Found Deceased LA - Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, 43, New Orleans, 6 Jan 2022

Let me recap the situation to make sure I have this correct.

• At the time of her disappearance, Becky was living with Michael Hearty in New Orleans.
• Hearty is a known friend of Benjamin Beale (believed to be involved in the Julia Dardar case)
• Becky's Toyota SUV was last sighted by traffic cameras January 6, 2022, on I-10, near their residence in New Orleans, heading west.
• Police report two people inside the vehicle at that time but they could not be identified.
• Becky's cell phone went silent around this time.
• Becky's daughter and ex-husband live in Texas but Becky had no known plans to drive there at that time.
• Becky was familiar with the New Orleans area and traveled there occasionally before moving there after her divorce.

Is all of this correct?

• At the time of her disappearance, Becky was living with Michael Hearty in New Orleans.
• Hearty is a known friend of Benjamin Beale (believed to be involved in the Julia Dardar case)
• Becky's Toyota SUV was last sighted by traffic cameras January 6, 2022, on I-10, near their residence in New Orleans, heading west.
• Police report two people inside the vehicle at that time but they could not be identified.
• Becky's cell phone went silent around this time.
• Becky's daughter and ex-husband live in Texas but Becky had no known plans to drive there at that time.
• Becky was familiar with the New Orleans area and traveled there occasionally before moving there after her divorce.

Is all of this correct?

Yes except she was not really familiar with the new Orleans area except when she would bring her children to the zoo. We all used to avoid going south of Lake Pontchartrain because of the violence..

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers to her family. I feel like this will be solved and have much hope that Becky will be found safe.

This is Becky's FB (might be others since last post on this one was back in August 2021)

JMO BB appears quite unhinged! I certainly hope Becky did not come across him. Looks like he was arrested right after Becky was reported missing?

Benjamin Beale threatened to ‘chop up’ another woman, compared himself to Dexter, arrest warrant claims

BR woman recounts bizarre encounter with man now jailed in grisly dismemberment case

BTW I saw the KK FB (BB's aka) and though I know I can't discuss it I think I can can say ugh..

If anyone has any questions that I should be asking the police, something I should be doing, etc. Please let me know.. I just can't think at this time.. I appreciate y'all listening and everyone's prayers for Becky, she really is a good person, it just this past year has been hard on her, otherwise I really believe Becky would not have gotten involved with someone like this person. I will continue to let you know if there is anything new . Still waiting on her phone records,etc.

@karenlpn2000, Thanks for letting us know that Becky was not very familiar with the New Orleans area. It's also good that you asked police for Becky's phone records. I'm not sure what information is typically found in phone records like this but they may help answer some questions about who she was communicating with before she disappeared.

Questions:

• Did the police interview Michael Hearty regarding Becky's disappearance? If yes, what did he say?
• Have the police searched the house where Becky and Hearty lived? If so, what was found? Were there any signs of violence at the house?
• Did the neighbors see or hear anything suspicious before Becky was last seen?
• You mentioned Becky texted her girlfriend and said Hearty's lifestyle was "questionable", and that "what he did frightened her". Do you know what she was referring to?

On a map it looks like I-10 west of New Orleans goes to the Baton Rouge area, and then on towards Texas.

- Would Becky have any reason for going that way? Did she have friends or any favorite places she often went to in the Baton Rouge area?

The last text message I received from Becky was on 1/5. She said that she was going to talk to Complete Media in Baton Rouge for an interview on 1/7. This is a company that Becky has worked for before, however, the ownership/management had changed. I called Complete Media a week or so ago and they said they haven't spoken to or seen Becky. Made it sound like there wasn't an actual interview.

My daughter and I (Stephen Hendrix) currently live in Arkansas. We lived in the same border town in Texas just prior to the breakup. There was talk back in December of her coming up here (AR) to live but she later said that it wouldn't work out and decided she was going to get a job in N.O. or Baton Rouge.

I've tried speaking with the detectives to get more information but I think they suspect me as they asked more questions about me than I did of Becky. And they gave me zero information. I get it and I'm willing to cooperate fully. I'll answer any questions I can but it appears Karen is much more informed about Becky's most recent living arrangements, people she was associated with, etc.

Out now an urgent Missing Persons alert podcast episode about the case of 43 year old mother of two Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, who was last heard from in New Orleans, LA on the afternoon of January 6,2022. Foul play may be involved, and her case may be connected to that of Julia Dardar, another New Orleans area woman who was allegedly murdered and dismembered by a man named Benjamin Beale. Beale is an associate of the man Becky was dating when she went missing.
Becky's vehicle, a Blue Toyota Highlander with Texas license plate DJD2581 is also missing and was observed on video surveillance around the time Becky vanished.
Anyone with additional information on Becky Hostetler-Hendrix’s whereabouts is asked to contact NOPD First District detectives at 504-658-6010

Listen now on your favorite podcast player or app, or listen on the web and share to social media via this link

Out now an urgent Missing Persons alert podcast episode about the case of 43 year old mother of two Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, who was last heard from in New Orleans, LA on the afternoon of January 6,2022. Foul play may be involved, and her case may be connected to that of Julia Dardar, another New Orleans area woman who was allegedly murdered and dismembered by a man named Benjamin Beale. Beale is an associate of the man Becky was dating when she went missing.
Becky's vehicle, a Blue Toyota Highlander with Texas license plate DJD2581 is also missing and was observed on video surveillance around the time Becky vanished.
Anyone with additional information on Becky Hostetler-Hendrix’s whereabouts is asked to contact NOPD First District detectives at 504-658-6010

Listen now on your favorite podcast player or app, or listen on the web and share to social media via this link

Thanks, morf13.

Per the podcast, Becky told friends (5 days before she went missing) that she was afraid she had gotten in to a situation that made her feel scared, and she felt she had no control over it. (This was in reference to the guy she was living with, as seen above, in post #49.)

Becky's mom got her call log, and many of the calls were between Becky and the man she lived with. Mom tried calling him to no avail, so she set up a fake FB profile, in an attempt to meet with him, but she decided not to go, and called LE and informed them of her plan, instead.

Police have spoken to him and he's being cooperative.

He was friends with Beale, as well as Dardar. Beale was arrested on the 11th, and Becky went missing on the 6th. (Dardar went missing on the 24th of Dec).

Becky's car was seen on cam with another person in the car on the morning of the 6th, but it hasn't been confirmed who was in the car.

They are waiting on warrants to ping Becky's phone.

The boyfriend told police Becky might have committed suicide, which is troubling because that is what Beale said about Dardar.

The last text message I received from Becky was on 1/5. She said that she was going to talk to Complete Media in Baton Rouge for an interview on 1/7. This is a company that Becky has worked for before, however, the ownership/management had changed. I called Complete Media a week or so ago and they said they haven't spoken to or seen Becky. Made it sound like there wasn't an actual interview.
@Slhendrix Thanks for sharing this information. It doesn't surprise me that the company wouldn't provide any information about Becky's possible interview there, especially since this is a MP case and LE is involved.

AFAIK Becky's mother hasn't mentioned a possible job interview or Becky going to Baton Rouge for any reason.

In earlier text messages or phone calls with Becky, did she mention anything about Hearty (aka "Tricky Albert") or anything about their relationship?

He was friends with Beale, as well as Dardar. Beale was arrested on the 11th, and Becky went missing on the 6th. (Dardar went missing on the 24th of Dec). Becky's car was seen on cam with another person in the car on the morning of the 6th, but it hasn't been confirmed who was in the car. They are waiting on warrants to ping Becky's phone. The boyfriend told police Becky might have committed suicide, which is troubling because that is what Beale said about Dardar.

IMO these statements are very concerning, especially any mention of Beale in connection to Becky's case. Becky's mother mentioned earlier that Hearty ("Tricky Albert") is a known friend of Beale's and that they were in a band together.

This is also the first time I've heard any mention of possible suicide. Neither Becky's mother or ex-husband have mentioned this possibility AFAIK.

I would certainly like to know if Hearty admitted being in Becky's vehicle on the day of her disappearance, plus many other things, but I'm sure LE can't reveal much information to the public during the investigation.

Becky's mom got her call log, and many of the calls were between Becky and the man she lived with.
Since Hearty and Becky were living together, and in close communication based on call logs, it would seem logical that Hearty would know, or least have an idea, where Becky was going the day she disappeared.

We know two people were seen in Becky's vehicle on the day it disappeared but apparently it's not possible to identify them or who was driving the vehicle at the time. We could speculate of course, but we may have to wait until we get detailed phone records to see if Becky's phone was able to be tracked that morning. It would also help if Hearty's phone records, assuming he has a phone and had it with him that day, could also be obtained by LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back