Alaska's drinking rate is?

Not only did he not thank Texas equusearch, he didn't mention abdella either.

Absolutely a big part of it. Any warm weekend here in Chicago the murderer rate goes up tenfold. You 'll hear about 11 people being shot in one night in July but never in December.

'Christmas spirit'?

Anyone have an idea re: the viability of this news organization as a source? This is the first I've heard confirmation of MS being picked up by BSL other than speculation here.

I agree and hope *picked up* doesn’t mean *followed* and pray that LE has piles of proof for the Aggravated Kidnapping and First-degree Murder charges.

"The video showed Shunick being picked up by a white Chevy Z-71 truck which has now been linked to Lavergne.” As reported by: http://cajunradio.net/details-on-br...sappearance-coming-in-press-conference-today/

If a person is missing and all you have is a burned out truck in Texas, a non-talkative RSO with a whited-out DL who was in the area of the disappearance and picked up a bicycle and then (thinking the better of it) dumped it under a bridge… :thud:

In LA Aggravated Kidnapping is:
http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2006/146/78537.html

ALL states have rural/wilderness areas. Also, someone being raped in the woods sounds like something out of a movie. I don't think if you're just walking on a hiking trail in Alaska, someone will come out and rape you. Aren't most rapes, date rapes? Hmmm, I wonder what Alaska's drinking rate is?

I'm saying there are plenty of places in those locales to which a perp can transport his victim for solitude's sake. Also, most people wouldn't think they'd be abducted and killed in the Saints Street area in Lafayette, LA, but...

Your drinking rate idea is another good one to further analyze, IMO.

Dtl also had a fondness of graveyards. He used one specifically to watch multiple ladies in the Zachary area. Also where he went completely out of his norm and was believed to have killed a man as well.

Getting back to the store that was robbed and set on fire. Do we know what kind of truck was stripped? And how does that correlate to what we think his work schedule was?

Yep, ironically serial killer BTK: Dennis Rader, worked for ADT and was overly protective of the office secretary..
From 1974 to 1989 Dennis Rader worked at ADT Security Systems
The public rushed to buy alarms & personal protection devices during his reign of terror.
Dennis Rader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--------
Hey, thanks for reminding me of that detail. I studied the BTK case pretty intensively; however, I seemed to have forgotten about the Rader/office secretary friendship. I do remember about his ADT Security employment...unfrickenbelievable, but true.

Not only did he not thank Texas equusearch, he didn't mention abdella either.
Nor the special k-9s but his statement does say:
I would be remiss in my duties if I did not acknowledge and thank all of the agencies and private businesses that have been with us from day one of this case: LPSO, ULPD, Lafayette City Marshal’s Office, LSP, SMSO, SLSO, Iberia SO, Iberville SO, East Baton Rouge SO, Acadia SO, Patterson PD, FBI, US Marshal’s Service, LSP Crime Lab, Acadian Crime Lab, C & C Technologies, and Holbrook Media. It is these types of partnerships that have made an arrest possible in this matter.

Things I'd love to add to the timeline (a girl can dream on some of these):

1. When the woman at the dealership reported that he'd altered his license.

2. When he purchased his new vehicle.

3. His exact work schedule.

4. What port he worked out of.

5. What was seen on the video from the Advertiser cameras (and at what time).
I thought of one more:

6. Where (Houston or Lafayette) he returned the rental car.

I believe murder rates are higher in states (and areas) where gun ownership is high. I know most crimes are committed with guns not obtained by legal means. But, in order for someone to steal a gun, someone else had to buy it legally.

Not that I am against gun ownership, I am a proud gun owner.

It bothers me they didn't thank Texas Equusearch. I think the world of Tim Miller. He has gone through a living hell and uses it to help others. 48 Hours Mystery aired a repeat of the "Texas Killing Fields" episode last night.

I was also thinking that instead of burning the truck, he should have to just pushed it into a lake or some other waterway. There are plenty to choose from between Montgomery County, TX and Lafayette, LA. It likely wouldn't have been found for years, if at all.

Getting back to the store that was robbed and set on fire. Do we know what kind of truck was stripped? And how does that correlate to what we think his work schedule was?

It was a business, but I don't believe it was a store.

The truck was a later model GM make (either Chevy or GMC).

I believe the work schedule question was an attempt to establish whether or not he was even onshore -- and, hence, logistically able to be placed at the scene of said fire -- at the time the incident occurred.

Dtl also had a fondness of graveyards. He used one specifically to watch multiple ladies in the Zachary area. Also where he went completely out of his norm and was believed to have killed a man as well.

I honestly don't think we can pin down his work schedule without more information. If we assume (which I think is a bad idea) he would leave/come home on Wednesdays, and that he worked a 2-week hitch because of what was suggested in the press conference, his schedule would have looked something like this:

May 23rd-June 6th
June 20th-July 4th

We know he was in Texas on the 26th of May because he reported his truck stolen. And that he rented a car on May 31st.

I hope someone corrects my dates if they're wrong :)

But to answer your question, the fire you're talking about was reported on June 6th: http://www.katc.com/news/tool-shop-in-lafayette-burglarized-and-burned/

I don't know that he had to be in Texas on May 26th to report his truck stolen.

In many cities, if no one was injured in the crime, you can actually file a police report online. You never have to go into a police station or show ID or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998