LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE was responsible for bringing TES back, then they probably had obtained some sort of info about areas that required searching. We can only hope it came from some sort of electronics. In any case, it seems that LE is concentrating on areas local to the crime and the suspect, which leads me to believe that nothing indicates BL left the general area prior to heading to New Orleans. I still think that Mickey was left behind long before that.

I wonder how specific data would be from OnStar or pings...if they would only indicate a general area, it could still be almost impossible to find her.

'Yes cluciano63, Tim Miller stated when they discontinued the original search last month, that they would only return if there was new location info. Imo, it would have to be very solid info and specific areas or sites. Imo, someone with general info of these areas is sharing this info'..

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
Texas Equusearch returns

07/15/2012 07:19 PM by Erin Steuber

This weekend Texas Equusearch is back in Acadiana. You'll remember, they're a search and recovery group, which spent time here in the first days and weeks after Mickey went missing. They left, but vowed to return once new information surfaced. While it's unclear where they are searching, and whether or not they've found anything, the group posted on Facebook they are not in need of volunteers, this time around. They're using only Texas Equusearch members for this latest search.

IMO: A combination of sharp objects could have contributed to his wounds. Medical reports may show that.

In other words: No one can say that it is impossible that both a perp. and victim had sharp objects, and both used them.

From the above article, "Deputies said Lavergne told them someone at a gas station attacked him with a knife or sharp weapon when he stopped to ask for directions, but was unable to remember where the alleged attack occurred."

I think I followed the Caylee Anthony case too long. Remember how everything Casey said had a grain (small grain, but a grain) of truth to it? Makes me think he initially asked Mickey for directions and when he went to grab her, she attacked him with a knife or sharp weapon.

Mickey Shunick's bike had rear tire damage consistent with being bumped by a vehicle.

Mickey Shunick's bike had rear tire damage consistent with being bumped by a vehicle.
------------
Oddly enough, I was viewing a movie, comedy, I think, where the driver of a car bumped someone with the tire, to remove the bike rider from the bike.

I've been thinking about several posters who said that sometimes murderers will give up location of the victim in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table.

I may be odd, but if given the choice between life in prison without the possibility of parole and the death penalty, the latter doesn't seem like the worst alternative. Am I the only one? Life in prison seems so dangerous, degrading, pointless, depressing... Not worth living. I mean, we all have to go sometime right? I think I'd rather it be sooner than later.

You forget that many sex offenders and abusers of women and children are just fine with destroying and ending other people's lives, but they are cowards who will do anything to save their own lying *advertiser censored*. I also believe they like to prolong their sick little power trip by withholding the location of their victims. IMO :twocents:

From the above article, "Deputies said Lavergne told them someone at a gas station attacked him with a knife or sharp weapon when he stopped to ask for directions, but was unable to remember where the alleged attack occurred."

I think I followed the Caylee Anthony case too long. Remember how everything Casey said had a grain (small grain, but a grain) of truth to it? Makes me think he initially asked Mickey for directions and when he went to grab her, she attacked him with a knife or sharp weapon.
------------
Regarding the part I bolded above. We also discussed this in reference to another feature of the attack story:

Thread #35:

My post:

Maybe the suspect is mirroring his own behavior, when he says: attacked outside a gas station.

Maybe the suspect knows that someone can be attacked right near a gas station, you know, like a Circle K, and never be seen.
----------
courtneyb responded about there always being a grain of truth in a lie. OK, I'll try to go back and get the exact post.

Thanks.

I know that. Based on his words I was guessing that he probably started with asking directions. Then when that didn't work he plowed into her with his truck...

------------
Regarding the part I bolded above. We also discussed this in reference to another feature of the attack story:

Thread #35:

My post:

Maybe the suspect is mirroring his own behavior, when he says: attacked outside a gas station.

Maybe the suspect knows that someone can be attacked right near a gas station, you know, like a Circle K, and never be seen.
----------
courtneyb responded about there always being a grain of truth in a lie. OK, I'll try to go back and get the exact post.

Thanks.

That's a good post. Mirroring his own behavior...hmmmm.... After reading your post I am now wondering if he was thinking if he did get caught on video near a gas station abducting Mickey he was contemplating twisting it to make it sound like she attacked him? Obviously ridiculous, but one does wonder what he was thinking in his mind with his "story".

I think they can locate to within 9 ft. But not once you leave the vehicle and/or leave your cell phone behind.

A healthy man can cover a lot of ground on foot.

I'm so encouraged to see that TES is returning to Lafayette. IMO, LE must have additional areas of interest (places to search) that makes TES put Mickey back as a top priority. This makes me very hopeful that Mickey will be found soon.

JurysOut- I hope that despite being a healthy guy that his injuries made him stick closer to the truck. Just thinking that a bleeding man is less likely to want to take as much time or effort to lift, drag or handle anything including evidence, especially since he wouldn't have known how serious he was cut at that point.

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but have found (numerous cooking, and arts/craft project cuts throughout life) that pain from hand/finger injuries tends to radiate to the point of throbbing and can make use difficult. So depending on the cut's location, handling Mickey after the fact, may have been done is haste. If he was hurting, it's likely that he didn't take as much time in where he left her -- since he may have been more concerned with getting himself treated and/ or not leaving his blood/dna on her. Of course, that may mean that he placed her in water to get rid of his blood. With so many injuries, he had to be soaked with blood. I think LE thinks water is the most likely place for her to be, making TES the best team to find her.

Question: Between Lafayette and New Orleans, where are the easiest and closest places to access water with a truck? Locations that are private/isolated where he could have driven his truck to the water's edge are the most likely, IMO. Anyplace like that north or south from Whiskey Bay, along 975? Gravel roads leading to river or boat launch that aren't well known?

I'm thinking he left her between his house and Whiskey Bay or between Whiskey Bay and New Orleans along LA 975.

You forget that many sex offenders and abusers of women and children are just fine with destroying and ending other people's lives, but they are cowards who will do anything to save their own lying *advertiser censored*. I also believe they like to prolong their sick little power trip by withholding the location of their victims. IMO :twocents:

BBM - I agree, it is their last vestage of "having control".

Prayers that today is the day she is located.

---------------

IMO: I posted immediately after the article where the hairstylist noticed the scar on his neck:

I think he could have had a knife and Mickey turned it on him. Because we know that his previous victim had a sharp object held to her side. (If I need to, I can find my posts, to find the exact wording.)

This is before any information came out that he had gone to the hospital and had stab wounds.

I said that because of the previous victim.

And many perps. have used knives to:

Get immediate control of the victim, as a threat.

But when they lose control, or the victim turns the weapon on them, the knife initially used as a threat, often becomes a murder weapon.

This is my opinion too and is the opinion I formed after I saw the mugshot with the neck scar. I think she turned the knife on him and he got it back. I think he planned to strangle (remember he tried to smother his wife), but may have ended up using the knife in a rage after she used it on him. I wonder what he did with the knife? Not even worth thinking about. We wil all just be all over the place with that. He most likely hid it well.

Another thing, he HAD to have washed his truck to some degree before Nola, right? Where do u think he washed out his truck?

Look, a lot of us are speaking directly from the place of knowing how these perps. operate, victims ourselves, knowing victims, reading about victims.

It is not "trying" to get inside what they are thinking, but knowing how they think.

Telling where Mickey is equals admitting to the crime, and he is showing no signs of doing that. I don't see it as power so much as self-preservation and an arrogance, thinking that LE cannot prove anything without her body.

'Yes cluciano63, Tim Miller stated when they discontinued the original search last month, that they would only return if there was new location info. Imo, it would have to be very solid info and specific areas or sites. Imo, someone with general info of these areas is sharing this info'..

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
Texas Equusearch returns

07/15/2012 07:19 PM by Erin Steuber

This weekend Texas Equusearch is back in Acadiana. You'll remember, they're a search and recovery group, which spent time here in the first days and weeks after Mickey went missing. They left, but vowed to return once new information surfaced. While it's unclear where they are searching, and whether or not they've found anything, the group posted on Facebook they are not in need of volunteers, this time around. They're using only Texas Equusearch members for this latest search.

Someone close to him must have shared insight on likely places he may have put her (places he hunted or fished maybe) OR the GPS shed some light. I do hope they find her today. Prayers for the Shunicks and that their Mickey is found today!

This is my opinion too and is the opinion I formed after I saw the mugshot with the neck scar. I think she turned the knife on him and he got it back. I think he planned to strangle (remember he tried to smother his wife), but may have ended up using the knife in a rage after she used it on him. I wonder what he did with the knife? Not even worth thinking about. We wil all just be all over the place with that. He most likely hid it well.

Another thing, he HAD to have washed his truck to some degree before Nola, right? Where do u think he washed out his truck?
-------------
It is so maddening, yes, I said that, because you'd think that finding a victim would be more advanced after years and years, rather than a perp. having the advantage...Foxfire knows what I'm talking about.

Regarding the bold above. Why did he get charged with murder, after LE examined the mobile home?

cluciano and others have said many times, there has to be a very good reason.

Telling where Mickey is equals admitting to the crime, and he is showing no signs of doing that. I don't see it as power so much as self-preservation and an arrogance, thinking that LE cannot prove anything without her body.

No one's accused him of being the brightest bulb in the closet. As many have suggested, the DP might draw the info out of him.

While not especially bright in some ways, he's proven himself to be sly. He knows the longer he holds the info, the bigger the trade for it will be.

I pray that they can bring Mickey home TODAY! Mostly for the family that has been through so much, but also so that the person guilty of this crime can be punished.:jail:

<< respectfully snipped by me>>
- since he may have been more concerned with getting himself treated and/ or not leaving his blood/dna on her. Of course, that may mean that he placed her in water to get rid of his blood. With so many injuries, he had to be soaked with blood. I think LE thinks water is the most likely place for her to be, making TES the best team to find her.

Question: Between Lafayette and New Orleans, where are the easiest and closest places to access water with a truck? Locations that are private/isolated where he could have driven his truck to the water's edge are the most likely, IMO. Anyplace like that north or south from Whiskey Bay, along 975? Gravel roads leading to river or boat launch that aren't well known?

I'm thinking he left her between his house and Whiskey Bay or between Whiskey Bay and New Orleans along LA 975.

ITA... I posted the same thing right after I heard the report about him getting injured and visiting the er. I think he would've had to put her in water because there's no way to have gotten rid of his dna... Hate to say it... unless he used fire. Ugh.... Still, I doubt that due to his injuries and time constraints.

Yes, I agree with you. At this stage, he is keeping his mouth shut to save his skin and try to look innocent (it ain't working). Once he is faced with enough proof on the table to convict him, he will have to think again. I would be very happily surprised to see him confess to everything and give all the information leading to Mickey's location, without their being some kind of plea deal on the table...but we shall see.

Bring Mickey Home :rocker: http://findmickeynow.com/site/ :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members