LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would never give up, but how do you go about that? At some point TES will leave and LE will stop searching too, so do you start hiring people from the money raised? Do you just search on your own with a 4 wheeler? How do families go about a continued search after everyone has packed up and left?

Also, can anyone tell me more about truth serum? Is there ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO WAY they will use this on BSL?

This is just so upsetting. I think that he has too many rights as a TIER 3 RSO indicted for 2 murders and with such a shady history. It would be one thing if he didn't have a history at all. Like if he was just some guy with nothing but a few speeding tickets and a white truck and some ties to the crime. You know then we could say, well you can't just assume and force it out him because he COULD be innocent. But come on people!!! He is NOT innocent, and let's just say that he is, he still tied up and blindfolded and you know the rest - I can't even type it - an innocent 18 year old girl!!! He doesn't deserve the same rights as others IMO. The truth needs to be FORCED out of him somehow some way!!! I'm just so mad because there is a solution, but our system is too pansy *advertiser censored* to use it:banghead:

Truth serum does not make someone tell the truth. With most people, it relaxes the part of the brain they use to concoct a lie. It is not admissible in court because people could be influenced to say one thing or another and also because it does not affect everyone the same way. One person might not lie under the influence but another to whom lying is second nature, might.
It isn't full proof.

This is LA law about DNA. I could not find the posts asking about it:

" Under a Louisiana law effective September 1, 1999, law enforcement officials will collect DNA samples from adults and juveniles arrested for sex offenses or certain violent felonies."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/case/revolution/databases.html

I think by law they were NOT able to do that. I could be wrong but I have heard this from several places. It would be like going back on every RSO that committed a crime before the law went into effect. Not legal. So unless they had his DNA from the scene and kept it on file they MAY NOT have it.

Correction: They have it now. I meant they might not have had it before his latest arrest.

Right and now it can be compared with any open cases.

Being from the area I think with the weather change and hunting seasons coming up more hunters will be out in the isolated & woods areas making the chances of someone stumbling across something greater. How many times you hear of hunter or hikers stumbling across a body or remains? More often that just a regular person out & about for a daily walk. JMO of course.
With their dog I might add. The body is NO WHERE that a dog or hunter would go IMO... he's had quite a bit of time to tweak his "craft".
I think by law they were NOT able to do that. I could be wrong but I have heard this from several places. It would be like going back on every RSO that committed a crime before the law went into effect. Not legal. So unless they had his DNA from the scene and kept it on file they MAY NOT have it.

Correction: They have it now. I meant they might not have had it before his latest arrest.
That's what I believe as well.
moo

Get ready to move to a new thread. It's time to shut this one down.

ht_mickey_shunick_dm_120523_wg.jpg

The law for collecting DNA from RSO's did not go into effect until late 2000. He Plead & was sentenced in Feb 2000. So unless they went back and got DNA From all RSO's Convicted before law went into effect, which I doubt, they probably didn't have his DNA on file.

The law that went into effect in late 2000 is for all violent offenders on arrest, not necessarily RSO exclusively, right? And all sex offenders that are convicted would fall under another law that has been in effect much longer requiring DNA sample upon registration. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? So DNA one way or another had to be on file long before July 2012.

I too would never give up, but how do you go about that? At some point TES will leave and LE will stop searching too, so do you start hiring people from the money raised? Do you just search on your own with a 4 wheeler? How do families go about a continued search after everyone has packed up and left?

Also, can anyone tell me more about truth serum? Is there ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO WAY they will use this on BSL?

This is just so upsetting. I think that he has too many rights as a TIER 3 RSO indicted for 2 murders and with such a shady history. It would be one thing if he didn't have a history at all. Like if he was just some guy with nothing but a few speeding tickets and a white truck and some ties to the crime. You know then we could say, well you can't just assume and force it out him because he COULD be innocent. But come on people!!! He is NOT innocent, and let's just say that he is, he still tied up and blindfolded and you know the rest - I can't even type it - an innocent 18 year old girl!!! He doesn't deserve the same rights as others IMO. The truth needs to be FORCED out of him somehow some way!!! I'm just so mad because there is a solution, but our system is too pansy *advertiser censored* to use it:banghead:

I'm hoping he pleads guilty and tells us where MS is!!!! Then this drama can all go away.

I was never told anything about Brandon until recently when his name was in the news for the 2 murders. He was not a friend of my brother's; however, he seems to have ties to CH who did hang out with my brother. As far as visiting my brother's house, I don't know...it seems he knew it was vacant in order for a body to be hidden there.

I, along with my family, cleaned out my brother's house after the fatal accident. As I have said before on another site, there was no trace of Lisa Pate's body being there. IMO, the body was placed there after my brother had died. People knew it was a vacant house and a place to conceal a body. I feel 1 particular person knows a lot more than is being said. IMO, I think we need to look at the connection between BSL and CH. What are the dynamics there?

so it wasn't until recently that people started saying Brandon was involved in the car accident?

"convicted of oral sexual battery on a woman in Evangeline Parish. Just four months after being convicted of that crime, he was discharged from the army."

http://www.kalb.com/story/18985075/mickey-shunick-and-fort-polk-connection
Help me here. BSL "convicted" in Feb...
discharged in JUNE?

THEY JUST LET HIM OFF!
Did he have to answer to his superiors?

I bet not.
moo

He was discharged from Army. I'm sure it took time to file paperwork after conviction & sentencing. The army didn't want anything to do with him after he was convicted I'm sure.

"convicted of oral sexual battery on a woman in Evangeline Parish. Just four months after being convicted of that crime, he was discharged from the army."

http://www.kalb.com/story/18985075/mickey-shunick-and-fort-polk-connection
Help me here. BSL "convicted" in Feb...
discharged in JUNE?

THEY JUST LET HIM OFF!
Did he have to answer to his superiors?

I bet not.
moo

Best I can tell is:
By pleading guilty, he escaped the military.
By pleading guilty, he was never processed on the domestic abuse.

Not sure if anyone else here has seen this yet...

http://www.katc.com/news/opelousas-city-court-will-pursue-12-year-old-case-against-lavergne/

"Another parish preparing to bring Brandon Lavergne in to answer charges. Last week, we told you about a domestic violence allegation that never saw the inside of a courtroom in St. Landry Parish. It happened in Feburary 2000..."

Interesting! I was wondering if this would come back or if there was a statue of limitations.

Please continue here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179690"]LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd