LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sexual predator doesn't have to see an idea to develop it in their mind. Another poster asked if there was some place these people got ideas from since there have been 3 bump & grabs recently. I said they may have gotten it from watching a tv show. I find it unusual since there have not been many disappearances from bicycles that are known about that recently we have had 3 close together. So it is possible that some tv show this past spring had an incident that put the idea into the back of their heads.

There have been THREE "bump & grab" (are you talking women on bicycles?) incidents in Laffy, recently?! What are the other two?

This is the way I suspect BSL drove to get rid of his truck:

US-190 W to DeRidder,LA to Woodville,TX, to West Livingston, TX, to Coldrpring, TX, to Shepherd,TX where someone possibly picked him up, to Spring TX where he got a rental, and then I-10 to Rayne, stopped to visit his mom, and then on to Lafayette where he picked up his new truck and returned his rental.

Having lived in the Churchpoint/Lawtell area and being at Fort Polk he would have known many of the back roads and I think he would have tried to avoid going near Lafayette and I10 in the Z71DWT.

To look at it on a map it is a big loop.

There have been THREE "bump & grab" (are you talking women on bicycles?) incidents in Laffy, recently?! What are the other two?

There were posts that mentioned one in NC, and one in FL in the last few pages of this thread.

There was only one in "Laffy" as far as I know.

I do find it scary that there were 3 recent cases, though.

Interesting! This is article in Montgomery Cty Police Reporter --

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925 :waitasec: :waitasec:

I have always believed the two trucks in front of the station are the same. Now I am not dead set on it as other information comes to light. But I do know there is no way on this earth the truck with that very white bed cover is the same as the one in front of the station. Not unless they ditched that cover somewhere and painted their handles black!

The police have never confirmed for certain either way. I am not even sure if they are sure themselves. In the far beginning they were thought to be the same then there was some confusion when the hooptie and the truck with the bed cover were ruled out. I can see how this would be.

It's awfully too bad the police will not share this tiny little detail with. I kid y'all because that would just change everything now wouldn't it! If they are the same truck then Brandon would have only had a couple minutes to grab Mickey and head on out.

In case you missed it the first time.

Stealing photos from of a non-player's PRIVATE Facebook page and posting photos of the perp with a VERY YOUNG MINOR CHILD????

Really? Did that just really happen on here???

NOT

one.

more.

word.

about any of those photos. Not another word of discussion about any of the non-player's Facebook pages.

Lengthy Time Outs forthcoming to anyone who continues on after this warning.

This is the way I suspect BSL drove to get rid of his truck:

US-190 W to DeRidder,LA to Woodville,TX, to West Livingston, TX, to Coldrpring, TX, to Shepherd,TX where someone possibly picked him up, to Spring TX where he got a rental, and then I-10 to Rayne, stopped to visit his mom, and then on to Lafayette where he picked up his new truck and returned his rental.

Having lived in the Churchpoint/Lawtell area and being at Fort Polk he would have known many of the back roads and I think he would have tried to avoid going near Lafayette and I10 in the Z71DWT.

To look at it on a map it is a big loop.

Roughly like so?
http://goo.gl/maps/jwPQ

They are not the same truck. Although it is confusing because they look very similar. The one in front of Circle K in which you can see all four doors is NOT BSL's truck. That is also the truck that is in the picture where people thought they saw Mickey but in reality were looking at a School Xing sign.

The one where the sign is partially obscuring the cab area IS BSLs truck. Apparently, it is not four doors but extended cab. At least, that is what I've gathered from the news/info that I have read.

Scroll down the link to the title that says Verbatim from LPD news conference in Mickey Shunick case.
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
From the press conference:
"Based on information and surveillance detectives were able to positively identify the truck that traveled directly behind Mickey in the video as belonging to Brandon Lavergne."

It was this truck and the sign was a road construction sign as you stated. Just a heads up for those who have not seen it 1363646544343 times:
newtruck.jpg

In regards to BSL's white truck... I do not know why BUT I have a "feeling" that he poured accelerant on it and "lit it" then left BEFORE realizing that for whatever reason it was not "destroyed" as he was hoping.
I think it burned but not "enough". Had it been a TOTAL LOSS I believe LE would have said as much as well as adding the fact that they could not gain any significant evidence due to the temp and the fact that nothing was left...

I "think" he messed up here somehow and left a burning truck that petered out shortly after he left, leaving investigators with a LOT of "evidence"...

IMO whatever he "thought" was burned with the truck wasn't and is one of the many reasons he is where he is today....
He had a "jesus" complex... IMO he thought he was a "gift" to mankind...
he "thought" he could decide who lives and dies... and that NO ONE would ever suspect him in a similar crime again

sorry dude! YOU were Wrong!

No other bump & grabs in Lafayette.

Raleigh, NC- 22 year old was bumped off her bike and actually got in the vehicle with the perp who promised to drive her home but went aa 1/2 mile away and then tried to rape her.

Jacksonville, FL, a 33? year old woman on a Beach Cruiser bicycle disappeared, her body was found but no bike so it's suspected she may have been a bump & grab as well.

Thankfully, NO OTHERS in Lafayette!

In regards to BSL's white truck... I do not know why BUT I have a "feeling" that he poured accelerant on it and "lit it" then left BEFORE realizing that for whatever reason it was not "destroyed" as he was hoping.
I think it burned but not "enough". Had it been a TOTAL LOSS I believe LE would have said as much as well as adding the fact that they could not gain any significant evidence due to the temp and the fact that nothing was left...

I "think" he messed up here somehow and left a burning truck that petered out shortly after he left, leaving investigators with a LOT of "evidence"...

IMO whatever he "thought" was burned with the truck wasn't and is one of the many reasons he is where he is today....
he "thought" he could decide who lives and dies... and that NO ONE would ever suspect him in a similar crime again

I pray you are right. I am sure he did use accelerant inside the cab as well but hopefully he closed the door and maybe the fire didn't have enough oxygen to burn it all inside. Even if it did hopefully the truck has damage from hitting the bike. That won't burn away no matter what.

I agree :rocker:

Yes, but start off in Lawtell, LA.

How did you link that? Just used the URL? Thanks!

You're welcome. You don't use the URL from the address bar. You can create the map in Google " get directions" and then click the little chainlink symbol to the right directly above the directions in Google maps. The pop-up window will give the URL to the directions, so one might email them or whatever, and it also allows one to select a short URL like so

http://goo.gl/maps/Lxnb

I changed it to Lawtell.

I just found five tier three RSOs in my zip code. What to do? Send out fliers? Hire a hit man?

I am no expert in Lauren's case but I am quite certain many feel that someone 'cleared' is responsible. All speculation but I think it is the person that drives that truck. They had an alibi but is still on the radar of those close. Just speculation on what I have heard. In interviews they always seem to be upset that some individuals didn't come forward with information.
LE explicitly cleared the driver of the white truck in the Lauren Spierer case.

A white Chevrolet pickup truck captured on videotape near where the 20-year-old may have last been seen has been ruled out as being involved in the case of the missing student.

Police at first thought the truck circled the block suspiciously, but later determined a time discrepancy between video cameras was the reason the truck appeared to go by twice.

Video confirmed what the truck owner told police about being in the area to pick someone up, said Capt. Joe Qualters of the Bloomington Police Department. “The vehicle has been eliminated from the investigation,” he said

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/20/news.qp-1784939.sto

What you've heard is the Spierers admonishing Lauren's so-called friends for not being forthcoming.

this is the 4th time i've asked this question and i still don't think anyone has answered me. i apologize for asking again if y'all have and i overlooked the answer. are the 2 trucks in front of circle K both brandon's truck?

The two trucks in front of Circle K (one travelling to right and another to left in the pictures) are NOT the same trucks.

BSL DWT is traveling right behind Mickey (towards the right in pic).
:waitasec: Yes it was confusing for awhile.

Just wondering. Has the levee road north of I-10 near WB been searched. It is a very dark road at night and leads up to Hwy 190 which would lead all the way back to where he lives. He could have dumped her somewhere between WB and Krotz Springs.

There was a kidnapping and murder of a retired bank president in Reddell, La in 1983 I believe. Aubrey Lahaye was the victim's name. A Bolfa I believe was convicted. Anyway, the body was tied to two tire rims but came out floating in a bayou. Interestingly Reddell is where Lavergne's first victim was.

Anyway, it's awfully hard to keep a body down but there are alligators in Whiskey Bay.

DTL raped and killed Pam (don't remember her last name) on the WB embankment and surveyors found her badly decomposed body on the embankment covered in leaves and branches. I don't know if Lee was too concerned about covering his tracks. Had this happenened on the ground I suspect dogs could have sniffed something or other evidence found. I would guess whatever happened was inside the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll