LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note: The rumors are getting out of hand again. Reminder that we are not to sleuth anyone who has not been named by LE or in MSM as a victim or suspect.

Thanks Greenstar for this post yesterday
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8163273&postcount=798"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37[/ame]

it could be that while the person was in the hospital that BSL went to visit said person and he told person then what he did days after the fact or even months. Its all about the timing. I agree, I wish the person would have told sooner but your looking at a person who was paralyzed, who could not run, and BSL threatened this person.

Edit to add and of course at this point it is all RUMORED

The extra fear due to paralysis is an excellent point. But you'd think when bsl went to prison for 10 years they would speak up and get him put away for good. No worries then

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Do we know the address where Lisa's remains were found?

It's on Brigman hwy in Church Point. Haven't seen the number. Nowadays even rural addresses have a street name and house number, however back in 1999 not all did. Alot of rural addresses were Route/box prior to converting to house number/street name format for the 911 system in the late 90's. So even if the original info listed an address, it might not be the same address the property is known as today. I did look at the acadia parish tax assessor's office online as they have an interactive map for all property/owners in the parish. Did not see any Lavergne's owning property on that road (if the property is even still in the family) but it could've been owned by family on the maternal side. I do know his mom's maiden name and no property owned under that name on that road either however.

The extra fear due to paralysis is an excellent point. But you'd think when bsl went to prison for 10 years they would speak up and get him put away for good. No worries then

Maybe she felt at least he was in prison, even if not for the crime of murder. Then 8 years later, her circumstances could've changed - ie children to worry about, elderly parents etc and she could've been afraid of him even more. Not to mention being afraid of prosecution herself for not coming forward earlier.

Do we know the address where Lisa's remains were found?

I have heard that her remains were found under a pile of wood on BSL's property or property connected to him. I dont know how true this is but it should not be too hard to verify.

Just to go off of this post, it seems weird to me that the idea of "serial killers" is so much scarier to the public than the idea of many different killers murdering all of the people who are found along highways or missing forever. I think it is scarier to imagine that they were all, or most, killed by different people. Yet "serial killer" has such an evil connotation that LE does not even like to say it. And for some reason, it seems like people take comfort when a bunch of crimes are deemed to be unrelated. IMO, that is worse, as it means there are even more people out there harming and killing people.

Not sure if I am making sense, just something I am thinking about...

I think for many SK sounds worse because SK hunt. It is scary to feel that you could be the one hunted. It us also awful there are so many that kill but often there are reasons like arguments, domestic violence etc that doesnt leave strangers hunted. JMO.

Just a question.

Ladies, ignore the facts for a second and just look at him.

How many of you, honestly, would accept help from him based on his looks?

Unfortunately, I think I would have to say yes.

At first he looked like such a normal guy. Its amazing that I see a totally different person now in the same pics.

He has always looked so familiar to me. And just about every single person I have talked to has said the same. He is very familiar looking and his name is familiar. Did we know him for some reason?

I am sure none of us (family or friends) have never met him, but he has that look.

Just a question.

Ladies, ignore the facts for a second and just look at him.

How many of you, honestly, would accept help from him based on his looks?

The thing is is that his doesn't look threatening - I don't think he's great looking, but he's not frightening either. But, because I think EVERYONE is a SK (not kidding you), I would not accept help from anyone -- unless I know them very well or they are in uniform and driving a marked car.

O/T: my niece is going to a larger city for college this fall. I gave her my speech about "everyone is a serial killer" and she laughed. I became very concerned that she wasn't taking her safety seriously and proceeded to take an even more stern approach...she stopped laughing and looked me straight in the face and said, "I'm laughing because, I already think that".
...we are often told that we think just alike; and this is yet another way. :)

And I'm thinking that this girl that was in the car accident with him must have came forward to police after putting " two &two together" when she found out he was charged with 1'st degree murder of Micky.

Or maybe she really did give him up back then and thats why he was a suspect years ago but LE just didnt have enough on him and now they do. ??

It's on Brigman hwy in Church Point. Haven't seen the number. Nowadays even rural addresses have a street name and house number, however back in 1999 not all did. Alot of rural addresses were Route/box prior to converting to house number/street name format for the 911 system in the late 90's. So even if the original info listed an address, it might not be the same address the property is known as today. I did look at the acadia parish tax assessor's office online as they have an interactive map for all property/owners in the parish. Did not see any Lavergne's owning property on that road (if the property is even still in the family) but it could've been owned by family on the maternal side. I do know his mom's maiden name and no property owned under that name on that road either however.

Multiple sources I have found say her body was found on the property of a rental home including local posters on this thread?

I doubt he would put Mickey in a similar place, since Lisa was found...
Don't forget the Calder Road "killing field".

4 bodies .. one found 1984 .. 2 in 1986 .. and one in 1991 .. dumped in the same field at different times.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Pate's son comments 11:40 am
The following statement was sent to us this morning from Bryant Martie, one of Lisa Pate's sons:
"The only thing we would like to say at this time is that we are glad he is finally getting charged for this. (We) waited 13 years for this and if they would of gotten him then he wouldn't have be able to do what he (has) done today. We send our thoughts and prayers out to the Shunick family and thank everyone for their condolences and prayers."

Families Await Justice
09:03 AM by Jim Hummel
It was in June of 1999 when 35-year-old Lisa Pate of Youngsville went missing.
There was no sign of the mother of three for three-months.

Fear of incriminating themselves and prosecution may have played a part in their silence. BSL filed 3 appeals while encarcerated and one later I believe.
Guess, there is a difference when you have seen a persons evil and know that they will be released as opposed serving life w/o parole or death..jmo

so, what are the thoughts on if there will be separate trials for each indictment or if they will try them both at the same time?

With all of these reports about BSL's connection to previous homes being burned down, I have to believe there were more victims under these homes. If it is true that Lisa was found beneath the floor boards, this also aligns with my thoughts.

Now, I do not know how hot a fire would have to be to completely detroy a human body, but what IF there were traces of Mickey in the burned truck and they are still waiting for the forensics to come back to say it WAS her? I remember in the Antionette Davis case, the results were not back for a LONG time. Anyone think they may be basing the 1st degree murder charge of pending forensic results from the truck? Just a thought.

My personal opinion is that they have some "tangible" or electronic evidence.
Sk's like to relive their crimes. Whatever it was... he chose not to burn it
with the truck. he had to have "trophies" IMO

David Russell Williams...
"He took thousands of pictures of his crimes and kept the photos on his computer. Crown Attorney Robert Morrison presented numerous pictures of Williams dressed in the very underwear and bras he had stolen, frequently while lying on the beds of his victims"
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Williams"]Russell Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

“Most sexual killers begin in their 20s, peak in their mid-30s and start to taper off by their 40s,” said Dr. Michael H. Stone, a New York psychiatrist who wrote the book “The Anatomy of Evil” (Prometheus, 2009).

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/21/world/americas/21psych.html?pagewanted=all

An image search of his name will make you go :what:
(pictures of him in lingere') ~creepy

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Church+Point,+LA&hl=en&ll=30.408146,-92.228292&spn=0.000327,0.000826&sll=30.44305,-92.24473&sspn=0.010323,0.026436&oq=chur+la&t=h&hnear=Church+Point,+Acadia,+Louisiana&z=20&layer=c&cbll=30.408146,-92.228292&panoid=3E1s6rDQLhvf_MqTGE4zqQ&cbp=12,182.63,,0,-0.29"]Church Point, LA - Google Maps[/ame]

I know a lot of foot searches were done in Lafayette, but what about Swords? Need to find Mickey!

Arresting BSL may have a dampening effect on the Jennings SK. It's easier to get away with stuff if there are several killers on the loose.

CF, a task force with the additional resources of the FBI BAU2 will increase the odds tremendously of uncovering any additional predators/serial killers active, IMO. Maybe even identifying and apprehending the Jennings serial killer.
Sean Vincent Gillis - was identified and brought to justice due to the DTL investigation. He was under the radar til then...

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Vincent_Gillis"]Sean Vincent Gillis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Sean Vincent Gillis is a convicted serial killer that stalked, kidnapped, raped, ... cases of murdered women when Derrick Todd Lee, the Baton Rouge Serial Killer

Friendly reminder!

Discussion of moderation of the forum is not allowed in the open forum.

We do not discuss rumors. Although SOME rumors turn out to be true in the end, there are also those that are just that 'rumor,' and tend to derail the threads. Until there's a 'link' to verify a circumstance, we ask you do NOT post rumors.

If you have questions regarding the forum, you may first want to go here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] ...... and your questions may be answered. If you're still in doubt or want to know why your post has been removed, please contact a moderator by 'pm.'

You are presently in the thread for Mickey Shunick in the "Missing Forum Discussion." To locate a moderator covering this thread, please go to the first page of the "Missing Forum Discussion" and the list of moderators is on the bottom right.

Thank you for caring about Mickey and your participation at Websleuths.

Sincerely,
fran
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads